Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

Both East and West is gonna be a war! It appears the Heat/Bulls matchup in the 2nd round is gonna be really interesting. Even the Celts/Magic series in the 2nd round will be tough. The ECF will be very exciting.

The Lakers/Mavs will most likely meet in the 2nd round. That will be a tough fought series with both teams having size. The Thunder/Spurs 2nd round matchup will also be a tough series with Perkins anchoring the Thunder defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Both East and West is gonna be a war! It appears the Heat/Bulls matchup in the 2nd round is gonna be really interesting. Even the Celts/Magic series in the 2nd round will be tough. The ECF will be very exciting.

The Lakers/Mavs will most likely meet in the 2nd round. That will be a tough fought series with both teams having size. The Thunder/Spurs 2nd round matchup will also be a tough series with Perkins anchoring the Thunder defense.
The Bulls swept the Heat 4-0 this year and as long as Boston is healthy I suspect the Bulls and Boston will reach the ECF with room to spare. The Bulls just have too much depth and size....the Heat had a lot of problems getting 2nd shots and preventing offensive rebounds.

The Lakers-Mavs match-up is indeed interesting. This is huge for the Spurs since the teams drop off after that and they should be able to be a bit more rested for the WCF.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Bulls swept the Heat 4-0 this year
We've seen this kind of thing happen before, that doesn't always result in the same thing happening come playoff time. Case in point, the Cavs in 2007 swept the season series with the Spurs, only to get reverse-swept in the finals. Which is to say, Chicago could very well meet( and beat) the Heat if they met in the playoffs, just not sure I want to put alot of stock in regular season encounters. So much changes come play-off time. Having said that, I can't make much of an argument in favor of the Heat right now, difficult to say how they're going to respond to the recent losing.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:35 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
We've seen this kind of thing happen before, that doesn't always result in the same thing happening come playoff time. Case in point, the Cavs in 2007 swept the season series with the Spurs, only to get reverse-swept in the finals. Which is to say, Chicago could very well meet( and beat) the Heat if they met in the playoffs, just not sure I want to put alot of stock in regular season encounters. So much changes come play-off time. Having said that, I can't make much of an argument in favor of the Heat right now, difficult to say how they're going to respond to the recent losing.
It can go both ways. Golden State swept the season series with Dallas and then beat them in the playoffs.

Does the Heat have enough depth to win a 7 game series right now? I am not so sure.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
It can go both ways. Golden State swept the season series with Dallas and then beat them in the playoffs.

Does the Heat have enough depth to win a 7 game series right now? I am not so sure.
Yes it certainly can go both ways. Hence why I said it doesn't 'always' result in the same thing come playoff time, but it very well could be a foreshadowing of things to come. It's just hard to put too much stock in regular season encounters sometimes. I don't think chicago sweeping the Heat in the regular season means they'd sweep them in the playoffs. But could they beat them in a 7 game series,period? Absolutely. Chicago is getting better as the season goes and the Heat are going in the opposite direction.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
i have said from day one that next year is the year the heat start to show something. think about it, they sorta ran out of money this year, and avoiding a lockout or much change to the CBA, they will have a biannual exception and a midlevel exception to work with to sign a bit more of a decent interior player. dampier is a decent back up, but not a starter anymore. haywood i believe is a freeagent i would not be surprised to see him go there for cheap.

now back to the spurs
the loss was just that, a single regular season loss to a team who played completely out of their heads. the lakers dont have near perfect shooting nights, and obviously bynum isnt collecting 17 boards and 6 blocks per game. if he was he would be ahead of howard by far on the centers list.

while the spurs might not win it all, they very well could and that is why they play the games.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yes it certainly can go both ways. Hence why I said it doesn't 'always' result in the same thing come playoff time, but it very well could be a foreshadowing of things to come. It's just hard to put too much stock in regular season encounters sometimes. I don't think chicago sweeping the Heat in the regular season means they'd sweep them in the playoffs. But could they beat them in a 7 game series,period? Absolutely. Chicago is getting better as the season goes and the Heat are going in the opposite direction.
My bad, I misread your post.

I agree that Chicago has been improving as the season goes on. The Bulls have dealt pretty well with injuries and now with their players healthy they will probably do even better

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Both East and West is gonna be a war!

The Lakers are gonna walk to the finals... mark it down!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 AM

well tim duncan sat out his 1st game last night and this from the recap.

Quote:
Announcing that Tim Duncan would miss his first game all season, the San Antonio Spurs listed him on a pregame injury report as "trop vieux" -- French for "too old."
LMAO thats classic pop right there!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:50 AM

so tim went down with a sprain last night. terrible news or blessing in disguise? i say the latter. he will have about 2 weeks to recover, and with 12 games up 7 on everyone else it would take a monumental collapse to lose the 1 seed. duncan will be plenty rested and ready to go come playoff time. this is very similar to how the 2005 season ended up only he missed much more time. the other bright spot, splitter is going to get the much needed playing time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball