Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:11 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

thats funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,380,899 times
I believe so many people dont like lebron because he left for another team. Jordan (6 rings), kobe (5 rings), duncan(5), Dirk (1) has so much respect because they stayed with their team.

for lebron to come to miami to create a powerhouse, and now wades wheels are falling off, if he goes to another team it just makes his legacy/rings worth less. Lebron technically has 1 ring, Ray allen saved his legacy last year with that 3 and everyone knows it.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:25 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Just as I predicted, Lebron appears to be headed out of town.

Doesn't mean for sure 100% he's gone, but still.

Lebron is the kind of guy that wants to considered among the top 5 greatest to ever play the game. And that will take more than 2 rings.

Wade is a shadow of himself. Bosh no longer a reliable option either. Lebron sees the writing on the wall and he wants more rings.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just as I predicted, Lebron appears to be headed out of town.

Doesn't mean for sure 100% he's gone, but still.

Lebron is the kind of guy that wants to considered among the top 5 greatest to ever play the game. And that will take more than 2 rings.

Wade is a shadow of himself. Bosh no longer a reliable option either. Lebron sees the writing on the wall and he wants more rings.

and allen is slowing down on defense. haslam is too small. birdman is not the blocking machine he once was. Lewis is also done.

lebron is the only solid guy in miami. bosh was an allstar but was never a superstar.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
while a top 5/top10/top15 list is very subjective, lebron isnt exactly the only top player to not have a ton of rings.
i mean the big O has but a single mvp, and a single ring. he is very often put in the top tier of players.
wilts only got 2 rings. (thanks a lot bill russell!)
larry bird with only 3.

heres a nice list of all the players with more rings than lebron.
NBA Championships: Players With Most Championship Rings.

while rings are a great measuring stick of a team, and a player, they are not the end all be all of a players legacy.
i mean how many do malone and stockton have? or glide, or even hakeem, charles barkley? i mean those are all some of the greatest players in history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Grea...in_NBA_History

Old 06-24-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
while a top 5/top10/top15 list is very subjective, lebron isnt exactly the only top player to not have a ton of rings.
i mean the big O has but a single mvp, and a single ring. he is very often put in the top tier of players.
wilts only got 2 rings. (thanks a lot bill russell!)
larry bird with only 3.

heres a nice list of all the players with more rings than lebron.
NBA Championships: Players With Most Championship Rings.

while rings are a great measuring stick of a team, and a player, they are not the end all be all of a players legacy.
i mean how many do malone and stockton have? or glide, or even hakeem, charles barkley? i mean those are all some of the greatest players in history.
50 Greatest Players in NBA History - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i know. technically adam morrison has more rings than malone and stockton combined, and he done it in a few years compared to over 35 years between stock and malone. it doesnt make adam morrison a legend but still.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
i know. technically adam morrison has more rings than malone and stockton combined, and he done it in a few years compared to over 35 years between stock and malone. it doesnt make adam morrison a legend but still.
Lets just hope LeBron doesn't team up with Carmelo Anthony because that would be lame.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 PM

462 posts, read 427,533 times
These last two pages are filled with wrong.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:46 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
In that spirit,

Lebron goes back to Cleveland.

Carmelo goes to Greece.

Ahhh, what a perfect world that would be.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:46 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
In that spirit,

Lebron goes back to Cleveland.

Carmelo goes to Greece.

Ahhh, what a perfect world that would be.
Just out of curiosity, why would you want Carmelo to play in Greece?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball