Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bulls outscored them 15-5 in the last 5 minutes or so. I'm not impressed by a guy scoring 43 if it takes him 32 shots.
We ALL know that's a losing proposition for any team.

Looks like drafting Mirotic deep a few years ago is going to yield some dividends.

That loss for OKC confirmed that Brooks is a awful coach. They led 100-93 and as a coach you should be telling your team to use up as much of the shot clock as possible to drain the clock. And to get a good shot so that you are using up clock and extending the lead. OKC just kept rushing down the floor and I didn't understand why when they were winning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
It was a great win for the Bulls. But to me (though I only caught snatches til the last quarter-ish) Westbrook typified the Me-1st mentality that permeates the NBA.

Great talent but I wouldn't want him on my team.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,048,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It was a great win for the Bulls. But to me (though I only caught snatches til the last quarter-ish) Westbrook typified the Me-1st mentality that permeates the NBA.

Great talent but I wouldn't want him on my team.

We know he has the skills to be a good player but if can become more of a team guy he may become unstoppable.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,305,660 times
Quote:
Bulls outscored them 15-5 in the last 5 minutes or so. I'm not impressed by a guy scoring 43 if it takes him 32 shots.
I generally agree, though without Durant it seems the Thunder have difficulty finding another scorer other than Westbrook. It took awhile, but it seems like Durant's absence is starting to catch up with them.

I'm really looking forward to the Cavs/Hawks game tonight. I know it's only one game, so we need to be careful how much we read into the result. Still, it should serve as some indication of where both teams really stand. It's really the only game of consequence tonight.

In addition to lacking a post-presence for rebounding, interior D, and scoring, the Hawks don't really seem to have a dynamic offensive player. They have plenty of good role players, but without a post-presence I'm not sure how they'll do in the playoffs.

Even though the Cavs don't have much post-scoring either, they do have a couple bigs who can rebound and protect the basket somewhat. And of course they have very good overall D, and dynamic players who can shoot, penetrate, and distribute. Did I say I was talking about the Cavs? OK, just want to be sure.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:03 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,994,152 times
Quote:

Looks like drafting Mirotic deep a few years ago is going to yield some dividends.
That's the problem I have with him going on this run. If his team keeps losing these games, then how impressive is this streak really?

Old 03-06-2015, 12:29 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
That's the problem I have with him going on this run. If his team keeps losing these games, then how impressive is this streak really?
Not at all impressive.

The only games they won in his last 5 were home games vs Philly and Indy.

Only game he shot over 44% was Philly.

This was an UNIMPRESSIVE streak of ball-hoggery by westbrook....and ESPN and basketball noobs are shoveling coal into his train sized ego.

I mean holy cow....he had 39 points on 38 shots vs. Pheonix....32% from the field. He single handedly LOST that game.

Russell Westbrook 2014-15 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

OKC is 1-6 in games he's taken 30 shots or more.

Phil Jackson showed that to be stupid back over 20 years ago....the coach there needs to bench westbrook.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Not at all impressive.

The only games they won in his last 5 were home games vs Philly and Indy.

Only game he shot over 44% was Philly.

This was an UNIMPRESSIVE streak of ball-hoggery by westbrook....and ESPN and basketball noobs are shoveling coal into his train sized ego.

I mean holy cow....he had 39 points on 38 shots vs. Pheonix....32% from the field. He single handedly LOST that game.

Russell Westbrook 2014-15 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

OKC is 1-6 in games he's taken 30 shots or more.

Phil Jackson showed that to be stupid back over 20 years ago....the coach there needs to bench westbrook.
His team is also 7-20 when he scores 38 points or more.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:47 PM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
His team is also 7-20 when he scores 38 points or more.
Yep.

The year after Shaq left LA....Kobe kinda went bonkers trying to prove he didn't need Shaq and did crap like this. Drove me nuts considering his ability. He *finally* listened to Phil Jackson or he'd never have gotten those extra non-Shaq rings.

Westbrook is the same way.

Drives me nuts watching that much talent play like crap.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Yep.

The year after Shaq left LA....Kobe kinda went bonkers trying to prove he didn't need Shaq and did crap like this. Drove me nuts considering his ability. He *finally* listened to Phil Jackson or he'd never have gotten those extra non-Shaq rings.

Westbrook is the same way.

Drives me nuts watching that much talent play like crap.
Hopefully a better coach can get through to him.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:21 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,564,102 times
Fluke win by the undynamic Hawks. The Hawks only won because of homecooking because they don't have anyone to rely on when the game gets close....that's why. Cleveland wins 9/10 times against the lucky Hawks with their not so dynamic rosters with a bad frontcourt.

I'm not putting the score because it's a fluke and it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball