Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,429,272 times

Advertisements

Let's dig deeper into this vortex. This has nothing to do with obtaining college or advanced degrees, but I'm talking about the lack of initiative in wanting to be enlightened about your surroundings and the world that surrounds you. The virus of anti-intellectualism within most of Baltimore hoods' is quite sickening. That provincial mindset is antiquated, backwards and counter-productive in a global, information driven society and culture. Read some books, attend lectures, travel outside of your neighborhood...your children are watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 08:04 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,385,448 times
Again, what part of town do you live in? I only ask because my experience, neighbors, friends and peers are the exact opposite of what your threads describes. Not saying I doubt what your posting. Just curious where these backwards bumpkins are.

Course I currently live in B-more County but still have many friends within the city limits.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM

92 posts, read 173,646 times
How many times are you going to start different threads irrationally bashing Baltimore and its residents? It sounds like you're part of the problem here. Sure, the city has problems. I'm not denying that. But every time I read one of your posts infiniteheights77, I feel like I'm reading the words of an immature high schooler who has nothing better to do than be a troll and act as if everything about Baltimore is completely awful.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,299 times
Used to be a bar in east Baltimore; Odell's. The sign outside said, "you'll know if you belong". Are you certain you belong in Baltimore? I love that Baltimore is not "intellectual". As a matter of fact, it's what I like best. That and the availability of a neighborhood bar on just about every corner. I guess that doesn't qualify for being enlightened by my surroundings huh?

Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,531,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Again, what part of town do you live in? I only ask because my experience, neighbors, friends and peers are the exact opposite of what your threads describes. Not saying I doubt what your posting. Just curious where these backwards bumpkins are.

Course I currently live in B-more County but still have many friends within the city limits.
IDk know about all of Baltimore but most of the black people in the city have never been outside of Baltimore, not even to PG county or DC.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:03 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,521,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
IDk know about all of Baltimore but most of the black people in the city have never been outside of Baltimore, not even to PG county or DC.
That's a ludicrous assertion.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,385,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
I think its a socioeconomic thing. Mainly lower-income/poorer people that don't venture out much.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM

855 posts, read 1,173,566 times
Quote:
I think its a socioeconomic thing. Mainly lower-income/poorer people that don't venture out much.
I tend to agree--and it's not only black people, ANYBODY from a low-income background may not have ventured much farther than their street corner and that's not limited to Baltimore. No need to generalize blacks or black Baltimoreans only...

Old 05-07-2013, 01:40 PM

775 posts, read 1,785,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamPilot View Post
How many times are you going to start different threads irrationally bashing Baltimore and its residents? It sounds like you're part of the problem here. Sure, the city has problems. I'm not denying that. But every time I read one of your posts infiniteheights77, I feel like I'm reading the words of an immature high schooler who has nothing better to do than be a troll and act as if everything about Baltimore is completely awful.
I bet that guy is really Bawlmer! Ah Ha! Another screen name! jonjj was right!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,531,129 times
Quote:
Most poor blacks in DC have been to Baltimore though, even if its just the Inner Harbor. Morgan State is flooded with DC people. I will say that about a week or two ago I did see quite of few groups of black people that we're obviously from Baltimore in downtown DC. Not something I see everyday but its good to know that some people take advantage of MARC and the #B30 bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: