Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 09:53 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
It's sick what people have done to the average joe.
You need to grow up but that won't happen living at home. It really isn't fair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 09:55 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh Agent Bear isn't actually a live at home rich boy as he has fictionalized here for the past year or whatever since he appeared . He's one of the longest running shows on the forum by little creatures that live under bridges and snags passersby. It was funny for quite a while, too. By now it's just stale as hell. I have been urging him to create a new persona and new shtick to open a fresh chapter of entertainment for us.
Agreed...Ignore

Old 07-09-2016, 09:56 AM

1,099 posts, read 901,738 times
Quote:
Oh Agent Bear isn't actually a live at home rich boy as he has fictionalized here for the past year or whatever since he appeared . He's one of the longest running shows on the forum by little creatures that live under bridges and snags passersby. It was funny for quite a while, too. By now it's just stale as hell. I have been urging him to create a new persona and new shtick to open a fresh chapter of entertainment for us.
But it is fun pointing out all the flaws in the character he's created.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:19 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
When I travel outside Ca I find people are very friendly. A lot more friendly and relaxed then what I experience daily in OC but I consciously try to not say where I live because I feel like such a fool to still live here.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:37 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
But it is fun pointing out all the flaws in the character he's created.
Was fun. Right.
Stale now. We had our go at it. Ran its course. We need a new character. Same with V8-Vega. One trick ponies. After a while it's time to amuse the masses with a new trick.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:44 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
I'm standing up for the people who work hard as electricians or laborers who make 30,000 a year who could afford homes here in the 50s on 1 income adjusted for inflation but now live in poverty. It's sick what people have done to the average joe.
You're moving the goalposts again. First it was that that 50's electrician could afford a home in any Bay Area city no problem. Now it's "who could afford homes here in the 50's on 1 income adjusted for inflation"

Last edited by RMESMH; 07-09-2016 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: deleted 1 word

Old 07-09-2016, 12:57 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
V8-Vega.
Members suggest to him that if he's so unhappy in California in retirement....Why not leave? From what I've read, he's never replied to that question. He owns his house, and more than one rental. I'd guess it's a combination of -- moving would require doing something....he doesn't want to give up the advantage of the Prop 13 tax base on his properties....and he doesn't want to be a long distance landlord.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:59 PM

430 posts, read 290,926 times
The snobbiness of native Californians. I work at a major Airport in Texas, anytime that I get a flight in my section from Los Angeles, or San Fransisco I always tend to meet some person that has an Entitlement complex, when I tell them that they need to move over to the smoking area (when they're obviously smoking in the non smoking area) they want to complain about moving there or give some sort of attitude. Whenever I tell them that they need to move over to the Passenger Pick up area, they want to stay right where they are (if the person picks them up in the Authorized only area they get a ticket). Also add to the fact that there's the Hollywood aspect with the glitz and glamour that makes it hard to relate with people like me, the amount of Californians to move to my state (Texas) and drive up the cost of living (Austin is a perfect example of this), and just the absurd restrictiveness of laws. I just don't care about California, the only place I could bear to go to San Diego, which is what I did a month ago.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:14 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienlester View Post
The snobbiness of native Californians. I work at a major Airport in Texas, anytime that I get a flight in my section from Los Angeles, or San Fransisco I always tend to meet some person that has an Entitlement complex, when I tell them that they need to move over to the smoking area (when they're obviously smoking in the non smoking area) they want to complain about moving there or give some sort of attitude. Whenever I tell them that they need to move over to the Passenger Pick up area, they want to stay right where they are (if the person picks them up in the Authorized only area they get a ticket). Also add to the fact that there's the Hollywood aspect with the glitz and glamour that makes it hard to relate with people like me, the amount of Californians to move to my state (Texas) and drive up the cost of living (Austin is a perfect example of this), and just the absurd restrictiveness of laws. I just don't care about California, the only place I could bear to go to San Diego, which is what I did a month ago.
Lmfao. Yeah. "Entitlement complex" isn't a natural, common human condition. Just Californians.

By the way, sport, what is driving up the prices of real estate in Austin is tech industry population flooding in as industry there grows demanding that demographic. If West Virginia turned out the most suitable software engineers your prices would go up the same as they moved in. But do blame it on California.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:19 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienlester View Post
Ironically, my wife and I are looking to Austin as an area to relocate to. We pushed back a little on our initial plans (which would have been in the next year or two), but we will definitely be visiting next summer (we plan on renting out our house here and trying Austin out for a couple of years to see if we like it). Unlike you, I am not going to stereotype an entire group of people based on a few jerks. With that said, I can't say I exactly got a very welcoming vibe from many of the posters on the Austin board (again, it's just some clowns on the internet so in no way will I extrapolate the way they behaved to the whole). Laughably, one was a realtor. I thought to myself at the time...what a strange way to get business as I made a note of her name (perhaps it's an alias, but any realtor with her first name will not be getting our business...pretty dumb if you ask me but she's probably independently wealthy and does the real estate thing as a hobby...yeah right).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California