Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 PM

119 posts, read 245,339 times

Advertisements

I'm about to graduate from college and extremely career driven. I don't care if I have to work 60 hours a week to be the best at what I do. I'm a true "type A" personality.

Type A is defined as : highly independent, take charge, decisive, direct, business-like, ambitious, efficient, motivated, persistent, focused, risk taking, practical solution oriented, dislike routine, high achieving, no-nonsense, multitasking, deadline driven and change oriented.

I'm also only attracted to men similar to me. I respect intelligent and savvy men. I'm generally attracted to type A men and men who even exhibit neurosis such as being high strung or a perfectionist.

But from the group of people I know, it seems like most of these men end up with women who have no ambition whatsoever and I wonder if they're attracted to that. They end up with administrative assistants, rich daddies girls who live off trust funds, social workers, nurses, teachers, ex-models, writers, women who went to college but never had careers, etc.

Are professional women in the corporate world not seen as feminine of sexy? In my free time, I dress very feminine and cocktail waitressed for 4 years while in college. When I was cocktailing, I felt like every type of man was attracted to me.

Now, working in a corporate firm doing serious work, I feel like a ghost. Is being a corporate worker and a driven woman unattractive and unfeminine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 PM

119 posts, read 245,339 times
anybody?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM

219 posts, read 541,708 times
I don't find women in the corporate world any different then men in the corporate world. I would not want to date either.

It's not the position, it's the person in the position. I prefer women who are unlike myself; quite frankly I look at myself everyday in the mirror and interact everyday in the business world with people who act like me. So I suppose the answer is a person will have personal affairs with people who either like them because they are the same as they are at work, or are different from the way they are at work.

I guess it all depends on who YOU want to socialize with, then find someone who thinks the same.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
they are people just like anyone else...

Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
If she's attractive she'll be seen as attractive. It's that simple

Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
But from the group of people I know, it seems like most of these men end up with women who have no ambition whatsoever and I wonder if they're attracted to that. They end up with administrative assistants, rich daddies girls who live off trust funds, social workers, nurses, teachers, ex-models, writers, women who went to college but never had careers, etc.
So according to you administraive assistants, social workers, nurses, teachers and writers have no ambition?

Maybe your superior attitude is what they find unattractive

Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Is being a corporate worker and a driven woman unattractive
Yes. In my opinion. There's a lot more to life than work. I wouldn't be attracted to someone who worked 60 hours a week because I have more important things to do during that time that I'd like to do with my partner.

Quote:
and unfeminine?
No

Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:

Are professional women in the corporate world not seen as feminine of sexy? In my free time, I dress very feminine and cocktail waitressed for 4 years while in college. When I was cocktailing, I felt like every type of man was attracted to me.

Now, working in a corporate firm doing serious work, I feel like a ghost. Is being a corporate worker and a driven woman unattractive and unfeminine?

To be completely honest, yes. A lot (not all) of women who have fought their way up the corporate ladder have had to adopt some masculine traits to get there.

And by the way, any woman who says that "we can have it all" is lying to you.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times
Most are in HR which is untouchable.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
I'm about to graduate from college and extremely career driven. I don't care if I have to work 60 hours a week to be the best at what I do. I'm a true "type A" personality.

Type A is defined as : highly independent, take charge, decisive, direct, business-like, ambitious, efficient, motivated, persistent, focused, risk taking, practical solution oriented, dislike routine, high achieving, no-nonsense, multitasking, deadline driven and change oriented.

I'm also only attracted to men similar to me. I respect intelligent and savvy men. I'm generally attracted to type A men and men who even exhibit neurosis such as being high strung or a perfectionist.

first of all, here is something you should already know-
most corporate employers, have "culture workshops" twice a year, and essentially, itt's a facilitator explaining sexual harrassment laws...and after she/he is finished....you realize if you look at a woman too long in the workplace it can be harrassment...so,,men have listened and learned, the workplace should not be the place to approach any supervisors or execs.
also, i find this an odd question...
most woman in the workplace want to be judged on there merits,,not being an object- the worst thing a guy can do is compliment her on her looks as an exec.

you keep all this separate from work-you want to be a professional,,then be professional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business