Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Let us say that after the Colts wild card loss, someone that was supposed to be one of your own was talking about how no one Indianapolis thought the Colts had a chance and no one Indianapolis really was interested anyway, and Colts fans that thought the Colts would win the game were delusional. I am guessing your reaction would not be favorable. Get it now?
Not really. The seeding for NFL playoffs works differently, so it's not really the same thing. But whatever. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 PM

207 posts, read 353,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The typical margin of victory during the regular season for a top level NBA team is 6-7pts.

The average margin so far this series is 5. It would be 6 if TJ Ford hadn't landed the 3/4 court shot in game 2.

So basically, the margin of victory is actually close to what one might reasonably predict going into the series.

I guess what I'm saying is that some wildly enthusiastic, trolling or just noobish NBA fans got carried away with predictions of the Bulls winning every night by 10-20pts. That these crazy predictions didn't come true I don't think we can use as validation.

I'm impressed at how hard the Pacers fought, not really the result which is generally in-line with reasonable expectations.
I was expecting a little more from the bulls especially since they were going against a team who only compiled a 37-45 record during the regular season. I'm not totally sold on the bulls, especially with this subpar performance in the first round. A better test will be down the road as they advance in the playoffs. But you gotta give credit where credit is due, and the Pacers did a great job being in every game with a chance to win it. The victory of margin may be 6 or 7 as you have stated, but its not usual for a number one seed to destroy a number 8 seed. Sure there are exceptions, even upsets. Golden State vs Dallas comes to mind. Your point is well taken though, as this is the NBA and match ups should be competitive.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I turned the game on and at the beginning the crowd was not pumped and they were no help to the Pacers at all. Game 3 the crowd is supposed to be hype and making it feel like a Pascers home game but they were just sitting there like they knew the Pacers ould lose. And I turned the game off because the Crowd turned me off. You would never see that in Portlandor Oklahoma city
OKC fans haven't been all that great during the playoffs however I agree with Portland, those fans are brutal.

I hope the Nuggets fans go all out for them tomorrow. Despite them more than likely loosing this series, they still have accomplished a lot and exceeded everyone's expectations. Top 5 seed, and basically a better record after trading Melo. So overall they've done well but OKC is the team that has their number.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
OKC fans haven't been all that great during the playoffs however I agree with Portland, those fans are brutal.

I hope the Nuggets fans go all out for them tomorrow. Despite them more than likely loosing this series, they still have accomplished a lot and exceeded everyone's expectations. Top 5 seed, and basically a better record after trading Melo. So overall they've done well but OKC is the team that has their number.
Oklahoma City has the best Fans in the league

Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 PM
FBJ

Knicks have no interest in playing defense or rebounding which is why they are down 0-3

Old 04-22-2011, 08:50 PM

78,422 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
I was expecting a little more from the bulls especially since they were going against a team who only compiled a 37-45 record during the regular season. I'm not totally sold on the bulls, especially with this subpar performance in the first round. A better test will be down the road as they advance in the playoffs. But you gotta give credit where credit is due, and the Pacers did a great job being in every game with a chance to win it. The victory of margin may be 6 or 7 as you have stated, but its not usual for a number one seed to destroy a number 8 seed. Sure there are exceptions, even upsets. Golden State vs Dallas comes to mind. Your point is well taken though, as this is the NBA and match ups should be competitive.
Um the series is 3-0.

Why don't you tell me what the margin of victory is for the Spurs and Lakers vs. their first round opponets?

Why don't you pull up past statistics?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:54 PM
FBJ

The Magic maybe in trouble to the hawks and fall down 2-1. Hawks vs Bulls in Round 2????

Old 04-22-2011, 09:00 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
ok so the hawks are now 2-1 over the magic, as i said i would not be surprised if the hawks win that series. it is/was my upset pick of the 1st round. i dont like the way the magic are built after their trades, and i expect SVG to be gone after the playoffs. he COULD end up coaching in houston.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ok so the hawks are now 2-1 over the magic, as i said i would not be surprised if the hawks win that series. it is/was my upset pick of the 1st round. i dont like the way the magic are built after their trades, and i expect SVG to be gone after the playoffs. he COULD end up coaching in houston.

I don;t want to see Hawks and bulls

Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Blah, blah, blah...the Chicago Bulls this and that.

Blah, blah, blah...Derrick Rose is the best player in the world....mvp.

The Lakers can beat them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball