Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 10:25 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
It's no longer in the government's hands because every restriction they made has been a drastic failure and punished the law abiding class while the elite and thugs got total free reign over society. The great hope of the vaccines have been a failure. Now it's upon individuals to assess their own risk and live accordingly. I decided not to get boosted after seeing how the vaccines are a failure and how low risk my demographic is for Covid complications. I've been living it up normally, traveled in 3 states last week, and went to a house party with 18 people for NYE. If I get a few sniffles and a little fever for a day or two, so be it. If I am one of the very rare people in my demographic who gets severe Covid, I'll accept responsibility for that and not blame others unlike the criminal class who are coddled and made excuses for when they do things that are far more dangerous to society than Covid.
Yep sounds good to me. I’m done with the vax too. I eat healthy, take vitamins and exercise….. That seems to work for me.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:32 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Yep sounds good to me. I’m done with the vax too. I eat healthy, take vitamins and exercise….. That seems to work for me.
I guess you like playing Russian roulette

Old 01-01-2022, 10:40 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I guess you like playing Russian roulette

Death rate IF I were to get Covid for my demographic = about 1 in 20,000.

Death rate for Russian Rulette = 1 in 6.

There's the quality of life issue as well: a true lockdown can work if it's done for a definite about of time such as 6 weeks with hard rules enforced on everyone equally if they know they will return to their normal lives afterwards. In other words, the society has to be 100 percent law abiding like Singapore with absolutely zero tolerance for ANY crime. Not the U.S. so why keep punishing the productive who are in the prime of their lives with endless restrictions?

Anyway, even if we were hypothetically able to do a hard lockdown that included thug class, it would still be too late too to eliminate Covid at this point as it's widespread in animal reservoirs and keeps mutating to evade the vaccines so endless boosters won't end it either. The only way is to live with the risk while researching better treatments and vaccines.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Death rate IF I were to get Covid for my demographic = about 1 in 20,000.

Death rate for Russian Rulette = 1 in 6.

There's the quality of life issue as well: a true lockdown can work if it's done for a definite about of time such as 6 weeks with hard rules enforced on everyone equally if they know they will return to their normal lives afterwards. In other words, the society has to be 100 percent law abiding like Singapore with absolutely zero tolerance for ANY crime. Not the U.S. so why keep punishing the productive who are in the prime of their lives with endless restrictions?
Who said I was talking about lockdowns in my response? I was referring to Finper's mention of being done with the vaccine. And yes, it can significantly reduce your risk for death but also severe illness and hospitalization. But, I guess some people think they know more about this than epidemiologists.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Who said I was talking about lockdowns in my response? I was referring to Finper's mention of being done with the vaccine. And yes, it can significantly reduce your risk for death but also severe illness and hospitalization. But, I guess some people think they know more about this than epidemiologists.
You do you and I’ll do me

Old 01-01-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:

For healthy people 25-35, the risk of the vaccine and the risk of Covid is pretty much a wash.
For those under 25, the risk of the vaccine is higher than the risk of Covid.

Vaccine is helpful for older and middle aged folks though. I got my J & J back in May and won't be getting any boosters unless they mandate it for something I want to do. And if i had kids, there is NO WAY I'd give them a vaccine that might pose a bigger risk to them than Covid itself.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You do you and I’ll do me
Maybe you should then stay out of public if you want to do you, instead of putting others at risk with your anti-vaccine / anti-mask views. That would be doing you.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:49 PM

Quote:
For healthy people 25-35, the risk of the vaccine and the risk of Covid is pretty much a wash.
For those under 25, the risk of the vaccine is higher than the risk of Covid.

Vaccine is helpful for older and middle aged folks though. I got my J & J back in May and won't be getting any boosters unless they mandate it for something I want to do. And if i had kids, there is NO WAY I'd give them a vaccine that might pose a bigger risk to them than Covid itself.
Where do you get that vaccines pose a bigger risk? That is laughable. How many people in this country have died or have had severe side effects from the vaccine vs getting COVID itself?

Old 01-01-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Where do you get that vaccines pose a bigger risk? That is laughable. How many people in this country have died or have had severe side effects from the vaccine vs getting COVID itself?

Depends entirely on the demographic. If you're 50 + or an overweight 40 year old, yes, the risk of Covid is substantially higher than the risk of the vaccine. If you're a healthy teenage boy, it's at best, pointless to vaccinate them, at worst, it's borderline criminal to give them a vaccine that is more likely to cause injury than Covid itself. That's why Newsom let his kids get Covid and refuses to vaccinate them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...suggests-study

Old 01-01-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should then stay out of public if you want to do you, instead of putting others at risk with your anti-vaccine / anti-mask views. That would be doing you.
I repeat you do you I’ll do me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California