Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 11:22 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
That's fresh Mr. Vaden to hear that you are more into tracking down new trees rather than just following with the new masses headed to the leaked trees locations. I think the biggest discovery this decade has been Behemoth of Lost Man Creek. That tree is incredible!!! Props to our good friend Mr. Graham for finding it while tracking down Hyperion up Lost Man Creek and Little Lost Man Creek. Lost Man Creek sure has some gems!
My friend Kiera flew into Humboldt from San Diego last week and we finally had a chance for a photo at GF redwood. Been waiting over a year for that one.

Also met three other guys for the first time face to face, and we checked out some redwood forest together.

Here's a shot of the Eel River near Miranda.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyperion: Tallest Redwood: Heard hide or hair? Scuttlebutt?-eel_1_1100mdv.jpg  

Old 01-06-2016, 11:12 AM

225 posts, read 469,638 times
That's fresh Mr. Vaden. Fresh picture. Is Kiera that ultra gorgeous babe pictured on some of your redwoods pages?

With all the rains I'm betting that Lost Man Creek cannot be passed thru at this time and thus vegetation will not be trampled much for the next months 'round places like Behemoth of Lost Man Creek and Hyperion.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Mr. Graham would you mind leaking the GPS coordinates for Behemoth of Lost Man Creek?

Old 01-11-2016, 10:28 PM

Mr. Vaden, how does one go about applying for a date with Kiera? Is she on match.com or one of the other sites?

Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
Mr. Vaden, how does one go about applying for a date with Kiera? Is she on match.com or one of the other sites?
I've never browsed that site, so not sure. She has an extra FB page under a pseudonym, but it's been a while since new content was posted.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:20 PM

87 posts, read 164,332 times
OldManWinter - regarding hiking in Lost Man creek and the steep tall hillsides that surround it, you have a good point. I would sum it up with two statements:
1. Do not hike in there alone (steep, giant logs, rocks in the creek, etc. It is called Lost Man for a reason).
2. Do not hike in there when it is raining or when it has recently rained (see 1. above then multiple the risk X 3).

Mark

Old 01-13-2016, 10:06 AM

Mr. Graham thank u for the helpful advice. I will stay away from Lost Man Creek and Hyperion for a while based on that info and all the rains the redwoods have been getting. By the way Mr. Graham would you mind leaking the GPS coordinates for the major discovery of Behemoth of Lost Man Creek? I'd like to visit that monster tree next time in.

That would be neat, too, if there was a way to get autographed photos of Mr. Vaden, Mr. Graham, Mr. Taylor, Mr. Hall, and Mr. Sillett. Do any of all y'all sell those on your sites?

Old 01-13-2016, 05:20 PM

OldManWinter

I just have an approximate GPS so would not be helpful. This redwood, which I have called the "Behemoth", is a nice redwood but is not one of the tallest or largest. However for sure it is a great tree and is representative of what can be found in the general Lost Man area.

To hike in the "Behemoth's" vicinity go up the south slope above Lost Man at the point where Lost Man Trail crosses over to the south side of Lost Man Creek. It is not very far up but the hill is very steep and there are lots of big logs and ancient piles of branches. So would advise against hiking in there alone, too dangerous, especially this time of year when the ground is slippery.

Mark

Old 01-13-2016, 05:34 PM

OldMan Winter

I just have an approximate location for the redwood tree I have called the "Behemoth". If you follow this thread back to July 24 2015 I describe the approximate location. I would definitely avoid hiking in there alone, particularly this time of year when everything is slippery. Again the Behemoth is not among the largest or tallest but it is a nice tree.

You are funny with your autograph comment, some tongue-in-cheek there I am sure.

I think the people you have listed have web sites for research or to share their appreciation and enthusiasm for all that is to be found in the redwood forest.

There is the one FR site, that one throws out stats and pictures but is soulless in terms of forest appreciation. And the owner of that site will not stand up and be known, which is not ethical, in my opinion.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:32 AM

Thank you kindly, Mr. Graham for leaking those details. I would like to see Mr. Vaden and Mr. Hall also do a write-up on Behemoth of Lost Man Creek when they have time. Mr. Vaden has not added much to his Hyperion searcher clues page lately and Mr. Hall hasn't updated since 2014. All y'all are famous, why did you think the autographs comment is a joke?

If any of all y'all are reading this and want to join me to go up Lost Man Creek and find Behemoth of Lost Man Creek and Hyperion after in April, well let me know. We can plan an expedition Into the Wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California