Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 11:22 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times

Advertisements

Their defense is getting better but they really need another big, and/or a good wing defender.

Not sure what's up with splitter and James Anderson is a nice defender we are just getting back last night so he needs some time still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 12:00 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
How about that broadcast team for ESPN last night? Talk about terrible. Van Gundy and that other guy talked about everything under the sun except the Spurs or the game at hand. It was annoying to say the least. I switched to the local broadcast early in the first quarter. As far as national broadcast teams TNT brings the best to the table as far as I'm concerned. No question. Good win for the silver and black btw.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM

Well that spurs injury everyone has been wishing for is here. Parker is out 2-4 weeks with some odd bruise.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Well that spurs injury everyone has been wishing for is here. Parker is out 2-4 weeks with some odd bruise.
I would categorize it as a mild injury as injuries go and fully expect Tony to return to action in way fewer than four weeks. I would say he'll be back week after next or sooner. It's a shame he got injured before the big games this weekend with Miami and the LAL. Our chances are still very good that we take both those games anyway however given how Manu's been playing especially.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:08 PM

so far everything i have read, from pounding the rock, to 48minutes of hell, to project spurs to spurs nation and about 4-5 others all say it is a bit more then just a "mild injury" and 2-4 weeks is pretty realistic. now i can be optimistic and HOPE he comes back earlier but he isnt exactly known as a quick healer.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
I dont think he will be out 2-4 weeks on a bruise, will he?? Even if he is, Hill can bring bout 70-75% of what TP does, but with the way the Spurs are playing, they can afford a couple of losses and still be 1 seed.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:55 AM

the biggest issue i see with parker being out, neal is out with "concussive symptoms" so that leaves the PG/2guard spots thin. it means more minutes for quinn and that doesnt bode well.

there is some talk of corey brewer or rasul butler being signed off waivers. i would be happy with either one but i like butlers defense better.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:58 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
I heard Eva kicked him in the balls.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
so far everything i have read, from pounding the rock, to 48minutes of hell, to project spurs to spurs nation and about 4-5 others all say it is a bit more then just a "mild injury" and 2-4 weeks is pretty realistic. now i can be optimistic and HOPE he comes back earlier but he isnt exactly known as a quick healer.
22ish games left and a 5.5 game lead in the west so 1st seed is very close to being locked up already.

You don't need him back for anything but the playoffs so it's pretty moot.

Spurs can just coast into the playoffs now and they don't even have any pressure to try to go for 70 wins since thats realistically out of reach.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM

spurs need 3 more wins to clinch a playoff spot but can still lose the 1 seed. if they lose to the mavs in the next matchup, then the mav will hold the tiebreaker. they will split the series BUT it will in theory give the mavs the division wins which is the 1st tiebreaker after head to head. i need to check but i think they might even get the conf tiebreaker too. IF the mavs get the tiebreaker then that essentially shortens the spurs lead by 1 game.

spurs falling to the 2 seed isnt a pleasant thought. that would make them face the hornets (as of today) who we have lost twice to and who have given us problems in the past. then in the 2nd round they would face the lakers, another tough series, then finals vs potentially the mavs but OKC has a real chance.

for all the movement to the east, the top 4 seeds in the west are still much tougher outs then the east. really i think boston got weaker, the heat MIGHT have gotten a LITTLE stronger with bibby, chicago isnt any different with butler, and orlando is, well orlando.... you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball