Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 10:25 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,822,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I did:
I did too, but most of the rest didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:09 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Regardless of what women say, most don't like single guys in minivans. It's not exactly a chick magnet.
Thanks for speaking for all women.

I won't speak for all 3 billion of them, but I don't know a single one who would care if a guy drove a minivan.

It's another one of those countless times where some guy decides for the rest of all men that women will or will not like something based really on what a guy thinks.

Minivans are super useful. They don't meet my particular needs, but sometimes I wish I had one.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,670,560 times
Quote:
So you need to set the record straight because you're worried people will stumble on this thread and buy SUVs anymore?
There's a niche out for everybody but most people will be better off with a minivan over an SUV. Why do you feel the need to justify your personal vehicle choice to everybody?

This is precisely why I respond. You cannot possibly know what most people would need. Neither can I. The best thing to do is list the pros and cons of each, and allow people to choose for themselves. When you constantly attempt to downplay an SUV it is very clear how you feel about them and can quickly skew information that people may be looking for.

You ask why I justify my personal vehicle choice. I have explained the usefulness that it has for my family. Not that no one should buy one, nor do I presume (as you do) that an SUV will work for everyone.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:33 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
This is precisely why I respond. You cannot possibly know what most people would need. Neither can I. The best thing to do is list the pros and cons of each, and allow people to choose for themselves. When you constantly attempt to downplay an SUV it is very clear how you feel about them and can quickly skew information that people may be looking for.

You ask why I justify my personal vehicle choice. I have explained the usefulness that it has for my family. Not that no one should buy one, nor do I presume (as you do) that an SUV will work for everyone.
All I hear is downplaying minivans capabilities. It can't tow and that's about the only the downside. You're also comparing a full size SUV to a minivan and not a fullsize van that you should be comparing it too. It's like saying my Tahoe can pull more than your Escape.
The majority of people with SUVs would be fine with a minivan (including me), but reality is most people buy cars because just because they want them, otherwise performance sedans and sports cars wouldn't exist.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:36 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Thanks for speaking for all women.

I won't speak for all 3 billion of them, but I don't know a single one who would care if a guy drove a minivan.

It's another one of those countless times where some guy decides for the rest of all men that women will or will not like something based really on what a guy thinks.

Minivans are super useful. They don't meet my particular needs, but sometimes I wish I had one.
If a woman likes single guys with minivans then that would explain why they're still single themselves. They obviously have too much baggage.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
If a woman likes single guys with minivans then that would explain why they're still single themselves. They obviously have too much baggage.
I think women like men who think for themselves and get the kind of car that suits the lifestyle that they have. Not one that they're trying to project because of their little man insecurities.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:48 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Yeah, but a minivan will haul all that baggage.

This thread reminded me of a friend whose wife nagged and nagged and nagged him to get a minivan (she kept her Lexus) and then belittled him for having one every day until she filed for divorce eight months later.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, but a minivan will haul all that baggage.

This thread reminded me of a friend whose wife nagged and nagged and nagged him to get a minivan (she kept her Lexus) and then belittled him for having one every day until she filed for divorce eight months later.
That's hilarious! (The part about hauling all that baggage, not the divorce story.)

Old 07-06-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That's hilarious! (The part about hauling all that baggage, not the divorce story.)
It's hilarious bc I think minivans are terrible for lots of luggage.
Unless you don't carry passengers.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Any thought?
Also, I'm primarily interested in Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey.
Thanks
Go for it...if it is a 6 cylinder automatic...lettem' eat your dust...and in case of destitution?
You can sleep in it. Darken the windows and it's an RV! A home on the road!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive