Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 PM

502 posts, read 985,913 times

Advertisements

Island Naturals is the best. Their breakfast bar is terrific; a good grab to start the morning or freeze a bunch of portions for the week when I cannot cook for the day. J Hara is a terrific sports store, hardware store, quick soup or chili available, fresh bananas. They God, (oops sorry atheist), got really good harpoon guns for fishing w/ mask. yeah. But get the right gauge so you pull it back good and tight, catch good big fish, not bounce off with girlie gauge.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM

Default Hey Touristas, keep your Eyes on the Road

More than on the "pretty scenery" . Keep you Mo safe and No slidding off Dem Road into jungle fever. You have em good day now - yah hear . yeah

Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Default As I am driving down a sweet Highway of Life in Glorious Hawaii in the Wee Hours of the Morning, contemplating my Blessi

...Contemplating my Many Blessings....

So nice to be the only one on the Highway of Life in our beautiful Kona Hawaii. So fortunate NOT to be in Des Moines or Kennebunkport or St Louis or Indianapolis or Anchorage this time of year. Sorry folks if you live in these quant cities. They are quite beautiful covered in snow with the moon reflecting off black ice - (ouch).

I remember that now, here I foolishly thought I might find a better paradise of sorts in a distant S Pacific Island Nation on the cheap. And was I wrong. No honey bees, no polinators, no food except for 5 varieties of veggies and 5 varieties of fruits, (that is all). Frozen chicken and edible cow bile flown in from Georgia. How nice. The locals are so preoccupied with their addictions that they dont even raise chickens . They just nurture their addictions. Imagine working all month long (for those willing to work), as -- say a school teacher; earning the huge lump sum of $360. minus 7.% taxes and forbid you have to buy gasoline because it was selling for $4.20 per gallon. Do the math, it sooksafay.

Yeah, driving down this Highway here in Hawaii in the sweet sweet morning.... Hey Muammar Gaddafi ( in your fine gold thread hand tailored suit ) - get your ass in gear. Shape Up or Ship Out.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Default Secrets of Staying out of Trouble with the Police in Puna

There are many secrets staying out of trouble with the Puna Police - Let's Review:

Dont drink and drive if you can help it

Dont smoke Pakilolo

Dont transport any illegal drugs

Dont transgress the Posted Speed if possible

Carry up to date vehicle insurance

Having a current drivers license could help

Dont swerve in and out of dah traffic

Dont throw dah beer cans out the window

Make em sure dah car parts dont fall off dah car and onto dah road

Vehicle License Plate is not optional

Wear Seat belts - They are not there for your comfort

If a Police Car is flashing his lights behind you, best not to out run him

Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM

Default How To Ruin Your Teeth for Sure

Meth addicts are destroying their health and ruining their teeth. Who pays for Health Care ? Dig deeper into your pockets - folks.

In case you do not know what Meth is doing to people in Hawaii, go search the Net for : HowdoIgetOffDrugs.Com

If you dont care about it then tell your kids to "Run along and make New Friends at School ."

I am sure they will.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:12 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
mangodog - ever thought about blogging your Stream of Consciousness?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,598,734 times
Stream of consiousness? I think a stream of something else. Try some Kaopectate.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
In case you do not know what Meth is doing to people in Hawaii, go search the Net for : HowdoIgetOffDrugs.Com
Yes, it is a terrible, terrible problem. No it is not unique to Hawai'i, nor is it even worse here than other places. Here are some figures from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, percentage of persons reporting meth use:

Nevada 2.02
Montana 1.47
Wyoming 1.47
Idaho 1.24
Nebraska 1.24
Oregon 1.24
Arkansas 1.23
Arizona 1.22
New Mexico 1.16
California 1.13
N. Dakota 1.13
S. Dakota 1.12
Hawaii 1.09

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Default Special Deal for limited Time Only - PLANT IT HAWAII KURTISTOWN

OPEN to the Public for a couple days in early April. No Tax ID, No Ag Retail Selling Permit. The Public can buy without having to spend the $800. minimum as well.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:25 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
OPEN to the Public for a couple days in early April. No Tax ID, No Ag Retail Selling Permit. The Public can buy without having to spend the $800. minimum as well.
Thanks, but be aware, they may be infected with coqui frogs and need to be quarantined before bringing into non-infected areas like my nabe. In Volcano the Coquistadores (local coqui control) have instructions on how to do that safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island