Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 06:59 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,320,505 times

Advertisements

No one actually said anything about violating anyone's civil rights. Glad you're so mindful of the savages in roxbury though. Your heart must be bleeding all over your shirt as you type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:02 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
No one actually said anything about violating anyone's civil rights. Glad you're so mindful of the savages in roxbury though. Your heart must be bleeding all over your shirt as you type.

No, no one did. And these "savages" (which has a nice racial tint, historically, terminology wise) are human beings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Get mugshots of these guys, then send in the sharp-shooters and take them out, no questions asked.

No, that wouldn't be a civil rights violation.

Quote:
I won't be suprised if cops start shooting people more now. And with what just happened who can blame them?? People say things like oh but what gives cops the authority to do that. It doesn't have anything to go with authority anymore. It's life or death. Cops don't want to die at the hands of these career criminals and why should they. I'm so tired of people defending the criminals also. They are scum. They have made their own life choices and dont care about the law until it catches up with them.
And no, that doesn't promote that is ok for the cops to be judge, jury, and executioner.

Right, no one here is promoting violating civil rights!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:06 AM

Default re

Savage is not a racial slur. So stop right now. I know what racial slurs are and I haven't used any. How about trash is that a racial slur? Loser? Disgrace? Heathen? Sloth? Nope none of those are racial slurs.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Savage is not a racial slur. So stop right now. I know what racial slurs are and I haven't used any. How about trash is that a racial slur? Loser? Disgrace? Heathen? Sloth? Nope none of those are racial slurs.

Right, savages was never used as a racial slur. Got it.

Yet, it was an incredibly common racial slur against native americans (primarily) and blacks for a long long time.

Heathen is often used as a religious slur.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:17 AM

The words seem fitting for the behavior displayed in many of those videos by the people of Roxbury and blacklivesmatter. I dont care what color they are.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:22 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,287 times
this thread about a similar incident on the other side of the country didnt descend into veiled ( //www.city-data.com/forum/bosto...te-racism.html ):
//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...-murdered.html

although some of the commentors posted unsympathetic and inappropriate responses.

i feel sad for the families of the victims and the suspects of both crimes.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,063,075 times
Those claiming every Roxbury resident is a savage and/or thug are nothing but racist trash. On the flip-side, those who outright deny the existence of thugs in Roxbury and get their panties in a bunch every time they hear thugs being referred to as thugs are a bunch of brainwashed idiots. In this particular case, the shooter and many of those fine young lads and gals in the video can certainly be referred to as thugs and savages.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:52 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,287 times
^ what about the suspect in the thread i linked to above; is he a thug ?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Those claiming every Roxbury resident is a savage and/or thug are nothing but racist trash. On the flip-side, those who outright deny the existence of thugs in Roxbury and get their panties in a bunch every time they hear thugs being referred to as thugs are a bunch of brainwashed idiots. In this particular case, the shooter and many of those fine young lads and gals in the video can certainly be referred to as thugs and savages.

I haven't seen anyone complain that actual thugs are being called thugs. They certainly are. There are far too many thugs.

There are also a ton, a really unhealthily large percentage, of police officers that engage in horrific behavior. I've seen it first hand. Stealing from citizens. Lying on the stand. Abusing civil rights. These aren't outliers.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:34 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,806,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

There are also a ton, a really unhealthily large percentage, of police officers that engage in horrific behavior. I've seen it first hand. Stealing from citizens. Lying on the stand. Abusing civil rights. These aren't outliers.
I've got a feeling there won't be any morons chaining themselves to barrels on 93 over this savagery. This thug got what he deserved, when you shoot a cop you get dropped. The police have video of the incident and are preparing to release it from what I read, and BPD showed it to "local leaders" already to lay any knee-jerk cops are bad liar abusers misconduct accusation BS to rest. From the sounds of it this cop did none of the things you brought up but we will see.

Last edited by wolfgang239; 03-31-2015 at 02:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston