Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a secession?
Absolutely. 88 40.37%
I would vote against it, but would stay in California regardless of the outcome. 46 21.10%
I would vote against it, and leave if California seceded. 84 38.53%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 08:50 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times

Advertisements

Isn't it funny that Trump is the "reason" for the growth in support. Yet no Red State started a movement to leave when Obama was elected and they had to deal with the problems he created and still exist. Trump will be round 4 to 8 years, so a silly reason to try and leave. This thread is a funny one for sure.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:58 AM

911 posts, read 591,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The question was not about business creation, but about the number of business moving INTO CA. What major business has moved INTO CA in the last decade? Many have moved out.
There wasnt any question at all. There was a flat out refutation of the historically accurate reality that businesses move around from place to place all the time. And the linked story verifies that truth. The rate of departure has been measured as average for all states. And however many have moved out, the rate of replacement has been higher than the ntional average. By any thorough study of the numbers California businesses continue to grow in number, productivity, and employment at a rate considerably higher than the national average resulting in aggressive economic growth and advantage for the state. Sensationalist articles make headlines that sell. Research tells the true story.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Isn't it funny that Trump is the "reason" for the growth in support. Yet no Red State started a movement to leave when Obama was elected and they had to deal with the problems he created and still exist. Trump will be round 4 to 8 years, so a silly reason to try and leave. This thread is a funny one for sure.
What difference does this make with regard to reactions to Obama? Whether you agree or not with Obamas policies he was not a mentallly ill moron who intentionally and aggressively offended people and cultures left and right while telling lies at a remarkable rate of 70% of his statements. Nor did Obama specifically, publicly, overtley target California as an adversary to be defeated.

Besides this your claim is flat out wrong:
Quote:
Here's a list of states where residents have filed secession petitions in recent days: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, ...Nov 13, 2012
Residents In More Than 30 States File Secession Petitions | The ...
Quote:
If you’re unhappy that Barack Obama was re-elected President last week, there’s always secession. At least that’s the solution advocated by the nearly 100,000 Texans who have signed a petition for secession first posted on the White House website Nov. 9. And they’re not alone. Since Obama won a second term, Americans from all 50 states have submitted similar secession petitions, each containing some version of this request: “Peacefully grant the State of __________ to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.”
Obama’s Re-Election Inspires Southern Secessionists | TIME.com
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012..._for_secession

Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
And do you think that would be punitive or even noticed?
I would not care.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I would not care.
Neither would California.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:30 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
What difference does this make with regard to reactions to Obama? Whether you agree or not with Obamas policies he was not a mentallly ill moron who intentionally and aggressively offended people and cultures left and right while telling lies at a remarkable rate of 70% of his statements. Nor did Obama specifically, publicly, overtley target California as an adversary to be defeated.
No, Obama just bombed 7 countries, utterly destabilized 4 of them, and his administration is directly responsible for creating millions of refugees, hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties, and he is the ONLY president in history to have conducted a drone strike on a US Citizen completely ignoring the 6th amendment.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:

This is interesting and I never heard it on the news. It is quite telling that no State has ever been able to do so.

OH, no mentally ill moron was elected. Hillary lost.

Note, both qualify to one degree or another.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:29 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:

Hilarious that they're trying to secession is uniquely Californian thing knowing damn well Rick Perry, the governor at the time actually mentioned it, some our governor hasn't done (yet?). Texas were driving around with stickers that said "secede" on their cars, something I don't see Californians doing (again yet?).

Now I have no problem with Texas wanting to secede if they ever decide to pursue that path again so I'm not making fun of them.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:35 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Hilarious that they're trying to secession is uniquely Californian thing knowing damn well Rick Perry, the governor at the time actually mentioned it, some our governor hasn't done (yet?). Texas were driving around with stickers that said "secede" on their cars, something I don't see Californians doing (again yet?).

Now I have no problem with Texas wanting to secede if they ever decide to pursue that path again so I'm not making fun of them.
Plus Texas is actually capable of doing it if they forced the issue, and California cannot even under the best of circumstances.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
This is interesting and I never heard it on the news. It is quite telling that no State has ever been able to do so.

OH, no mentally ill moron was elected. Hillary lost.

Note, both qualify to one degree or another.
Dont know how you could have missed it. Major news topic of the day on all media. Conversations daily on talk radio. Etc.

Hillary certainly did lose. But to say the mentally ill moron won would be substantially misleading. He slid in with an ugly minority glitch through a flawed electoral system - and only because HRC was such a dismally flawed candidate. However flawed she was though, she is no moron nor mentally disturbed. She is a brilliantly consumate and extraordinarily experienced individual who missed her boat eight years previously as the present climate demanded her genre of charades be retired.

None of which bears on the topic except that the orange moron has openly declared war on California. Which Obama never did against Texas or any other state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post

Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California