Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,458,844 times

Advertisements

Well, the Indians will make for more interesting story lines that will be dug up for any of the NL potential opponents if they can dispose of Toronto:

Indians vs Cubs (two longest MLB teams since winning a Championship: 66 and 108 years respectively) the futility will end for one of them!

Indians vs Giants (last WS between them was infamous Mays catch of Wertz 460' shot to center field in old Polo Grounds and subsequent sweep in four plus the added Bay Area versus Cleveland recent NBA Finals. Would be funny to have the Giants even year WS string broken by the Indians.

Indians vs Nationals (would be funny to watch the "Indians' mascot issue be brought up in DC area by stupid activist types that show up at opening day etc... they can do a twofer and go to an NFL Redskins game too! As the NL home WS games are scheduled for Oct 28, 29, 30th and the Redskins host the Bengals on October 30th)

Indians vs Dodgers (the record setting 1920 Indians - Dodgers series would be recalled: first GS in WS, first Unassisted Triple Play in WS and one of few best of nine game World series played.

Indians vs Blue Jays should be very entertaining if they play as they did in regular season.

Begs the question on the game won by the Tyler Naquin 'inside the park homerun' to end game wouldn't that be called a "Run Off Win"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9cIk253cYI

If a World Series ended this way it would be the ultimate finish and a fitting ending to the Indians season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
What?

If they beat the Jays they are in the WS.
Good point. It isn't a WILL BE, it is they ARE in. I badly misunderstood. Anyways, they will play tomorrow night in Cleveland against Toronto in the ALCS. If they win the pennant, they are in. Again I just don't want them to play the Cubs in the World Series if they are in because the Cubs are too tough to beat.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Good point. It isn't a WILL BE, it is they ARE in. I badly misunderstood. Anyways, they will play tomorrow night in Cleveland against Toronto in the ALCS. If they win the pennant, they are in. Again I just don't want them to play the Cubs in the World Series if they are in because the Cubs are too tough to beat.

All teams are going to be tough to beat, you don't get this far if you are a crappy club. Sure, I'm sure the Indians would rather play the Dodgers or Nationals than the Cubs, but it's not like the Dodgers or Nationals are complete chumps either. Nationals are injured, but that's a team that finished with a better record and unlike most NL teams actually has a guy that can slot in at DH and actually IMPROVE the lineup and make it more deep. Most NL teams put in a reserve OF or IF that can barely hit their weight. The Nationals Clint Robinson is a power threat. Dodgers are a predominantly left-handed hitting team....and as far as I know, the Indians don't have any left-handed starters though they do have the best left-handed reliever in baseball.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
All teams are going to be tough to beat, you don't get this far if you are a crappy club. Sure, I'm sure the Indians would rather play the Dodgers or Nationals than the Cubs, but it's not like the Dodgers or Nationals are complete chumps either. Nationals are injured, but that's a team that finished with a better record and unlike most NL teams actually has a guy that can slot in at DH and actually IMPROVE the lineup and make it more deep. Most NL teams put in a reserve OF or IF that can barely hit their weight. The Nationals Clint Robinson is a power threat. Dodgers are a predominantly left-handed hitting team....and as far as I know, the Indians don't have any left-handed starters though they do have the best left-handed reliever in baseball.
If I were playing for the Indians, I would rather play either Los Angeles or Washington because the Cubs are the hardest team to play.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
If I were playing for the Indians, I would rather play either Los Angeles or Washington because the Cubs are the hardest team to play.

Be careful what you wish you. In 2014 I wanted to play the Giants over the Pirates and we all know how that ended up for the Nats.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Be careful what you wish you. In 2014 I wanted to play the Giants over the Pirates and we all know how that ended up for the Nats.
Yeah whatever I wish is what I get. We will see how the Indians do in the series against Toronto. And once they are in it if they make it I will see who they play.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:19 PM

So far it's 2-0 Cleveland.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:11 PM

Good start to the series for Cleveland with a 2-0 win.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:10 PM

Good game by the Cleveland. They hung on. If they can win two more games, they are in the World Series. I hope Cleveland wins their first World Series title since 1948.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:52 AM

Cleveland plays game 3 in Toronto tonight. They need to win at least two more games and they are in. A sweep of Toronto would be huge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball