Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 07:32 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Ah. I see we have a visitor over from the knickers-in-a-bunch P&OC crowd. And he's mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!
Poll: Whites and Republicans Rank as Angriest Americans - NBC News

Old 01-24-2016, 07:34 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,632,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The "don't make the Muslims mad lest they become murderers" argument is always the most entertaining bourgeoisie argument. Keep the over-privileged and out-of-touch-with-reality entertainment coming. Oh, wait, you did just that when you went on to tell us that we have to defeat ISIS through convincing argument. That's gold, Jerry. Hilarious stuff.

I have a better idea. How about we put you and everyone like you in a walled off territory with as many Muslims from the general Syria area as we can fit, and you can run your "don't make 'em mad" and "convincing discussion" experiments where the rest of us don't have to be affected by your insane nonsense? Agreed?
Slow night at Stormfront?

Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
All politically meaningless adjectives, to be "sane" and "straightforward" about it. The reality is that he's as liberal as it gets, and that's why you prefer him for the GOP. The second reality is that no one cares who a West Coast liberal would consider for a GOP candidate.
Yes. Nearly 30 years of being elected as a pro-life, anti-gay marriage, anti-union, balanced budget architect, FOX News contributor Republican, who advocates boots on the ground in the fight against ISIS reveals Kasich to be a liberal in sheep's clothing - to a bunch of fanatic wingers.

Quote:
John Kasich spent nearly two decades in Congress and won re-election as Ohio governor by a whopping 30 points last year. He helped write the country’s first balanced budget in decades (1997), worked as a television contributor for Fox,
What does John Kasich believe? Where the candidate stands on 10 issues | PBS NewsHour
Somehow, in spite of his strongly conservative positions, Kasich has managed to maintain a sane sensibility and willingness to govern in the best interests of all Ohioans and Americans rather than be a Cruz-type 'my way or the highway' fanatic. And this makes him an enemy to the extreme right wing nuts.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
The highlighted bullet points are why you are immoral and will be defeated. "Civil Rights" has come to mean demonizing white people down to their very ability to exist as "white" in contrast to the vaunted identities of every other group. It has come to mean nationwide racial agitation for the most specious of individual supposed injustices. It has nothing to do, anymore, with equal rights under the law but it has everything to do with identity politics practiced through a cold racial war as upkept by the liberal political and media establishments.
Um, no. "Civil Rights" has always been very simply and accurately defined, and remains so. Much to the consternation of the Storm Front crowd.

Quote:
"Racial / Religious bigot" has come to mean any protestor against any racial or other group (ie: religious) agenda of the left establishment, no matter how insane or counter to logic, justice, or law that agenda might be. Strict immigration control and enforcement is adherence to the existing law, nothing more or less. Labeling common sense multicultural precautions, rooted in religious idealism, and legal enforcement as bigotry is racial and multicultural radicalism that has become violent at the hands of the persons whom it presumes to agitate on behalf of. The blood is on your hands, not ours.
Also um no. "Racial / Religious bigot" means someone who proposes that specific racial or religious groups be treated and referenced disrespectfully - such as demeaning their character and intentions and worth, even when they are here legally, based solely on being other than white / christians.

"Multicultural precautions"? Heh. No, that's not a bigoted giveaway or nothing. Just common [white] sense, eh?

Chuckle fest.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:48 AM

872 posts, read 596,357 times
Yes- the civil rights movement is a complete failure- its broke and needs to be thrown out including all entitlements!
Lets start educating those that want a degree or trade and let them compete like real humans -based on the content of their character.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Yes- the civil rights movement is a complete failure- its broke and needs to be thrown out including all entitlements!
Lets start educating those that want a degree or trade and let them compete like real humans -based on the content of their character.
Your grasp of the issue is apparent.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:56 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Your grasp of the issue is apparent.

I assume you want one of these > < after that comment? Or am i missing something here.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I assume you want one of these > < after that comment? Or am i missing something here.
I'll never tell. My line speaks for itself.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
Quote:
I'll never tell. My line speaks for itself.
Yeah, but subtlety and nuance are often missed by the average "joe"/ "jane".
I guess that's why we need the silly emoticons.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:06 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Yes. Nearly 30 years of being elected as a pro-life, anti-gay marriage, anti-union, balanced budget architect, FOX News contributor Republican, who advocates boots on the ground in the fight against ISIS reveals Kasich to be a liberal in sheep's clothing - to a bunch of fanatic wingers.

Somehow, in spite of his strongly conservative positions, Kasich has managed to maintain a sane sensibility and willingness to govern in the best interests of all Ohioans and Americans rather than be a Cruz-type 'my way or the highway' fanatic. And this makes him an enemy to the extreme right wing nuts.
Kasich is to the GOP what Jerry Brown is to the Dems - an experienced "old pro" who has handled the challenges of his state as well as anyone who could get elected there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California