Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I don't expect you to necessarily agree with that assessment. I'm looking at this strictly from an objective stance. My only point to you in all this is, don't judge the playoffs by what happens in the regular season. The Heat have the two of the 3 best players in Basketball on their side...as much as its become popular to dismiss Lebron James nowadays, he is still a matchup nightmare and as much as you talk about no answers, the Bulls really have no answer for him either. Wade and Rose will be a good matchup... do the Bulls have an edge inside? That's a given, but really it comes down to who's going to bring their A-game every night over the course of the series. The Bulls defense keeps them in every game, even if they aren't clicking offensively. But the Heat, to repeat myself, are no slouches in that department either. Frankly I really hope these teams do meet so we can dispense with the analyzing, and just watch how things play out.
You are right 3-0 not 4-0 and to JL's point they were close games.

I just think that there is a matchup issue as well as a CLEAR depth issue.

Yes, obviously Lebron and Wade are huge huge talents, but the Bulls overall have the better team IMO. Yes, let's wait for the playoffs but you cannot just brush aside the fact that the Heat have gotten beat down by good teams all season and the Bulls haven't. That's just wishful thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bulls will lose by 17 or more in Game 3

Bulls will lose by 5 or less in Game 4

You heard it from me first
I will bet you a full week of not posting here that the the Bulls win at least 1 of those games. Deal?

Or, we can bet that the pacers win both OR the bulls win both with a 1 week timeout for the loser?

Or something else? Make me an offer.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
I' m not going to comment on the Knicks loss tonight since they was without Billups and Stoudmire

Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 PM

207 posts, read 353,948 times
Even without Stoudimire and Billups the Knicks put a scare on the Celtics. Now the series shifts over to New York. Despite being down 0-2 in the series you would think that the Knicks are feeling pretty good, knowing that they can compete against the defending eastern conference champions with the next two in NY. I imagine the Celtics will try to make a statement and try to win at least one in NY. I'm enjoying this series!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
It's gonna be Bulls vs. Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals....Yeah Bulls have the best record, the MVP, and beat the Heat each time in the regular season, but they also played under the radar until the last part of the season which really helped add to their overall win total...

Now the Heat lost to top tier teams up until that 5 game skid and since that point I think they've figured things out and are a different team now...I'm predicting the Heat to win this series (if my prediction comes true) 4 games to 2....

The Bulls have the easiest road to the Eastern Conference finals while Heat will be tested next round and Philly is underrated as well..Bulls are playing a scrappy Indiana team 8th seeded and the next round if they move on should be easy for them, The Heat will have a tough series next round regardless of who wins in Boston or NY.....So Heat will be ready for Chicago because all season long the Heat have had teams giving them their best each night while Chicago just had a normal season without the spotlight on them night in and night out...

I don't get why people still beleive the Heat can't beat the better teams after they beat Boston, The Lakers, Spurs, Magic, Oklahoma City ect...but I'm glad they still beleive that the Heat are still the same kind of team as earlier this season because it shows that they haven't watched the Heat learn and go through these struggles and overcome them to be the team they are at the moment....

Old 04-20-2011, 04:03 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Yes, obviously Lebron and Wade are huge huge talents, but the Bulls overall have the better team IMO. Yes, let's wait for the playoffs but you cannot just brush aside the fact that the Heat have gotten beat down by good teams all season and the Bulls haven't. That's just wishful thinking.
I haven't argued that Bulls don't have the better team. But yeah, to some degree I can brush aside that the Heat have gotten beaten by good teams during the season. Would you compare how the Heat played against Boston at the start to how they played them last game( which was a Heat blowout)? No, things change over the course of the season. Have they beaten the Bulls ,not yet, but it's not like they haven't beaten anyone of note. They've beaten Boston, they're 2-0 against LA, they've beaten San Antonio. they've beaten Orlando. It's not like all of their wins have been against the T'wolves.

The Heat have spent much of this season tinkering lineups and learning how to play with each other, but their offense has much improved of late, Bosh has found his niche.... all these things weren't prevalent when the Heat were playing the Bulls earlier this year. But to repeat myself, I'd really rather wait till they play each other because the same points are being made here over and over, and I'm a bit weary of it. We'll agree to disagree on the matter.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I will bet you a full week of not posting here that the the Bulls win at least 1 of those games. Deal?

Or, we can bet that the pacers win both OR the bulls win both with a 1 week timeout for the loser?

Or something else? Make me an offer.
Seems when the time comes to put his money where his mouth is, he crumbles faster than the Indiana Pacers did in game 1.

I would be willing to take the bet, only because if the Pacers are swept, I won't want to talk playoffs for at least a week or two.

But I won't. I just hope the folks in my section of Conseco Fieldhouse didn't sell all their tickets to Bull fans on eBay. That would p*** me off more than the Pacers getting swept.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Pacers, Blazers, Knicks let 2 games each slip away....damn...

Some great games!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Chicago
Indiana
------------------Chicago
------------------Orlando
Orlando
Atlanta
----------------------------------Miami
----------------------------------Orlando
Boston
New York
------------------Miami
------------------Boston
Miami
Philadelphia
-------------------------------------------------Miami
-------------------------------------------------Dallas
San Antonio
Memphis
------------------San Antonio
------------------Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City
Denver
----------------------------------Dallas
----------------------------------Oklahoma City
Dallas
Portland
------------------Los Angeles
------------------Dallas
Los Angeles
New Orleans

Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
I have a feeling N.O. is going to be up 2-0 after tonight's game with the Lakers....it's just the first quarter, but seems to me this game is going to go the same way as game one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball