Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:06 PM

28 posts, read 66,850 times

Advertisements

jeez this thread is old -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:36 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4000 View Post
excuse me I really beg to differ on Paradise being paradise...the weather here sucks it's 100* every single day in the summer
Wild exaggeration, not so. In an average year Paradise will experience 60-65 days when the temperature will be 90 or above, most of them in July and August. Days of 100 are rare. Below is a good link with extensive climatic data going back more than half a century for Paradise and almost every other city or town of any size in the West.
PARADISE, CALIFORNIA - Climate Summary

Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 AM

I live here - all those speculators are wrong - I have been here 6 years and it's 100* in the summer. This place has the worst weather of anywhere I have lived, soon as the heat goes it will be freezing and snowing...there are 2-3 months worth of nice weather here each year.

Last edited by m4000; 04-16-2011 at 11:15 AM..

Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Days of 100 are rare.
please ....you obviously don't know jack about "Paradise".

Old 04-16-2011, 11:31 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Quote:
Thanks you for noticing. The OP has probably graduated by now.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
You are right, I wonder why none of us picked up that but as far as the weather in Paradise, you are all wet. It is rarely anywhere near 100 degrees, certainly not all summer and the winters although frosty are really sunny and very nice much of the time. I guess you have never lived anywhere with really cool wintersa and hot summers. Paradise has great weather overall with almost no snow.

Nita

Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 PM

I live here it gets 100* all summer long - I don't go by charts I go by living here.
almost no snow you say ? it snows all the time here in the winter and is gloomy most of the year.
We just had 6 months of straight gloom and now we will have a very short spring then it will heat up
it's so hot I could not enjoy my convertible.

The weather here is so bad from one extreme to the next I am moving to the Central Coast.

From Bakersfield all the way to Redding in The Central Valley and Paradise is just 10 minutes from
all that heat in Chico...at least in Chico it don't snow.

Just a week or two ago we had a hail storm here in Paradise...

The weather here is not desirable at all.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
I live here it gets 100* all summer long - I don't go by charts I go by living here.
almost no snow you say ? it snows all the time here in the winter and is gloomy most of the year.
We just had 6 months of straight gloom and now we will have a very short spring then it will heat up
it's so hot I could not enjoy my convertible.

The weather here is so bad from one extreme to the next I am moving to the Central Coast.

From Bakersfield all the way to Redding in The Central Valley and Paradise is just 10 minutes from
all that crappy weather in Chico...at least in Chico it don't snow.

Just a week or two ago we had a hail storm here in Paradise...

The weather here is not desirable at all.
I own property in Paradise, my parents lived there for many years, I have been there for days on end everytime of the year. Hail storms are nothing like snow. I have never seen it snow when temps are in the 80s and I have never seen hail when the temps are in the 30s. It does not snow all the time in Paradise and no, the summers are not 100 degrees all summer. I think you are smoking too much of something. You may not like the weather, that is your choice, but to exagerate makes you look pretty silly. I have seen snow in Paradise a few times ( I am not talking an occassional snow shower at the higher elevations outside of Paradise, I am talking Paradise itself) I have seen maybe one day where the temps hit 100 degress. Yes, you did have a heavy snow or heavy for the area in Feb. This can happen almost anythere. We usually get about 8 inches of snow a year but got closer to 30 this year, but not even here could it be said it snows all winter. You had a bad year.
Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 04-16-2011 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-16-2011, 01:07 PM

have any more insults ? I have been here everyday for 6 years, this place is for the dead and dying.

You saw one day of 100* ? I think you are the one smoking something...better not get caught in Arky they will cut your balls off if you have any.

Last edited by m4000; 04-16-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 PM

with all these trees here in *Paradise* you would think some of the birds knew how to sing...not the case they are as dysfunctional as the rest of the zeroes here.

good thing I didn't buy anything here....6 years ago i sold my home in San Jose
and have been waiting all this time to buy something, I have been all over California looking
and decided The Central Coast would be for me.

you can have it, this place is going to all burn up anyways, 2 years ago we almost did
burn up, we had Fire trucks from all over California here...I saw one from Beverly Hills !

I guess the last 5 years have been bad all over the country.

If the weather was not so messed up here with the heat and snow I might wait for the double dip to come...
Nah this place is for the dead and dying...I want to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California