Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 12:33 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,771,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
If you pollute our air, you pay. That is not subsidizing EVs, that is discouraging polluters. I see logic is not your strong point.
As EVs use electricity to charge, then the electric company that uses anything but water or sun power to generate that electricity should be charging the EV drivers a pollution fee when they charge, and pay that fee to a government fund as a pollution tax.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:37 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
As EVs use electricity to charge, then the electric company that uses anything but water or sun power to generate that electricity should be charging the EV drivers a pollution fee when they charge, and pay that fee to a government fund as a pollution tax.
Singapore charges Tesla for pollution taxes..
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-tax-surcharge

Old 06-11-2018, 03:50 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,066,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Well we all know them for the deep horizon oil spill that ruined the gulf waters for the gulf states. Their gas stations all say bp here so bp is heavy into crude oil still.
The equipment that failed was provided by Haliburton, which is by the way to that BP is an energy company.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:50 AM

Quote:
The equipment that failed was provided by Haliburton, which is by the way to that BP is an energy company.
You’re awfully defensive of BP. Do you work there?
But like anything you read that makes you feel good, dig a little deeper than the marketing to get the real scoop... https://www.theguardian.com/environm...n-fossil-fuels

BP played you lol.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:55 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,425,323 times
Quote:
Well to us Americans BP stands for British Petroleum and the United States Federal government found BP guilty not Halliburton for the Gulf Oil spill and cleanup. Yoy can call BP any name you want they still are a big oil company with oil as their main source of revenue. So you can keep on preaching to your flock of followers over we’re you live, and stop spreading your BS on here.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Well to us Americans BP stands for British Petroleum and the United States Federal government found BP guilty not Halliburton for the Gulf Oil spill and cleanup. Yoy can call BP any name you want they still are a big oil company with oil as their main source of revenue. So you can keep on preaching to your flock of followers over we’re you live, and stop spreading your BS on here.
The Petroleum was dropped as they deal in any energy. So the British was dropped as well. It is now just BP no matter what you think it is. Obama did not mention Haiburton's equipment failing.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
You’re awfully defensive of BP. Do you work there?.
Each time I have asked you have refused to answer. Do you work in the oil industry in some way? No one can be that dumb.

"Much of the renewable energy research is now kept in a formal BP archive based at the Modern Records Centre, a part of the main library at Warwick University, which describes itself as “a history of the modern world”."

I doubt any other energy company has done so much research on renewables.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:22 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,003,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Push the EV vehicles all you want. Its like having a gas vehicle with a 5 gal. tank. The battery technology is not there yet. 200-300 miles (during summer months) on a charge with limited charging stations is not a selling point. As I said before, 1000 mile range and $25,000 vehicle, call me. Buying a new vehicle this month. Buying an EV in NOT even considered.
I'm ok with a 500 mile range (assuming it decreases in the winter/summer), but the infrastructure is not there to support charging.

What if I'm on the road and stopping for the night? Where am I supposed to charge if the hotel doesn't have a charger? What if they do have a charger? I have to come out and move my car after it finishes? Or I have to check every 30 min until someone else is finished?

What if I'm running low and all the chargers are taken? I wait in line for 3 hours (keep in mind, everyone else is on EV too) for my turn to charge? Can't go anywhere, don't know when the line is going to move.

What do apartment dwellers do? 150 units share the 4 chargers out front?

Old 06-11-2018, 07:55 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,295,494 times
Quote:
The Petroleum was dropped as they deal in any energy. So the British was dropped as well. It is now just BP no matter what you think it is. Obama did not mention Haiburton's equipment failing.
HAL's "equipment" didn't fail, as they did a cementing job. I don't doubt you know some things, but in this case, you're WAY out of your knowledge depth, and I'd quit while you're significantly behind. Oh, and BP is responsible for everything, as the Company Man has final say on everything on the rig.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Each time I have asked you have refused to answer. Do you work in the oil industry in some way? No one can be that dumb.

"Much of the renewable energy research is now kept in a formal BP archive based at the Modern Records Centre, a part of the main library at Warwick University, which describes itself as “a history of the modern world”."

I doubt any other energy company has done so much research on renewables.
Seems like we touched a nerve there with BP.
I didn’t ask you where BP keeps their renewable research. I posted a link from your own nation’s news agency showing BP would rather invest in huge profit margins from oil than renewable research. Those rigs out in the North Sea aren’t pumping out solar panels. Sure you might see a puff piece about them sticking a solar array on an orphanage in Haiti or something, but make no mistake, they will pump those wells until it’s no longer financially feasible to do so, and that will not be next year or the next 10 years because how capitalism works and that’s the world you actually live in. You can’t possibly be that naive.

Just calling me dumb or a stooge for the oil industry won’t change reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive