Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,674 times

Advertisements

My thoughts and well wishes to anybody affected...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times
My thoughts are with the people of Boston, I hope this gets sorted out soon, and the evil bastard who did this, may he or she or them be caught and brought to justice, before more innocent lives are shattered for no reason.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,326,864 times
The world is thinking of you all there in Boston.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 PM

884 posts, read 716,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised by that either. It's a Boston thing. It's an American thing. I think one of the best moments in sports that no one really talks about was when "New York, New York" played at Fenway following 911 when the Yankees were in town. The crowd sung along in support of NYC. Amazing...Make no mistake, though. We will make it through this. Maybe we just needed a reminder of how evil the world still is...
I am sure at times we Americans who are always on the "go" busy day, "gotta do this gotta do that" and seem to be in our own world, and at times rude. But make no mistake about it, when incidents like today happen people will stop every dam thing they are doing to help others. My thoughts and prayers are with those suffering, and those who are helping them.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 PM

884 posts, read 716,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Some silver linings:

1.) There are numerous reports that runners who had just completed their 26.2-mile jaunt proceeded to go to nearby hospitals to donate blood to help the victims.

2.) Even after the second explosion throngs of people rushed towards the havoc to tend to those who were wailing in agony, eschewing their own personal sense of safety in order to help save the lives of complete strangers.
In my opinion, the bolded section of your post describes an American to me. Well said.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,561,719 times
You know what is funny about us Americans? Politics divide us yet tragedy unites us. Somehow we don't care about how "liberal" those Bostonians are! These are our Americans!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,962 times
It's hard to find words to adequately describe the myriad of feelings I have. There is nothing more cowardly than an attack of this kind. It is unfathomable to the average person to understand how people like this think. Massive hatred, twisted logic that generalizes us all into one. But in effect we all do become united in the aftermath of events like this. Amazing efforts of help and self sacrifice by people at the marathon. There are still plenty of good people about and that is encouraging. A dark day but looking at the efforts of so many, Boston has reason to be proud of its people. For the victims and families lives are forever changed. People will do the best they can, but it will be a long road for them. I hope and pray they are always shown love and encouragement by all. Condolences to all of the families and friends effected by this insane act of violence. RIP to those taken.

Tell me Mr. Attacker, would you meet one of us in the street alone without a weapon, I think not. You slither out blending with the colors around you, hard to recognize, you interact among us, set your trap, then slip away back into your reptilian hole. To call you a man would be an oxymoron. Turn yourself in, be a man for once in your life!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,349,587 times
PRAYING FOR THE PEOPLE OF BOSTON!!! I am so, so sorry for the pain and trauma you are experiencing and am with you in spirit. Your first responders are NOTHING SHORT OF MARVELOUS! I can only hope that the COWARD(s) who did this will be caught and brought to justice.
Sandy in PA XXXXXOOOOO

Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times
Hey Boston, my thoughts, wishes, prayers, and condolences all goes out to you guys, the marathon participants, the injured, the dead, and the city. I was extremely shocked to hear the news earlier afternoon and some of the horrific images. Thankfully, yall Bostonians and us Americans in general are a resilient and well-weathered bunch! I wish you guys a good night (well technically morning now) and a fresh new day in order to calm down all the tension.

Best of wishes from the Washington DC Metropolitan Area,
tcave360

Old 04-16-2013, 05:39 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,009,846 times
I appreciate the kind words. City-Data is always great for this sort of thing.

I know I'm still reeling. Overwhelmed with two emotions, mostly. The first is a deep sadness. I, like most Massachusetts residents, consider Patriots Day to be one of the best holidays of the year. It's a right of passage into the spring/summer seasons. Kids are on break, the weather is finally tolerable for outdoor activities and we celebrate that with a rare morning Sox Game which kicks off just before the elite Marathon runner cross the finish line a few blocks away. Yesterday, it was marred beyond recognition. It was a devastating day for all of us.

The other emotion is an overwhelming sense of pride for my city. Watching video of the events, you see police, volunteers, fire fighters and spectators rushing into the chaos to help those in need. Given the severity of the injuries, one has to imagine that the instantaneous response saved lives that would have been lost if even a single minute more had passed. I'm overwhelmed with pride because even in one of the city's darkest hours, I know that Boston will rebound stronger and better before. There's going to be a Patriots Day next year. There's going to be a morning game at Fenway next year, and there's going to be a Boston Marathon next year. Thousands will participate and attend. An act of terror, no matter how cowardly and devastating, will not bring Boston down. I've always been proud to call Boston my home, but never as proud as I am today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston