Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 05:24 PM

225 posts, read 469,638 times

Advertisements

Well put Chuck5000. You tell them, cowboy.

I don't know if James Aldred is involved in the site or not, but I hope he isn't y'all. And I don't know if his Hyperion climb was illegal or not, but it might have been. If anyone has any more suspects 'bout who might be behind the leak sites, post their names here y'all.

Last edited by OldManWinter; 11-01-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 07:39 PM

A new web site popped up y'all as some location leakers want to discuss the leaking of redwood trees. Just found it in my nightly google search for clues.

Famous Redwoods including Hyperion, Helios, Del Norte Titan, Iluvatar, Grove of Titans and more

famousredwoods.org

Looks like some tree location leakers want us all to meet up with them to debate whether or not 'tis cool to leak trees.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:31 AM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
A new web site popped up y'all as some location leakers want to discuss the leaking of redwood trees. Just found it in my nightly google search for clues.
OldManWinter,

Guess you're actually referring to this site, aren't you?

Famous Redwoods - Hyperion Tree, Helios Tree, and more

famousredwoods.com

Now I don't know who's behind that site, but my prime suspects are redwood insiders with big egos such as M. D. Vaden, Steve Hall and others... They know where the tallest and largest redwoods are and have boasted extensively about their various searches and discoveries, inciting others to go out and find those trees. Some of them even have tree-related forum posts under different names.

They should have remained silent if their aim was to protect those trees… Now the secret is out and the damage is done.

Let's wait and see how long it takes until poor Helios' location gets revealed.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:28 PM

BigRedwood, I don't think that Mario Vaden or Steve Hall are behind the sites. And no I was referring actually to famousredwoods.org, not the site you posted about. Famousredwoods.org is another site uploaded and the location leakers appear to want to meet up to discuss leaking and have debates about posting locations.

BigRedwood I might be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion you might be involved in someway. Specially since you accuse some of the most noble people in the tree searchers club.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:43 AM

Imma take a not-too-wild guess here and say that BigRedwood = David Mickelson of the famousredwoods.org fame.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:50 PM

A little bird informed me that David Mickelson is not behind the new leaks. He only leaked all the Grove of Titans stuff apparently. Guess everyone is back to square one. But word is that that the person is being closed in on from all sides and he/she doesn't have very many places left to hide.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:54 PM

Hey folksies I gotta say I've been laughing my butt off at the FR people. They can't even find Helios. Granted I can't find it either but these peeps think they are such hot stuff and they can't even find the #2 tree in the world. What a bunch of jokers.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:51 AM

82 posts, read 329,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedwood View Post
Now I don't know who's behind that site, but my prime suspects are redwood insiders with big egos such as M. D. Vaden, Steve Hall and others... They know where the tallest and largest redwoods are and have boasted extensively about their various searches and discoveries, inciting others to go out and find those trees. Some of them even have tree-related forum posts under different names.

They should have remained silent if their aim was to protect those trees… Now the secret is out and the damage is done.
Hard to say about boasting extensively, because much of the stuff boils down to sharing facts and adventures. More or less what thousands of people do at other blogs, facebook, etc.. But unless you are opining from hearsay, it sounds like you extensively follow them.

Two you named have websites already providing their own "microphone" which has already gone on and off confrontationally quite a few times. One in particular has hammered at individuals, a ranger or two, and even some research climbing frequency. It seems like you extensively follow them for your own wants, but not past that. Their sites seem to suffice.

I take it you never read The Wild Trees or saw the National Geographic about the redwoods. Because those spread the identifies of some redwoods world wide. Preston's book is on most redwood park visitor center bookshelves. So where is the need for silence? Someone would only say that if they were unfamiliar with that book, the television specials and videos.

Quote:
BigRedwood

BigRedwood I might be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion you might be involved in someway. Specially since you accuse some of the most noble people in the tree searchers club.
They had but "1" post when you replied, so the "extensively" thing they said is a possible connection, aside from trying to go on your gut-instinct. The only part obvious they acknowledged is that they "don't know".

Last edited by Obi_Wan_Kenobi; 12-06-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Old 12-07-2015, 10:44 AM

Obi_Wan can you share your list of suspects with us all as far as who is behind the FR site? Let's get the suspects names out into the open and review the data from beginning to end. Maybe we can even get Taylor or Mario to chime in with there beliefs on the subject matter.

That FR site makes me laugh my butt off over and over again. They are failures. They outright display the factoid that they can't find Helios or Juggernaut. LOSERS.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:05 PM

82 posts, read 329,919 times
Quote:
Obi_Wan can you share your list of suspects with us all as far as who is behind the FR site? Let's get the suspects names out into the open and review the data from beginning to end. Maybe we can even get Taylor or Mario to chime in with there beliefs on the subject matter.

That FR site makes me laugh my butt off over and over again. They are failures. They outright display the factoid that they can't find Helios or Juggernaut. LOSERS.
Have no names to add. I am not under the impression that they have or haven't found Helios. There's nothing I read that says it couldn't be one of the better-known tree network. If it was one of them and they posted a find already, it could narrow-down suspicion. So without knowing who it is, there doesn't seem proof they have not found it.

For the other redwood, apparently they misidentified the nomenclature or even identity because there should be a small burl on the left about 25 feet high and no extra small stems near the base. At least the one photo I saw elsewhere shows a different shape altogether.

I this is a repeat of looking for the wrong stuff. Remember the scuttlebutt over a year ago when gobs of people tried to connect dots that were unconnectable? May be the same thing.

To clarify ... what I wrote is based on a photo I found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California