Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2024, 09:58 AM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Thanks for these. without reading through all that text, are you saying she was involved with these projects?

It's "one" project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 10:26 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,087,939 times
Quote:
Thanks for these. without reading through all that text, are you saying she was involved with these projects?
...or regardless, she'll claim credit to justify her position. It's what politicians do...

Old 01-29-2024, 10:39 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what the point was. One is a Cambridge project (so I'm not sure what it has to do with a city of Boston employee), and the other is a stalled Boston project.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:14 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
not related to Corean Reynolds.

She is irrelevant because they didn't hire a competent adult with related experience. While it was a good idea to hire a black person and a very good idea to hire a woman...you needed to hire an experienced one from a nearby city like NYC/DC/even Providence.

Honestly, Nia Grace would've been a better hire.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's "one" project.
naw it's 2 projects. That's my fault, let me be clearer

DxDunster is in the back of an indoor shopping plaza called "the Garage" in Cambridge... (near the old Curious George Store)

The Sound Club is taking the place of a former nightclub called "the Garage" in Allston.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:39 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
While it was a good idea to hire a black person and a very good idea to hire a woman...you needed to hire an experienced one from a nearby city like NYC/DC/even Providence.
I think Harvard just found that out too.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I think Harvard just found that out too.
Yes they did.

Boston Globe found that out with MCG earlier. Why she got all that funding over long established programs and peoples who don't talk like coked out-ghetto-sailors is still beyond me.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:46 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Yes they did.

B Why she got all that funding over long established programs and peoples who don't talk like coked out-ghetto-sailors is still beyond me.
this just made my day. Thank you.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
How good is the nightlife in Boston? Can any of the clubs compare to those in Las Vegas?
Being this is a question from 2019 my answer is it's not Vegas , has never been Vegas, ...............it's a College town and always will be.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Being this is a question from 2019 my answer is it's not Vegas , has never been Vegas, ...............it's a College town and always will be.
Boston is really NOT a college town never was never will be.

A college town is a town, not a city. Reliant upon college for bulk of its activity and populations one that caters to college students.

it includes thing line 18+ clubs
Big time football
Rallying around 1-3 major colleges
It should be central to the economy and day-to day of most of the town.

For most Bostonians colleges are a thing in the other side of the river, college athletic culture is nonexistent and irrelevant, nightlife is the domain of the well monied and eecidedly non collegiate. And most people don't work for or in colleges.

Boston was founded as a Port City long before colleges then became a textile manufacturing center. Even today there are a number of major cities with significantly higher % of college educated people… Amherst is a college town, Cambridge is a college town.

Boston. Is nonkand grant area, it's a complicated blakanized city that happens to have a lot of disjointed colleges in the area…

I went to Gainesville for a track meet in college. THAT is a college town with a lot of fun nightlife geared to it. Basically the polar opposite of Boston in every way/

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 02-07-2024 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston