Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Weird
Old

Why God cannot exist!

Posted 01-14-2013 at 06:17 PM by Carneades-SkepticGriggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carneades-SkepticGriggsy View Post
Nature is -place holder for what? Oh, its causes that need no supernatural boss as science indeed shows how and why. The why of the theologian is just that superfluity, that place- holder of non-explanatory power!
Keith Parsons, fellow atheologian cries out : " Occult power wielded by a transcendent being in an inscrutable manner for unfathomable purposes does not seem to be any sort of a good answer."
The scrutable paradox is that this Grand Mystery, surrounded by yet even
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Professional Background

Posted 01-07-2013 at 12:56 AM by Derp-D-Derp (Personal Advice Only; I'm Not a Doctor!)
Updated 01-07-2013 at 01:00 AM by Derp-D-Derp (I have OCD; everything has to read correctly.)

1. Worked for Pres. & VP of national territorial offices of different companies; run the Eastern Regional Office of a national floor care manufacturer; etc.

2. Editorial assistant to National Trade Magazine; moved on to proofread all literature and art from agency.

3. Employed as an Editor with various hats at a local newspaper.
Then Wrote guest columns for that paper, as well as other local papers; had a regular column in a larger area paper....
Old

Going to Open House at Governor's House wasn't too fun

Posted 12-10-2012 at 01:03 PM by RockNRollRocks

i was surprised, thought my friends & I, wud have good time going to the Governor's Malloy's mansion, but it was rather boring & stressful.
people visitin kinda friendly, but staff & security guards at the mansion gave us such dirty looks.
thought they'd offer coffee, or cider or donuts or cookies but all they gave folks was a postcard with mincemeat recipe!
man..governor was friendlier to foreigners at his mansion, than the state residents too.
Posted in Weird
Old

Can ya hear me now?

Posted 09-21-2012 at 09:27 AM by kaymess
Updated 09-21-2012 at 09:43 AM by kaymess (spelling)

well now, I have NO idea how I found this site. I was online looking for a good recipe for madness and ..... bing.....here I am. lol

There are a few other sites that have this same format. Ya know, with the blogs and forums. One is a sober recovery site, the other is a prison talk site. I was members of both. lol :

I was going to start my little thing here off with politics, the election bulls*it. But I changed my mind.
Since this is my first entry I think...
Not a member
Posted in Weird, Humor, Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

People Getting Divorced

Posted 07-22-2012 at 03:58 PM by davidals

I don't know the precise title of the poem, or the precise year in which it was written, but there's an old piece by Lawrence Ferlinghetti, which opens with the following words: People getting divorced / driving around with their things in their car...

My first encounter with Mr. Ferlinghetti was highly unanticipated - in my lowly high school, located in a suburb of Charlotte, the library included a handful of examples of beat writing: a general anthology, and two of Ferlinghetti's...
Posted in Lifestyle, Weird