Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 06:19 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Why do people hate the Spurs? I don't get that....
look at where he is from. he is from FT WORTH, he is surely a mavericks fan. and in this case the feeling is mutual, not a single team i hate more then the mavs.

on to the spurs, man this series is getting ugly by the second. its about time to say good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
look at where he is from. he is from FT WORTH, he is surely a mavericks fan. and in this case the feeling is mutual, not a single team i hate more then the mavs.

on to the spurs, man this series is getting ugly by the second. its about time to say good night.
I'M from Fort Worth and I've been cheering for the Spurs since I was little.

I don't hate the Mavs or anything. I've just been more of a Spurs fan. Besides, Fort Worth doesn't have it's own team (...yet) so we don't really have to be Mavs fans.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM

Generally speaking people who hate the spurs and are from the metroplex are mavs fans. I have family all over that area, Arlington, frisco, ft worth, weatherford, burleson, cedar hill, all over and 90% of them and everyone else I know up there are cowboys, stars, rangers and mavs fans. It's a fairly safe bet.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
I have to agree with this. They are arguably one of the classiest franchise in sports.
I can understand rooting against them in favor of the underdog or if they are a threat to your teams playoff chances....but to really hate the Spurs is a surprise to me.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
JJG

Quote:
Generally speaking people who hate the spurs and are from the metroplex are mavs fans. I have family all over that area, Arlington, frisco, ft worth, weatherford, burleson, cedar hill, all over and 90% of them and everyone else I know up there are cowboys, stars, rangers and mavs fans. It's a fairly safe bet.
.... yeah it is a safe bet. But not ALL people from the DFW area are big time Mavs fans.

Especially considering all the transplants we have.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 PM

A lot of people say the lakers are the most hated team I say it's the spurs. I mean look at this board, there are a ton of spurs hate threads and posts, I don't see any "the hornets shocked the lakers" threads.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
JJG

Quote:
A lot of people say the lakers are the most hated team I say it's the spurs. I mean look at this board, there are a ton of spurs hate threads and posts, I don't see any "the hornets shocked the lakers" threads.
That's partially because this is a media driven society and the media is telling you more of the Lakers going all the way and less of the Spurs going all the way.

Also, being down 3-1 doesn't help.

But really, there are very, VERY few reasons why people hate the Spurs. And the main thing they come up with is that lame ass "they're borring" excuse.

Don't get it.

- The Spurs DON'T have some premadona that makes a TV special that basically gives a big f*** you to an entire city by telling them you're leaving.

- The coach isn't some fat, loudmouth who treats players like idiots.

- The Spurs DON'T have an billionare owner/fan who grabs more attention in the spotlight than his players.

- The Spurs DON'T have any selfish players on the court who blame others for a loss or a distraction in the locker room, begging for a bigger paycheck.

- The worst and dumbest thing any one of the current players have done was Tony cheating on friggin' Eva Longoria, and this was an off-court issue that had nothing to do with the team, not nearly as big a deal as being accused of rape.....

- They're in a small market and had probably the best run for ANY small market franchise other than the Packers, for Christ sake.

.... and because of all this, they're hated? WTF?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
That's partially because this is a media driven society and the media is telling you more of the Lakers going all the way and less of the Spurs going all the way.

Also, being down 3-1 doesn't help.

the thing is all the hate started well before the 3-1. hell from the "spurs look like frauds" to the "griz upset the spurs" to who knows how many others. the closest thing to a lakers hate thread was the "what do the lakers need" thread that got shut down. all of your points about the spurs are spot on.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Ah, I don't hate them. Envy is probably the more appropriate term. They have good fans, and won their championships legitimately. They have had good teams over the years. I'll rephrase...

I hope the Spurs don't win a championship this year.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
Go Lakers Go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball