Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times

Advertisements

Ok now my finger is on the panic button, and ima smash the hell out the Bit%h!!
Injuries coming in a span of 2 weeks to the big 3. Well, ok all teams have them, but how will the Spurs get it done without them.

Even if they lose out the number 1 seed, its not the end of the world. As they stand right now, the Spurs will host the Grizzles, who play the Spurs well. If they drop to 2nd seed, then the Hornets are in town. So all in all its not the end of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
no need to hit the panic button, pop sat 4 starters last night and our reserves where up by 8 with 5 minutes left. pop is obviously more concerned with health over seed. he knows a fully healthy spurs team is a nasty force to face for anyone.

the way i see the play off seeding falling,

1)spurs
2)lakers
3)mavs
4)okc
5)denver
6)portland
7)memphis
8)hornets

this is also the best case scenario for spurs and nearly worst case for lakers. spurs get the hornets with no david west, while still a tough team they are the easiest of all playoff hopefuls. spurs win that series in 5 tops. then they likely face the thunder who they will likely beat in 6.

the lakers will face a tough memphis griz, then dallas, then spurs on the road. the only thing tougher would be if they fell to 3 (not likely) and had to be on the road for dallas.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 AM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Panic? I wouldn't.

The Spurs still have a nice lead with not many games left to play.

They are ACTUALLY COASTING unlike the claims of coasting made as excuses for the Celtics and Knics.

Healthiest team wins the west...the Lakers are looking healthy again, it's going to be interesting.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Panic? I wouldn't.

They are ACTUALLY COASTING unlike the claims of coasting made as excuses for the Celtics and Knics.

Healthiest team wins the west...the Lakers are looking healthy again, it's going to be interesting.
i was watching rc buford being interviewed about tims ankle, and he said tim could have already been playing. pop is resting him and using the ankle as an excuse. tony is fine, mcdyess has some bumps and bruises but nothing bad, manus leg is IMO the most serious injury on the team, well that and bonners shooting!

a little spurs trivia, matt bonner shot over 54% from 3 in february, and he is shooting a little under 35% in march....... why? because the playoffs are almost here and he is getting into playoff shape! damn that guy fades come playoff time! its like from one night to the next he just cant shoot. good thin neal is still hitting and we have another clumbsy white guy who is now shooting nearly 55% from 3 (19 of 35)

Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 AM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i was watching rc buford being interviewed about tims ankle, and he said tim could have already been playing. pop is resting him and using the ankle as an excuse. tony is fine, mcdyess has some bumps and bruises but nothing bad, manus leg is IMO the most serious injury on the team, well that and bonners shooting!

a little spurs trivia, matt bonner shot over 54% from 3 in february, and he is shooting a little under 35% in march....... why? because the playoffs are almost here and he is getting into playoff shape! damn that guy fades come playoff time! its like from one night to the next he just cant shoot. good thin neal is still hitting and we have another clumbsy white guy who is now shooting nearly 55% from 3 (19 of 35)
A big part of that is probably the line-up changes in March.

It's amazing how some of the *shooters* start to go cold when they aren't shooting wide-open due to double teams.

You can call this the "Shaq effect" because he made a bunch of people look really good as they stood around the arc shooting 3's without a hand in their face.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:15 AM

I don't think it is the case with bonner, he is just missing wide open shot. Shots that Novak is making, and while from a different position, Neal is too

Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I'm not sure 4 games with 9 to go is that cushy a position. The Lakers are balling right now, it wouldn't surprise me if they won 8 of their next 9, which puts the pressure on the Spurs. Now do I think the Lakers will catch up? No, but it does make for an exciting finish to the season...

Old 04-01-2011, 06:40 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Wow, Spurs have lost 5 in a low, Lakers won 8 in a row and 2.5 games behind with 8 games left. And Duncan is back......

Old 04-01-2011, 02:23 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
no need to hit the panic button, pop sat 4 starters last night and our reserves where up by 8 with 5 minutes left. pop is obviously more concerned with health over seed. he knows a fully healthy spurs team is a nasty force to face for anyone.

the way i see the play off seeding falling,

1)spurs
2)lakers
3)mavs
4)okc
5)denver
6)portland
7)memphis
8)hornets

this is also the best case scenario for spurs and nearly worst case for lakers. spurs get the hornets with no david west, while still a tough team they are the easiest of all playoff hopefuls. spurs win that series in 5 tops. then they likely face the thunder who they will likely beat in 6.

the lakers will face a tough memphis griz, then dallas, then spurs on the road. the only thing tougher would be if they fell to 3 (not likely) and had to be on the road for dallas.
Memphis would be a pain for LA. But a second round match up with Dallas would strongly favor LA. However, the worst thing about this scenario above (if it played out this way) is a Spurs/Thunder second round match up. Watching the Spurs play, they seem to lack size up front. A combo of Perkins, Ibaka, and Mohammed would be problematic for the San Antonio. Plus, there is always Westbrook and Durant to deal with. OKC is the team all of the higher seeds want to avoid.

I don't think the Lakers will catch the Spurs. They still have a couple of challenging games coming up. The have OKC at home and they have a road game in Portland. Plus, they still have a head to head with San Antonio. Unless the Spurs lose two the three more games LA won't catch them. And I just don't see the Spurs losing many more games. The game against LA if 50/50. But they should run the table on the rest of their schedule.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Memphis would be a pain for LA. But a second round match up with Dallas would strongly favor LA. However, the worst thing about this scenario above (if it played out this way) is a Spurs/Thunder second round match up. Watching the Spurs play, they seem to lack size up front. A combo of Perkins, Ibaka, and Mohammed would be problematic for the San Antonio. Plus, there is always Westbrook and Durant to deal with. OKC is the team all of the higher seeds want to avoid.

I don't think the Lakers will catch the Spurs. They still have a couple of challenging games coming up. The have OKC at home and they have a road game in Portland. Plus, they still have a head to head with San Antonio. Unless the Spurs lose two the three more games LA won't catch them. And I just don't see the Spurs losing many more games. The game against LA if 50/50. But they should run the table on the rest of their schedule.
i agree with this mostly.

i dont think the thunder is as big a nightmare as so many people make them out to be. NOT YET. they will be but i dont think they are ready. they have yet to prove anything other then they took the lakers to what 6 games last year? they remind me of trevor ariza, sold the world on one playoff series.

i dont think perkins fits them, he isnt as fast as the others. sir chewbacca is a perfect fit for them, and nazr is just there for the fouls. their system will change next season to fit perkins in better. perkins IMO isnt much better then mcdyess. he is a better defender, but dice can shoot better, and isnt that much behind him on defense.

i dont know, the thunder just dont scare me. memphis is the only team outside of LA that bothers me with the spurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball