Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 03:22 PM

795 posts, read 1,269,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
IMO, LeBron should try to sign with another team besides Miami. Ironically, a great fit for him would be San Antonio, an unselfish team that would maximize LeBron's talents and vice-versa. A Spurs team with LeBron on it (and with Kawhi Leonard playing Scottie Pippen to LeBron's Michael Jordan) would probably be better than 72-10 in the regular season.
Funny, I thought that as well...

Could you imagine? My goodness, that would be ugly.

But I have LeBron going to the Lakers!

Just kidding... I see him staying with Miami and them rebuilding the team around him. Wade will stay and retire there as well.

Bosh? I think he might move on and be an excellent player someplace else. Ray? Retirement will be nice for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,382,319 times
next year, Wade is 33, bosh is inconsistent, no PG, No center, No bench, No coach, lebron seriously need to rethink everything.

Even if carmelo joins, he is not a good defender and he shoots 45%. they need a center badly.

in the end defense and teamwork wins games. Lebron shot 60% from the field with monster stats and it didnt mean anything in these finals.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:34 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
next year, Wade is 33, bosh is inconsistent, no PG, No center, No bench, No coach, lebron seriously need to rethink everything.

Even if carmelo joins, he is not a good defender and he shoots 45%. they need a center badly.

in the end defense and teamwork wins games. Lebron shot 60% from the field with monster stats and it didnt mean anything in these finals.
Yeah, Lebron was a beast....this finals loss wasn't because of any short comings on his part.

I kept seeing Wade do things that frankly are just not him this series. Posting Danny Green and getting stripped, missing lay-ups but in particular the old "ball hawk" that would steal a few passes a game and go coast to coast was just not there.

Birdman, Allen, Wade all looked old and slow compared to the Spurs players.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:43 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,010,048 times
It would be interesting if LeBron left Miami and went back to Cleveland. I think most Cleveland fans would welcome him back with open arms.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:57 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,382,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It would be interesting if LeBron left Miami and went back to Cleveland. I think most Cleveland fans would welcome him back with open arms.

would you go back to a place of employment where your boss cursed you? i dont believe the cavs will be anywhere near championship basketball with lebron, kyrie, and embiid/parker/wiggins.

Lebron has quite some thinking to do as the big 2.5 in south beach just became a big 2 since wade is not "flash" anymore. I dont see the "fall down 7, stand up 8" in him anymore and it shows in every aspect of his game. Wade is declining like Tmac in his early 30's and its time to move on.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:42 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
Well, Riley came out guns-blazing to the media yesterday, but as of now it's all hot air. The players' performances speak for themselves, and the current contracts don't allow for the kind of "retooling" which will remake them into a champion.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:44 AM

864 posts, read 800,363 times
Miami does need to retool as Riley said. Get a center and move Bosh to PF to toughen up the front court. Wade may need to come off the bench, he doesn't have the knees anymore. No need for Melo, he's not going to help them.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,098,720 times
What exactly are the heat going to
Use to "retool"?
They are commuted to 68milif nobody opts out. And only 8.5 of that isn't the "big 3."

4.6 going to haslem which is toooo damnnnnn muchhh.

Big slick is praying they all opt out so he can try to get them to resign for less.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:35 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
What exactly are the heat going to
Use to "retool"?
They are commuted to 68milif nobody opts out. And only 8.5 of that isn't the "big 3."

4.6 going to haslem which is toooo damnnnnn muchhh.

Big slick is praying they all opt out so he can try to get them to resign for less.
Could they have Wade opt out and then give him something like a 5yr. 40mil thus freeing cap now for future payments. (aka The Alan Houston contract )

The other thing is that you can always go over the cap for certain things and one of them is the veterans minimum. Could they bring a couple guys in kinda like they did with Ray Allen to take a crack at a ring?

Who would be out there?

They can't play Ray Allen over 30 minutes a game and expect him to be effective. Ginobli is 3 years younger and he's playing about 4-5min a game less. I mean for crying out loud try to get a Paddy Mills or three....he only cost the Spurs about 1mil.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:03 PM

6,511 posts, read 7,547,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I mean for crying out loud try to get a Paddy Mills or three....he only cost the Spurs about 1mil.
Damn foreigners taking American jobs for less money. We need to tighten our immigration laws.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball