Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:55 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,960,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would you want Carmelo to play in Greece?
Check my location, and there is your answer.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 PM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
while a top 5/top10/top15 list is very subjective, lebron isnt exactly the only top player to not have a ton of rings.
i mean the big O has but a single mvp, and a single ring. he is very often put in the top tier of players.
wilts only got 2 rings. (thanks a lot bill russell!)
larry bird with only 3.

heres a nice list of all the players with more rings than lebron.
NBA Championships: Players With Most Championship Rings.

while rings are a great measuring stick of a team, and a player, they are not the end all be all of a players legacy.
i mean how many do malone and stockton have? or glide, or even hakeem, charles barkley? i mean those are all some of the greatest players in history.
50 Greatest Players in NBA History - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wilts rings vs. Russell are IMO misleading.

Wilt fudging ABUSED Russell if you look at the stats but didn't have the supporting cast.

I posted their heads up stats in a post in the last year and was STUNNED by the beat down.

It enforced in me the "championships" fallacy as well as championship-amnesia like what surround Horry....the guy that single handedly lost LA another ring.

Horry hits shots? He's big shot bob.
Horry shoots 0 of 18 from 3pt range in the 2003 playoffs vs. the spurs? Ignored.
He shot 11 of 42 the series overall. Wooooo...big shot bob.
Well, at least he managed to shoot 4 of 7 free throws in 6 games. lmfao.

Way. to. go. bob. /golfclap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 10:08 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,011,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Check my location, and there is your answer.
A nuggets fan. Now I see why you don't like him. lol.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,960,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
A nuggets fan. Now I see why you don't like him. lol.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:51 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wilts rings vs. Russell are IMO misleading.

Wilt fudging ABUSED Russell if you look at the stats but didn't have the supporting cast.

I posted their heads up stats in a post in the last year and was STUNNED by the beat down.

It enforced in me the "championships" fallacy as well as championship-amnesia like what surround Horry....the guy that single handedly lost LA another ring.

Horry hits shots? He's big shot bob.
Horry shoots 0 of 18 from 3pt range in the 2003 playoffs vs. the spurs? Ignored.
He shot 11 of 42 the series overall. Wooooo...big shot bob.
Well, at least he managed to shoot 4 of 7 free throws in 6 games. lmfao.

Way. to. go. bob. /golfclap
Thing is, everyone loves a winner.
Winning can heal all! You don't remember Horrys misses, only the "big shots", you don't remember the wilt beat downs, only that Russell won the rings, (trying to forget wilt in Conan) you don't remember the Kobe rape case only that he played out of his head every game after court.

Winning excuses all.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,117,381 times

Old 06-25-2014, 09:26 AM

864 posts, read 800,486 times
Funny thing is, if Spurs management had a chance to do a straight up Duncan for Lebron trade, Spurs management would be all over it, and Spurs fans would be drooling in joy at the thought of Lebron coming to San Antonio.

Reality > imagined loyalty.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:24 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,382,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Funny thing is, if Spurs management had a chance to do a straight up Duncan for Lebron trade, Spurs management would be all over it, and Spurs fans would be drooling in joy at the thought of Lebron coming to San Antonio.

Reality > imagined loyalty.

True, but for that to happen the spurs might have to give their whole team also to satisfy miami. such as leonard, parker, manu.

i remember for the 1997 draft the celtics for the 3rd pick and got billups, while the spurs got duncan at #1. the celtics told the spurs that theyre willing to trade the whole team for duncan, and it still made sense for the celtics to do that!

Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
True, but for that to happen the spurs might have to give their whole team also to satisfy miami. such as leonard, parker, manu.

i remember for the 1997 draft the celtics for the 3rd pick and got billups, while the spurs got duncan at #1. the celtics told the spurs that theyre willing to trade the whole team for duncan, and it still made sense for the celtics to do that!
man how bad was the 1997 draft.
tim, tracy mcgrady, and ummm van horne?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 PM

15 reasons lebron should sign in san antonio

1. Playing with Manu will get people to stop bringing up his hair line.

2. Thought blocking splitter was fun and wants to do it a bunch in practice.

3. He doesn't really want to be a Spur but is being sucked in by Diaw's gravitational pull.

4. Is jealous that nobody's ever rubbed his head after a good play.

5. Wanted to join a squad where the star shooting guard doesn't flop all the time and has a solid track record of being durable.

6. The Spurs are the only team in the league where he won't get criticized for passing the ball.

7. Likes the idea of playing fewer than 47 minutes a game.

8. Only way to get Kawhi Leonard to stop making him look bad on national television.

9. Is worried that if he stays in Miami, he may go to prison for murdering Mario Chalmers.

10. No Dan Gilbert.

11. Got tired of pretending that Chris bosh isn't a freaking weirdo.

12. Wants to go from playing with a guy who looked like a dinosaur to guys who are dinosaurs.

13. No one can resist Tony Parker's accent.

14. Thinks his game has finally developed to the point where he can play in the toughest basketball league in the world: the Western Conference of the NBA.

15. It'd make skip Bayless' head explode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball