Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > emeraldsky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Anne's diary and the Holocaust

I was priviliged to study years ago with Dr.Viktor Frankl who opened my eyes to that horrible time period. I have just completed a novel as a testament to my pledge to him to be a witness after he was gone.
    Posted 06-11-2011 at 09:26 AM by Salvatore Tagliareni Salvatore Tagliareni is offline
  2. Old Comment

Mt. Rushmore

Why not put Adolph Hitler's face up there? He killed far less Jews than those four killed Native Americans. Celebrate your heroes for their time grows short...aho Xube
  3. Old Comment
  4. Old Comment

the island of Terceira and 1st kisses

That is a wonderful story and worthly of a lifetimes memories.
  5. Old Comment

You can make a difference. Find out what is needed in your community and figure out a way to fullfil the need, If everyone did this just in their own neighborhood, we could solve a lot of our problems that we are looking to the government to solve.
  6. Old Comment

Also there is a story about a dutch woman, and her family who had a clock store, in Germany. They worked on watches and clocks. They had a secret door, that went to the underground escape routes. I think the Lady who wrote the book, her last name is Boone. She was so courageous. She and her family ended up getting caught and went to concentration camps. She carried a little bible around her neck. Nobody ever saw that bible, and they had to be naked a lot. You know for any body that didn't fear judgement, of the Almighty, it was these monsters. This whole situation was a cover up and a conspiracy from the get go. Racism is unjust and ungodly. It is cruel and it takes someone's identitly and self worth away. The two things that we were created in God's image, like. This is clearly the working of the beast. My heart cries for all the people who are suffering for the cause of evil. Look at Haiti, the people are starving, while food is rotting in their ports. These poor people have consumed all their natural resources and they are eating dirt cookies. This unjustice is too much!!!!!!!!
  7. Old Comment

my pet snake...

you made me think of our two pet snakes, stanley and stanley. They were both ball pythons, and very friendly. We miss them..they both died last summer.
  8. Old Comment

doggie quirks part II

Vacuums and Sneezing.
    My American Eskimo Dog "Sadie" loves to hate the vacuum cleaner. We have to send her outside to settle her down. And sneezing... our terrier mix "Jake" started it. Unfortunately for me, my wife recognized the sneezing as a "method of communication" and sought to understand what he was asking for each time. Now Jake has us trained... and the other 3 dogs have caught on. Sneeze for this, sneeze for that. Ugh! I'm a dog trainer, but unfortunately not an effective wife trainer. I've been married 20 years and I make all the decisions in my house...so I decided to do whatever my wife says!
  9. Old Comment

Which side of your brain works the hardest?

Visit centerpointe.com
    Im using the program. It connects left/rt brain with entrainment of sound through both ears.
  10. Old Comment

gluttonous carnivores and those poor lobsters...

OMG, what an experience! (love that lobster plaque)

I've eaten lobster maybe 3 or 4 times. Only once I had a whole lobster served to me and I almost died it was an australian variety (don't remember what kind due to the shock at the size of it). It was just so huge it looked like it could come back to life and take me down in a head lock. Oh, the antennaes just creeped me out. Since then, I pass on whole crab or lobster unless its crab or lobster cakes or something like that and even thats a rare order from me.
  11. Old Comment

My favorite roll recipe (cinnamon rolls too)

Wow. Great recipe for cinnamon rolls. Will have to try that!
  12. Old Comment

strawberry banana breakfast crepes

that would be the pefect evening snack right now with a glass of egg nog
  13. Old Comment

how to get rid of a spider (part I)

Oh well, try having a BAT in the house and see how you hide until hubby gets home. Yes, that happened to me once. I hid in the bathroom until his arrival...
  14. Old Comment

enjoying the moment

Wow, I work in a school too, and I have five kids. You seem to get twice as much done with twice as much energy. That is so great you have taken some time for yourself. I forget to do that at times. Enjoy the quite moments they don't come along that often.
  15. Old Comment

I have to add an addendum to this... I just read recently about a brave soul who did actually turn around and try to shoot Hitler. But sadly his plan failed and he was executed for treason. I'm sorry I didn't catch the name, and now don't remember even where I read or heard that. But as sad as it was that he died trying, I think he was a better man for having tried to get rid of the evil, even at peril of his own life, rather than kill for a madman.
  16. Old Comment

enjoying the moment

Thanks ladies, for your comments and smiley faces.
  17. Old Comment

enjoying the moment

oh my goodness, I wish I had half your energy. I'm glad to see you are taking time to enjoy everyday moments and making memories.
    Posted 09-29-2008 at 11:53 PM by aiangel_writer aiangel_writer is offline
  18. Old Comment

enjoying the moment

Your life is indeed a busy one..As long as you take time to enjoy a moment each day, as you said..I'm glad you spent a moment with us today
  19. Old Comment

too many peppermint patties and the CD allure

haha ok i know the feeeling i am like a total pop corn freak and i love those butter mints mmmmmmmmmm the ones they give at weddings lol omg .. i feel you those pepper mint patties are pureeeeee evil haha ..j/k ....
  20. Old Comment

watermelon

Just wanted to share that "mooing" (yes, the sound that cows make) also works. Of course, I think that you could probably explain 'watermelon' much better than you could explain "mooooo". I don't know if this one works in silent. When I have tried it, it is always a good, loud "MOOO". Works every time. I, too, sneeze very loud.
    Posted 08-22-2008 at 10:47 AM by weatherologist weatherologist is offline