Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 10:35 AM

16,643 posts, read 8,369,674 times

Advertisements

I mean I think there are certain streets that cops are needed on...so that's not wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 10:39 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
There actually have been cases of drs shooting patients. And by the time the criminal patient is in the hospital they're shackled!!! Try again.

I think the last time I heard of a black man getting pulled over because he was driving a nice car it was the 90s. If it happens now in Boston its likely because the person does have warrants or is doing something wrong. Same for anyone of any color.

And funny how this has become about race and here you are calling cops white trash.

Not saying anyone deserves to die at the hands of police but don't compare cops to nurses. It's completely different. And when things do happen at hospitals security comes in.
Lol I got pulled over on the mass pike right before the toll booth where I-90 meets I-84 out in Sturbridge MA....maybe 200 yards away from it for an "illegal lane switch" in November 2016 lm. Can't make this stuff up. No ticket no nothing. Just wanted to find out why there were three black males with dreadlocks and Texas plates.

My roommate from the South Side of Chicago had a hometown friend who drove up to CT to pick us up and complete his roadtrip to Boston. He was a Baylor University Student going to see friends at Bentley and my friend was coming home with me for Thanksgiving since he could afford the flight back home.

So after I explained all this^ to the cop he wanted to know exactly who was from Boston-I said I was and told him my neighborhood. Only then were we free to go.

"Illegal lane switch" in front of a toll booth???????????? Any of yall ever got that one?

Mind you I was going maybe 35-40 MPH at the time. But yea "in the 90s" must be nice to be white...

Old 04-21-2021, 10:48 AM

Well rental cars with out state plates are suspicious to cops. I don't know why...I just know that they are.

I am 42 and have probably been pulled over about 7 times in my life. Maybe even 8...I wasn't the most responsible person in my 20's and early 30's when it came to things like driving the speed limit and getting my license and plates renewed. I also recall there was a warrant for my arrest because I didn't pay excise tax in a town i wasn't even living in anymore. I'm not proud of these things and they were my fault...I can't say I've been pulled over for nothing...but clearly I wasn't ignored simply because i was white. Nothing bad or weird ever happened when i was pulled over. A few cops were rude/harsh I guess but i wasn't expecting royal treatment.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Well rental cars with out state plates are suspicious to cops. I don't know why...I just know that they are.
3 black men in out of state plates are more suspicious.

Lmao a 2004 Saturn is a rental car? Impressive reach, but no.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,827 times
That's profiling, sure. Now tell me, what's the "profile" of a typical Boston-area shooter? And are you OK with thousands more guns on the streets and hundreds more shootings every year in Boston alone as collateral damage if cops stop using the method that results in more gun-related arrests than everything else combined? Do black lives matter, or not like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Lol I got pulled over on the mass pike right before the toll booth where I-90 meets I-84 out in Sturbridge MA....maybe 200 yards away from it for an "illegal lane switch" in November 2016 lm. Can't make this stuff up. No ticket no nothing. Just wanted to find out why there were three black males with dreadlocks and Texas plates.

My roommate from the South Side of Chicago had a hometown friend who drove up to CT to pick us up and complete his roadtrip to Boston. He was a Baylor University Student going to see friends at Bentley and my friend was coming home with me for Thanksgiving since he could afford the flight back home.

So after I explained all this^ to the cop he wanted to know exactly who was from Boston-I said I was and told him my neighborhood. Only then were we free to go.

"Illegal lane switch" in front of a toll booth???????????? Any of yall ever got that one?

Mind you I was going maybe 35-40 MPH at the time. But yea "in the 90s" must be nice to be white...

Old 04-21-2021, 10:55 AM

I’ve easily been pulled over 7 times and I’ve been driving for like 8 years.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
That's profiling, sure. Now tell me, what's the "profile" of a typical Boston-area shooter? And are you OK with thousands more guns on the streets and hundreds more shootings every year in Boston alone as collateral damage if cops stop using the method that most likely results in more gun-related arrests than everything else combined? Do black lives matter, or not like that?
Racial profiling is never okay.

Also we were in Sturbridge, tbh. Any shootings in Sturbridge?

Any black person any where at anytime should be okay getting profiled because black people are primary shooters in Boston? Wow.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:09 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,827 times
Where did I say any black person? Didn't you yourself say three young black males with dreadlocks, most likely not wearing fine Armani suits and listening to Vivaldi, in a rental car with out of state plates in an area known for heavy drug trafficking?

So let's try again - traffic stops are how majority of the criminals get caught, so no profiling and five figures worth of additional shootings and murders nationwide as well as additional thousands of kilos of fentanyl and heroin on the streets as perfectly acceptable collateral damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Racial profiling is never okay.

Also we were in Sturbridge, tbh. Any shootings in Sturbridge?

Any black person any where at anytime should be okay getting profiled because black people are primary shooters in Boston? Wow.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:12 AM

Unfortunately profiling does happen. If a black person is in a majority white community they might be looked at as suspicious. On the other hand a white person looks suspicious in a place like mattapan as well...i actually know cops who have pulled over white guys in roxbury/mattapan for solicitation or drugs.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:16 AM

Do we want cops to stop going after people who look like other people for fear of being racist?

If I was pulled over because I Looked like some psycho killer or robber I would probably just have an exciting story to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston