Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,997,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Yes, it would , but the New Federal Courthouse will certainly fill in nicely as a modern addition to our slowly growing skyline.
I agree. Its funny though, I don't think the entire time I grew up in Buffalo there was ever a tower contructed. Now they have all kinds of new buildings going up. Ever Rochester is getting new buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,347,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese9988 View Post
I agree. Its funny though, I don't think the entire time I grew up in Buffalo there was ever a tower contructed. Now they have all kinds of new buildings going up. Ever Rochester is getting new buildings.

Well, I'm glad it's happening in our lifetime!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 PM

The AVANT construction, edge of the north side of Downtown Buffalo

Old 10-08-2008, 11:05 PM

137 posts, read 316,141 times
I honestly didnt think downtown was ever going to get a face lift like it is now, it is amazing what they are doing. I laugh everytime I think about all the people who say Buffalo is going down the drain. Some quick little facts I know about Buffalo:

1. City Honors is the 11th best school in the nation (both my brothers went there I went to Hutch Tech)
2. Buffalo has some of the cleanest tap water in the nation.
3. According to Men's Health Buffalo is #39 for best place in the nation to raise a family.
5. #1 in the nation for art and culture.

I am in the USMC and I have lived in SC, NC, FL, a ship, and right now I am in africa. There is nothing like Buffalo. I have also been to Spain, Turkey, Isreal, Malta, Greece, Dubia (the most beautiful desert you will ever see) Kuwait, and Bangladesh. They are all great places and have great things about them. Let me tell you when you are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean standing on the flight deck of a ship at night and all the lights are off on the ship the sky is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. But they dont even come close to Buffalo.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,212,979 times
Marine, I don't know if you knew this but the last pieces from inside The Aud were auctioned off by the City. It is being de-constructed, in a few months, the Aud will be gone I will be downtown this weekend to take some pictures.

Behind there (on Marine Dr.) is the newly developed Commercial Slip and other land at the end of Main Street is being prepared for projects along the water. Now the waterfront is walkable from the Erie Basin Marina, the Naval Park, to Main Street.

Not as good as Buffalonian4life's pictures, but here's one I took this summer.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Not as good as Buffalonian4life's pictures, but here's one I took this summer.
HA! Thank you but, your pictures top mine by far! You catch more view of what the picture is of in Buffalo with a careful work that helps the eye envision what it looks like without being there! Congrats to you and you photos Post some more!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
HA! Thank you but, your pictures top mine by far! You catch more view of what the picture is of in Buffalo with a careful work that helps the eye envision what it looks like without being there! Congrats to you and you photos Post some more!

Your kindness is beyond words. I'd love to take my camera everywhere and capture everything I see to share with everyone, thus the truth, there are never as many hours in a day and weeks turns to months.

I must say, your pictures take Buffalo to new heights, while I stand with my feet firmly on the ground.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 PM

259 posts, read 888,480 times
Thought this might be interesting. This is a 1939 pic of the Aud being constructed.

I think that's the commercial slip on the right next to the black building.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockwalliper View Post
Thought this might be interesting. This is a 1939 pic of the Aud being constructed.

I think that's the commercial slip on the right next to the black building.
Thanks for the picture, Dock. Between the two different angles, I believe you are right. A 70-year lapse, though all my life, I've always known where the Aud was. Fond memories. My first "real" date. And soon the lot of land will look as it did in 1939.

A dawning of a new generation in Buffalo.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Your kindness is beyond words. I'd love to take my camera everywhere and capture everything I see to share with everyone, thus the truth, there are never as many hours in a day and weeks turns to months.

I must say, your pictures take Buffalo to new heights, while I stand with my feet firmly on the ground.
Thank you, I try to go and take pictures when I can, and when I do get the chance, I try to capture Buffalo and make sure when I do so, enhance its reputation - especially to outside viewers. - they are astonished at the architecture, construction, and beautifully designed buildings, etc that are seen in the Buffalo pics. Pictures of Buffalo, IMHO, tell millions of words, not just thousands .

And that's why I love your pics, FedupWNY, I always look forward to some more new ones (mainly because I can see things from other people's persepectives and that I don't have much time to take pictures either). So, keep it up !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area