Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 06:11 PM

934 posts, read 1,063,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
I like the current playoff system better than the others they've had, but would replace the one-game Wild Card Playoff with a 3-game series. One game, all or nothing, seems far too drastic after a season like the Pirates'. It comes off as completely Made For Television in that this one game is so absolutely dire, and everyone wants to see the extreme high and extreme low of winning/losing the one game. It doesn't sufficiently reward a team for "making the playoffs" though. Cruel and unusual.
I agree with this. I really like the two Wild Card teams. But, a one game playoff in baseball is silly. Baseball is a sport of perseverance. Make it 3 games. The same length as a regular season series. That would be much more reasonable. I think MLB is mostly just concerned about the length of the postseason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 03:09 PM

Chase Utley is scum. That is all.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:13 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,428,277 times

Old 10-15-2015, 09:50 AM

You're such a troll, dude.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:01 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,457,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
You're such a troll, dude.
That's just his way of having fun, ignore him

Old 10-15-2015, 10:45 AM

7,021 posts, read 11,317,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
Heck, I say go one step further and add him to your ignore list if you see him as I do. I find the board much more enjoyable when I don't have to read his attention seeking posts.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
I know, it's fine. I'm just very high strung right now.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:23 PM

7,021 posts, read 11,317,487 times
Quote:
I know, it's fine. I'm just very high strung right now.
Bet you aren't now! That was some fine pitching and kudos to your manager for having the "audacity" to expect your closer to be able to get 6 outs.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Bet you aren't now! That was some fine pitching and kudos to your manager for having the "audacity" to expect your closer to be able to get 6 outs.
I am so proud of my team and of Terry Collins for sticking to his guns. I questioned many of his decisions throughout this game. I questioned him leaving in deGrom for as long as he did. But, our ace is gutsy as hell. He put on a clinic of how go out there and battle when you don't have your best stuff. I also questioned the 6 out save from Familia - I thought since Syndergaard pitched such a shut down 7th, he should have gone out there for the 8th and Familia should have pitched the 9th. But, apparently since Syndergaard had thrown so many warm up pitches and got up multiple times with deGrom battling, Terry didn't want to risk throwing him out there for two innings. And you can't argue with the results. This is the first time since I started following the Mets when I was a very young child that we truly have a shut down closer that I trust 100%. And it's a really great feeling.

NLCS, here we come!!! The Cubs are a good team and I know we are underdogs against them. But, we've been there before. This team has a ton of heart and I believe in them. No matter what happens in this next series, I am very proud of what this team has accomplished. At the beginning I said even just getting to the playoffs was great and everything else was gravy, but after the Chase Utley incident, I really didn't want to lose to the Dodgers. So, needless to say I am riding a huge high today.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:05 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,457,713 times
Quote:

NLCS, here we come!!! The Cubs are a good team and I know we are underdogs against them. But, we've been there before. This team has a ton of heart and I believe in them. No matter what happens in this next series, I am very proud of what this team has accomplished. At the beginning I said even just getting to the playoffs was great and everything else was gravy, but after the Chase Utley incident, I really didn't want to lose to the Dodgers. So, needless to say I am riding a huge high today.
Good on ya! I felt the saem when the O's made the playoffs.

I just hope you are OK if the Cubs go ahead; they've been waiting a loooong time. But in the end, its who wins, not who deserves....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore