Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 11:26 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
lol coming from the person who claims the T is never delayed.

Never claimed that. But reading is hard, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,321,722 times
Default Re

Omg what a mess it was today. I have to say I was only 15 min late for work but I've never seen so many people on the platforms before. Trains were at maximum capacity. Low and behold today was the day a very nice man looked up and saw me and jumped up to give me his seat. He was a diamond in the rough for sure.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:09 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,695,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Omg what a mess it was today. I have to say I was only 15 min late for work but I've never seen so many people on the platforms before. Trains were at maximum capacity. Low and behold today was the day a very nice man looked up and saw me and jumped up to give me his seat. He was a diamond in the rough for sure.
So far all indications are South Station will still be out of service tonight. The MBTA's plan B is to run extra trains on the Orange and Red line.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:17 PM

2,811 posts, read 2,181,664 times
Well, it's a good thing the highways are never at capacity and nothing ever breaks down on them.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
Well, it's a good thing the highways are never at capacity and nothing ever breaks down on them.
It's sadly getting to the point where driving is more reliable than the T.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:26 PM

Default Re

Driving is way better than the T unless u live very close to the T and are only going a few stops and can deal with a crowd. Even if stuck in traffic yon are still alone and sitting down in the comfort of your own vehicle. If the traffic is getting to you that badly, get off at the next exit.

I had to leave work early today, redline was quiet. I hadn't heard south station would be out of commission tonight, that's insane. I wonder what's in store for tomorrow morning. I still can't believe the amount of people and crowds from this morning. Wow.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Driving is way better than the T unless u live very close to the T and are only going a few stops and can deal with a crowd. Even if stuck in traffic yon are still alone and sitting down in the comfort of your own vehicle. If the traffic is getting to you that badly, get off at the next exit.

I had to leave work early today, redline was quiet. I hadn't heard south station would be out of commission tonight, that's insane. I wonder what's in store for tomorrow morning. I still can't believe the amount of people and crowds from this morning. Wow.

I'd rather be on the T with a book. Anything is better than burning gas (even when cheaper) and not being able to relax.

And if trains or buses are moving slow I'll get out and walk.

Took the orange line three times today (had an dr appointment) so far, no problems getting on or about during rush hour. Once again for like the 500th time in a row.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:44 PM

Just got all the T Alerts. Most of the PM rush hour commuter rail service that normally originates from South Station has been cancelled.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:15 PM

Default Re

I heard that as well. These things happen though right? No biggie. Thousands of people will just have to figure out another way to get home.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I heard that as well. These things happen though right? No biggie. Thousands of people will just have to figure out another way to get home.
Here anyone say it is no biggie? I didn't. That's big, but that's exceptionally rare, just like a an accident on the pike that shuts down traffic is rare, but less rare than this.

But where is the problem here? With the T? Nope. This is an AMTRAK failure. They operate the switches and signals. That's for profit enterprise for you.

And of course, that's the commuter rail being affected by AMTRAK's failure, not the T.

"Due to a major Amtrak comm signal system failure, many MBTA Commuter Rail trains are unable to access South Station until further notice."

But thankfully the commuter rail has more T connections and people can use the T to get to these other commuter rail stops. That's much better than being stuck in a car, not moving, and not being able to go anywhere and not have options.
MUCH MUCH better.

Good thing the T is there to help with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston