Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:32 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Sure, but that fissure REALLY tied the Island together.

Did it not?
Johann, you're out of your element. The Māmalahoa highway ties the Island together.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:05 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Sure, but that fissure REALLY tied the Island together.

Did it not?
I'm thinking it is an abandoned lllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggg line fishing rig.

Definitely NOT a Green Stick line.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:34 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,368 times
OK no interest in Fissure 8 got it

Old 07-25-2018, 07:47 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
OK no interest in Fissure 8 got it
Try reading back more than the previous 1 or 2 comments, and please indicate an interest on your own part by posting something on the subject.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:09 PM

Watch this vid. VIDEO: Puna Residents Vent Frustrations To Civil Defense. Dig the first loon and his forest-eating goddess. Scary that people applauded this fool

Last edited by Open-D; 07-25-2018 at 03:34 PM..

Old 07-25-2018, 06:08 PM

74 posts, read 74,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Watch this vid. VIDEO: Puna Residents Vent Frustrations To Civil Defense. Dig the first loon and his forest-eating goddess. Scary that people applauded this fool
Loon? Nah, he's just religious and takes his heritage seriously. Most native Hawaiians do. It just looks crazy because he prays to Pele instead of some ancient dude from Nazareth...er, sorry...THE SON OF GOD. He's also apparently the VP of Leilani Estates HOA (I mean the speaker...not Jesus...although I'm sure Jesus would make a fine board member.)

I found it more interesting how the Civil Defense seems much more interested in punishing the victims than helping them. And, as always, they cut the Q+A short when they didn't like the questions.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestone View Post
Loon? Nah, he's just religious and takes his heritage seriously. Most native Hawaiians do. It just looks crazy because he prays to Pele instead of some ancient dude from Nazareth...er, sorry...THE SON OF GOD. He's also apparently the VP of Leilani Estates HOA (I mean the speaker...not Jesus...although I'm sure Jesus would make a fine board member.)

I found it more interesting how the Civil Defense seems much more interested in punishing the victims than helping them. And, as always, they cut the Q+A short when they didn't like the questions.
This nut wants to stop lava viewing because he doesn't want to **** off the forest-eating goddess AilaAu.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:24 PM

74 posts, read 74,164 times
Quote:
This nut wants to stop lava viewing because he doesn't want to **** off the forest-eating goddess AilaAu.
Right. He believes in such gods. Lots of Native Hawaiians do. If I believed in such gods, I wouldn't want to annoy Ai La'au either...
I. Ai Laau, The Forest Eater

Old 07-26-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestone View Post
Right. He believes in such gods. Lots of Native Hawaiians do. If I believed in such gods, I wouldn't want to annoy Ai La'au either...
I. Ai Laau, The Forest Eater
This is insanity. These people need to get a grip on reality or get out of the way.

If you believe in Pele or the Forest Eater, or the Great Pumpkin or Santa Claus, you need serious remediation from professionals, and you should play no role in any decision-making other than for yourself.

After all, everyone knows the Golden Calf is the true god of the universe.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:20 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Quote:
This is insanity. These people need to get a grip on reality or get out of the way.

If you believe in Pele or the Forest Eater, or the Great Pumpkin or Santa Claus, you need serious remediation from professionals, and you should play no role in any decision-making other than for yourself.

After all, everyone knows the Golden Calf is the true god of the universe.
It doesn’t work like that. Whether you believe in something or believe in nothing, it takes faith. There is no proof for something just as there is no proof of nothing. I’m a Christian and I don’t believe in Pele. I believe this is all part of the creation of our Lord, but I respect the belief for Pele. Maybe for many it is a way for them to rationalize and justify what is happening to them. I don’t know if you are being satirical, but it is coming off as a douche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island