Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 10:53 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the funny thing is I don't even like Newsom all that much but he's doing something and given all the nutters in this state who fight him every day I think he's doing a good job.
I completely agree.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:57 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Every time I hear the Govenor talk I want to scream TOASTMASTERS!!!
Caroline Kennedy can't make a public speech to save her life, even though she's brilliant. We can't judge people on how well they speak publicly. In fact, Obama--whom I actually admire--got away with a lot more than he should have simply because he was a master orator. Who cares of Newsom isn't that eloquent? He just needs to do his job, not speak gracefully about it.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:31 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
In my opinion, the main point of a Newsom recall would be to put an indelible FAILURE mark on him, to ruin his bid for President in "2028".

The current governor makes a easy target to blame for Coronavirus / Lockdown woes. He shuts down the restaurant/retail industry and makes my whole family unemployed; at the same time he's tinking champagne glasses at the French Laundry and laughing at the plight of us peons.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:36 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
CA is the nation's hoptspot right now with two region's at 0% ICU capacity and the Bay Area almost at 0%. Terrible economy and strict restrictions. Yet people in here still think he's doing a good job. It's weird how some people don't care about actual tangible results.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:41 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Oh he's great!!!! The media had him on yesterday talking about a couple gorillas in the San Diego zoo with Covid....they gave him that time...why not the Zoo people talking about this if they want it aired? The governor???? I signed the petition.....on getting rid of Mr. French Laundry.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:09 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Caroline Kennedy can't make a public speech to save her life, even though she's brilliant. We can't judge people on how well they speak publicly. In fact, Obama--whom I actually admire--got away with a lot more than he should have simply because he was a master orator. Who cares of Newsom isn't that eloquent? He just needs to do his job, not speak gracefully about it.
Lol! I agree and I don't judge him about his speech - I had a speech impediment when I was a kid and still get tounge tangled sometimes. It seems like it would benefit him if he worked at correcting the speech issue and I think Toastmasters would be a good place to start!
I reinterate; not voting to recall him and for good or bad, I don't think anyone else would do any better with the covid issue. The populace has to take their responsibility for the spread of the virus but it's always easier to blame someone else.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:17 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Changing horses midstream right now while Newsom is working on accelerating the rollout of the vaccines will only delay and distract from COVID response. A recall is horribly ill-advised right now.

When is the timing right? Recalling an official is supposed to be extreme. I disagree that the vaccine rollout would suffer because counties are setting their own guidelines anyway. Newsom's absence wouldn't change anything. Remember too, it was Newsom who formed that panel to add a redundant layer of security to the FDA's/CDC approval of the vaccine. Did you notice how the results of that weren't widely circulated? The official press release made it sound like this group of scientists had a zoom meeting and confirmed little to nothing more other than just echoing the known findings. Total waste of time.

Besides, if it's ill-advised right now, the state legislature could write a law to modify the state constitution to limit when recalls can happen, I guess.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:20 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
When is the timing right? Recalling an official is supposed to be extreme. I disagree that the vaccine rollout would suffer because counties are setting their own guidelines anyway. Newsom's absence wouldn't change anything. Remember too, it was Newsom who formed that panel to add a redundant layer of security to the FDA's/CDC approval of the vaccine. Did you notice how the results of that weren't widely circulated? The official press release made it sound like this group of scientists had a zoom meeting and confirmed little to nothing more other than just echoing the known findings. Total waste of time.

Besides, if it's ill-advised right now, the state legislature could write a law to modify the state constitution to limit when recalls can happen, I guess.
That was total grandstanding and it worked. His supporters eat that crap up.

And now he supports impeaching Trump/removing him from office because that matters and he has an actual say in it.

*Look at Newsom protecting me from big bad Trump!*

Old 01-12-2021, 12:21 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Caroline?? I don't think I've heard her much but I know RFK, Jr has speech issues due to a health condition he deals with.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:23 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post

If Kounalakis goes after Newsom, she just isn't burning bridges with Newsom, she is alienating the people who are in Newsom's camp and owe him favors. Kounalakis has family money, that has gotten her were she is today, but she doesn't have a strong base of supporters anywhere. You are interested enough to comment on politics and you still don't know that much about her, how much do you think less informed voters in the state know about her? Her dad has money, but 600 million dollars isn't the same as tech billionaire money either. Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner, lots of other people with bigger bank rolls have tried and not succeeded in using their fortune to buy political office in California. It takes a lot of money to buy name recognition when you don't have it.

That is why I am saying she doesn't go after Newsom.

Would it be going after him though or would (whoever) being named as the Democratic party choice on the recall ticket just be necessity? I mean, *someone* has to be on the ticket and it's better to have a single candidate named for the party to back than a wide open field where the vote gets split six different ways.

Honestly, I think Newsom could beat the recall so it's probably moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California