Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2019, 07:54 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,045,307 times

Advertisements

"Why do Californians have a tendency of getting mad if you say anything negative about California?"

Why do so many posters on city-data make stuff up that is just completely untrue? That's a much more relevant question. Personally, I know LOTS of Californians, and most of them know and acknowledge that there is a lot that isn't going well in the state.

However, they do tend to get upset when people trot out the same ol' , same ol' BS about the state.

Example : "I could never live in Calif, because of all the earthquakes."

CA asks : "oh, where do you live?"

Answer : (a state that has a HUGE natural disaster every 2-3 years, such as evacuations due to hurricanes or tornados)

CA person : "isn't that a case of the kettle calling the pot black arse" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,435,284 times
If your a Communist California is perfect.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:19 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
If your a Communist California is perfect.
You misspelled Komunist, Vega. ‘Your’ [sic] slipping. Pay attention to details if you want to win a following here

Old 10-26-2019, 10:15 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,118,417 times
If a person lives here & wants to criticize, then that is Ok by me, I do not care for people who do not live here & some who have never even visited, making smart ass uninformed commentary, parroted from some radio show. They are stupid, but I mostly ignore them.

Old 10-26-2019, 11:40 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
Not exclusive no, but I notice Californians are especially defensive of their state. Even if you are a Californian like I am, it seems like nobody wants to hear any constructive criticism about California.
Constructive criticism a lot of people can handle. But some of the critiques are just bashing rants.

Old 10-26-2019, 01:31 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,897,485 times
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It’s a big state with a lot of real problems. What I read and hear all the time is the kind of hard right political stereotypical hysteria about California. You get out of greater LA and the Bay Area and it’s really not much different than anywhere else in the country.

Old 10-26-2019, 05:31 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It’s a big state with a lot of real problems. What I read and hear all the time is the kind of hard right political stereotypical hysteria about California. You get out of greater LA and the Bay Area and it’s really not much different than anywhere else in the country.
That's true...if i dropped you into my area and didn't tell you where you were, you'd probably guess Texas...

But we still have to live under all the rules/regulations/taxes/laws/bans/etc that this state loves.......which is why so many leave. No big deal, to each, his own, I always say....

But just bashing has no point IMO, either offer some solutions, stay and help fix things, or get the heck out, life is too short to just b*tch about it.....

Old 10-26-2019, 05:34 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
5 kids and working year after year at the Grocery Outlet, I'd give him a pass just for that particular purgatory he's living.
Yeah, no wonder he's so grumpy...!

Old 10-27-2019, 02:56 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,899,609 times
I haven't noticed most Californians getting particularly defensive or upset when someone criticizes their home state. If you really want to see a reaction, tell a Texan how much Texas sucks There are plenty of Californians who have some complaints about how expensive the state is and about the government in the state so I personally don't see an attitude from them that they think their state is perfect.

I think that most people acknowledge that any state they live in is not perfect. I love where I live (Erie, PA) but the economy here could be a lot better.

Usually when I hear people complain about states, it is cliched complaints that apply only to major cities in a state or a particular region of a state.

Then you have a handful of people who are always going to complain about something either way. I had a co-worker who complained all of the time about Erie: it's too cold, too cloudy, and something is always falling out of the sky (rain/snow). She moved to California and complained all of the time about California: it's too hot, too sunny because she sunburns, and too dry.

You just can't please everyone I guess.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:38 PM

109 posts, read 65,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
I haven't noticed most Californians getting particularly defensive or upset when someone criticizes their home state. If you really want to see a reaction, tell a Texan how much Texas sucks
One good stereotype deserves another I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California