Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:04 PM

172 posts, read 146,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
It's comical to believe in such superstitions, and beyond the pale to expect others to alter their behavior because of your idiotic beliefs.

Happy douching.
How much effort does it take to respect the beliefs of Hawaiians or anyone else for that matter? Why is asking for privacy in a time of duress so unreasonable? You clearly don't get what makes Hawaii special and that's fine. Not everyone does. The part I don't get is why you are so mean-spirited and callous. Another internet tough guy hiding behind his online anonymity. Would you be spewing these same insulting words if everyone knew who you were? I seriously doubt it. That kind of lays the douchiness squarely on your shoulders does it not?
Do you want to know who I am? I'll gladly disclose that because I would not say anything here i would not say to Mr. Hauanio's (or anyone else's) face. You should try thinking along those lines before your next post. Try being more Pono, more humble and far less hateful toward Hawaiians.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:57 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokai100 View Post
How much effort does it take to respect the beliefs of Hawaiians or anyone else for that matter? Why is asking for privacy in a time of duress so unreasonable? You clearly don't get what makes Hawaii special and that's fine. Not everyone does. The part I don't get is why you are so mean-spirited and callous. Another internet tough guy hiding behind his online anonymity. Would you be spewing these same insulting words if everyone knew who you were? I seriously doubt it. That kind of lays the douchiness squarely on your shoulders does it not?
Do you want to know who I am? I'll gladly disclose that because I would not say anything here i would not say to Mr. Hauanio's (or anyone else's) face. You should try thinking along those lines before your next post. Try being more Pono, more humble and far less hateful toward Hawaiians.
I don't agree that Hawaii is any more "special" than anywhere else. In fact, in many ways, it is backwards.

It's 2018 and some gomer is trying to stop people from VIEWING lava because it might peeve the jungle-eating dragon - and I suspect he actually believes what he is saying. He isn't concerned with privacy, per se, he is afraid the forest-eater will eat more forest, him included, I suspect.

It's a news event, and people's right to see is important. They should be allowed to view from some safe place that doesn't violate his privacy, but nooooo-can-do says the rube, might alienate the Jungle Eater. Give me a break.

I'm supposed to "respect" that? Really!! Progress is supposed to be put on hold because some fool is afraid that a forest eating monster is going to be peeved and eat more jungle, and you can't understand why, in 2018, somebody laughs at it. No different than the TMT issue. Can't build a world-class telescope HERE, because the rocks are sacred!!!!! To heck with science, the rocks are god-like and to be revered.

Simply, put, the beliefs being put forth are not worthy of respect, anymore than an adult belief in Santa Claus would be. The notion of Pele is quaint and amusing, like Santa Claus and Rudolph, but to ask that everybody go without the experience of viewing molten rock firsthand so as to not alienate the Jungle eater is not the stuff of sane people in 2018.

Happy Douching!

Old 07-27-2018, 01:27 PM

And still, you hide YOUR opinion behind the Mama's skirt of anonymity the internet provides. Your opinion holds no value when you don't have the guts to OPENLY discharge your mouth.
I have read all of your so-called logical reasons for your position...how about addressing the fact you would never say them publically? Im really interested in the tap-dance you will need to explain your cowardice.
Most would consider calling Mr. Hauanio disparaging names behind his back a serious lack of integrity. I know I do.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:58 PM

268 posts, read 383,105 times
He's a troll and he won't stop until everyone stops feeding him. I'm sure he'll say something derogatory about me but I'll just ignore it and move on. If everyone else does the same, so will he.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain...

Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore it, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts – hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls"."

Old 07-27-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
And still, you hide YOUR opinion behind the Mama's skirt of anonymity the internet provides. Your opinion holds no value when you don't have the guts to OPENLY discharge your mouth.
I have read all of your so-called logical reasons for your position...how about addressing the fact you would never say them publically? Im really interested in the tap-dance you will need to explain your cowardice.
Most would consider calling Mr. Hauanio disparaging names behind his back a serious lack of integrity. I know I do.
What you are doing is, IMHO, a serious violation of the TOS trying to GOAD someone into revealing who they are.

Anonymity allows for more open and truthful discussion free from the possibility of the assignment of stigma, not to mention harassment, stemming from positions that may be spot-on, but unpopular (like mine, apparently).

My Mama died about 40 years ago.

The value of my opinion is not (as you stupidly infer) based on setting anonymity aside (or not), or "guts", but stems, instead, from the ideas contained therein. You can't debate the ideas, so you attack anonymity.

How childish you are.

I suggest you scamper-on now for your bottle of formula has reached body temperature, just like you like it.

BTW, how would you react if some Christian was lobbying the CD to take a particular action (or avoid a particular action) based on some passage in the Bible? No doubt, you would scream until your pacifier flew out of your mouth into the hot lava.

Happy suckling!

Old 07-27-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cam View Post
He's a troll and he won't stop until everyone stops feeding him. I'm sure he'll say something derogatory about me but I'll just ignore it and move on. If everyone else does the same, so will he.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain...

Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore it, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts – hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls"."
Calling people trolls is the realm of the coward, coward.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:41 PM

67Cam....i know. My bad. Arguing with losers on the internet is something i fall into every now and then. But you are right, he's just another troll. Ill just assume the Open-D stands for Open Douchebag

Old 07-27-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
67Cam....i know. My bad. Arguing with losers on the internet is something i fall into every now and then. But you are right, he's just another troll. Ill just assume the Open-D stands for Open Douchebag
How about instead of making a fool of yourself (again), why don't you address the inappropriateness of a citizen openly petitioning the government (Civil Defense) to take official action on the basis of his "religious beliefs".

I know that would require you to go beyond name calling fellow members, but give it a whirl, and remember, the first insult hurled against a fellow member was against me calling me a douche.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
How about instead of making a fool of yourself (again), why don't you address the inappropriateness of a citizen openly petitioning the government (Civil Defense) to take official action on the basis of his "religious beliefs".

I have to hand it to you. When you set out to pen a cogent, rational, well-reasoned response devoid of name-calling and other insults, well I just have to hand it to you, because.......the SILENCE is DEAFENING

Old 07-27-2018, 05:34 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
Open-D, how about you stop commenting on and making fun of people and a culture that you obviously don’t understand?

I agree with 67cam and Molokai100 and have held off entering into this discussion. But the name calling on YOUR part, Open-D, has become offensive. Perhaps you should stick to commenting on something that you at least know something about. Those of us who actually live in Hawaii and have taken the time to understand the culture do respect the views of those who honor their ancestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island