Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 07:04 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
If the state of Oregon regrets bordering California, I give them permission to move. Just print this out and show it if there are any problems ...
If I remember correctly they wanted to put up a fence between the two states in 1970.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Default Why do People Outside California seem to have a Chip on their Shoulder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
The most depressing part for midwestern tourist is the landing back to their flat, boring, nothing-going-on small town of theirs.
Perhaps this is why.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:14 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
I live here and hate it's bs such as unaffordable homes
But you did say you live at home with your parents and don't pay rent (with no desire to leave), so it doesn't affect you.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:18 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
But you did say you live at home with your parents and don't pay rent (with no desire to leave), so it doesn't affect you.
Yes it does. I might have a high net worth relative to those in my generation but comparing myself to a happy 1950s family consisting of an electrician and a housewife with 2 kids I'm deep into poverty since they can afford a home no problem in any Bay Area city while I'm completely priced out.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Yes it does. I might have a high net worth relative to those in my generation but comparing myself to a happy 1950s family consisting of an electrician and a housewife with 2 kids I'm deep into poverty since they can afford a home no problem in any Bay Area city while I'm completely priced out.
But you live at home with your parents (with no desire to leave), rent free and are just looking to inherit the home from them. That's was my understanding from your many threads, so it doesn't impact you at all. Your reality is not their reality. You can't be priced out if you have no intention of buying. And if you did have any intention of buying, it would be pretty easy for you. How many people have the opportunity to save for years while they live rent free at home? Hell, I'd be retired 10 years ago if I could do that.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
But you live at home with your parents (with no desire to leave), rent free and are just looking to inherit the home from them. That's was my understanding from your many threads, so it doesn't impact you at all. Your reality is not their reality. You can't be priced out if you have no intention of buying.
So in other words despite my assets I'm
Poorer than them correct?

Old 07-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
So in other words despite my assets I'm
Poorer than them correct?
Uh, no. I think what you meant to say is if we don't count your assets (not despite....might want to look up the definition of the word). But why would we do that? You live at home and you don't pay rent. That should make it extremely easy to buy a house here. You yourself claimed in another thread that you should be able to save $6 million.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Uh, no.
How am I Not poorer than them? Sure I could easily pay for an unexpected expense but I don't own a home. I'm basically in the same
Situation as a renting hipster, starving artist, or a hobo.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
How am I Not poorer than them? Sure I could easily pay for an unexpected expense but I don't own a home. I'm basically in the same
Situation as a renting hipster, starving artist, or a hobo.
Uh, no you're not. What was it you said you were making..$50K a year. So based on your comment and the interest you felt you could get on the market (roughly 7%), if you put away $40K of that per year, you would have a completely paid off home in under 15 years...EASY!

Old 07-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Uh, no you're not. What was it you said you were making..$50K a year. So based on your comment and the interest you felt you could get on the market (roughly 7%), if you put away $40K of that per year, you would have a completely paid off home in under 15 years...EASY!
Yeah but they wouldn't give me a mortgage with my income
And the Bay Area housing market is a moving target
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California