Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 05:33 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times

Advertisements

I don't hate large SUV's persay, if you actually NEED one, which 99% of the people who have them, simply don't. They're used for commuting and mall crawling and rarely, if ever take one step off the pavement.

If you don't have a large family to transport, no need to carry large amounts of stuff like hunting or fishing gear or the like, or you don't have any reason to tread off the pavement, then why bother? Just so you can feel like some self important ******* who has to sit up high?

What I really hate are crossovers, they make me want to puke. They're useless at everything, being a car, being a truck, etc. Nothing more than a modern day Minivan, but with bigger wheels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 05:39 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post

What I really hate are crossovers, they make me want to puke. They're useless at everything, being a car, being a truck, etc. Nothing more than a modern day Minivan, but with bigger wheels.
Agree 10000000%. My mother has a '16 Buick Enclave which, sure, is a nice vehicle, but it does NOTHING for me. It drives quite nice but I reallllly wish she had gotten another Yukon.

And that's exactly what they are, today's version of minivans.

Crossovers just aren't cool, IMO. There's really not one I can think I'd be interested in. DH wants a Lexus SUV and thinks an RX "would be fine." Sorry, honey. It's going to be a GX or LX. Real trucks, not poser grocery getters.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:54 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
It's bc the Crown Vic is dead. Those were tough, body on frame (like a truck), could take a pounding, were huge inside and out, and basically indestructible.
They haven’t used Crown Vics in ages. Up here they switched to Dodge quite a few years ago, Chargers I think.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:10 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They haven’t used Crown Vics in ages. Up here they switched to Dodge quite a few years ago, Chargers I think.
Yeah, that's what they use here, too. There are still some police Crown Vics I see occasionally.

The Charger is alotttt smaller than the old Fords, inside, trunk, etc. This is why now we see cops driving around in $70,000 Tahoes, for the room and utility. Seriously, a buddy sells Chevys and showed me the sticker of one of the 6 that KPD has bought. Our tax dollars hard at work!

IMO a Tahoe is the best thing to replace the old Crown Vics with. Clearly a superior vehicle but more importantly checks all the boxes. They're not slow, either.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:49 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
I own one. I'd rather have less size and more mpg, but that rolling Stay Puft is what I could get in my budget.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:17 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Would love to own a semi and park next to large SUVS and block their vision. Nothing like being a blindspot. Nothing like making a left or driving behind small cars and making people wonder why others don't like being near big vehicles.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:40 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
You all can complain all you want large suvs and pickups are a way of life now. There’s going to be allot more on the road especially with the mpg the new ones can get. 6500 pickups are sold a day in this country.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:18 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
The Ford Imposition
The Lincoln Instigator

These cars along with the other large SUVs are owned by road bullies. When the road is crowded and you are doing five over in the right lane, there they are on your tail.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:26 AM

714 posts, read 722,135 times
My beef with SUVs is that far too many people don't know how to drive or park them. I saw a guy in a massive SUV try to pack into a parking space in the garage in Carrboro. The space was much too small for his vehicle, and he ended up scraping the car next to him. he gave up and then sped off before I could take down his plate number. I am a short person who drives a Corolla, and when I am sandwiched between these behemoths in a parking lot, I simply cannot see to get out of the space until half my car is already pulled out of the space.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:43 AM

747 posts, read 839,672 times
Here in Wisconsin, it seems that anytime the roads get a bit slippery the majority of vehicles sliding in the ditch are the big SUV's and Silverados
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive