Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 AM

514 posts, read 687,292 times

Advertisements

I think that was an ad hominem attack, used by those who have lost the argument, that you don't know what highnlite means is understandable, I doubt you spend much time ski mountaineering.

Using the term illegal apologist based on my posts is irrational. Illegals contribute billions per year to this state, remove them if you wish, I care not a whit, but, stand by for the Ghosttown which once was California.

And I do care about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 09:21 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
I think that was an ad hominem attack, used by those who have lost the argument, that you don't know what highnlite means is understandable, I doubt you spend much time ski mountaineering.

Using the term illegal apologist based on my posts is irrational. Illegals contribute billions per year to this state, remove them if you wish, I care not a whit, but, stand by for the Ghosttown which once was California.

And I do care about that.
Actually, I spent years mountaineering in the military and my first guess for "highnlite" would actually have been paragliding or untra-lite flying. I used to skydive but never used the term for that!

In reality and seriousness, it appears to be CA that's losing/has lost the argument.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Mountaineering in the military!, yes I know that well, having taught the poor Marines (big white skis, big white boots, a wedge turn at best on a good day) at Bridgeport. What they do is to mountaineering what sheep herding is to Rodeo.

It is hard to say that a 36 billion dollar a year industry in the state of California is somehow, "losing" an argument, but I guess some can say it.

and gee whiz, lets round up those illegals, ship them back to Mexico, Then we can buy our fruits, vegetables, and wine from Mexico, and China, gee, won't that be good for America!

Great Idea.

You see, here is the problem, there are those who see illegals as a huge problem, and they may very well be, or they may be the greatest gift to the US since the Statue of Liberty. It is actually an irrelevant argument, unless you have some method of solving the US dependency on their labor, America is stuck with them.

And unless the Mexican economy is fixed, more will come, and as climate change lowers the corn crop acreage in Mexico, thus driving the price of corn, already high due to ethanol, even higher, even more will come, over the decades, it is estimated that 7 million Mexican citizens will come to the US due solely to the effects of climate change.

So, quit bitching and propose a solution, then work to get it adopted, until then, enjoy your food, and thank the illegals.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Mountaineering in the military!, yes I know that well, having taught the poor Marines (big white skis, big white boots, a wedge turn at best on a good day) at Bridgeport. What they do is to mountaineering what sheep herding is to Rodeo.

It is hard to say that a 36 billion dollar a year industry in the state of California is somehow, "losing" an argument, but I guess some can say it.

and gee whiz, lets round up those illegals, ship them back to Mexico, Then we can buy our fruits, vegetables, and wine from Mexico, and China, gee, won't that be good for America!

Great Idea.

You see, here is the problem, there are those who see illegals as a huge problem, and they may very well be, or they may be the greatest gift to the US since the Statue of Liberty. It is actually an irrelevant argument, unless you have some method of solving the US dependency on their labor, America is stuck with them.

And unless the Mexican economy is fixed, more will come, and as climate change lowers the corn crop acreage in Mexico, thus driving the price of corn, already high due to ethanol, even higher, even more will come, over the decades, it is estimated that 7 million Mexican citizens will come to the US due solely to the effects of climate change.

So, quit bitching and propose a solution, then work to get it adopted, until then, enjoy your food, and thank the illegals.
Yeah, well, Army Ranger training consisted of a bit more than just rudimentary mountaineering but that's neither here nor there.

At least we cleared out space for at least two of the 7 million new arrivals. I hope they appreciate it. That'll really turn the state into Mexifornia. Enjoy!

Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Boy! What on earth has happened to California? People are leaving the state in droves!!! What happened to our once idyllic state?

I've lived here for 30 years. I recall how proud I was to tell people that I lived in California; the land of milk and honey; our own slice of paradise. Things have changed enormously. There are the ever increasing tax issues, the fluctuating home prices, traffic, the hustle and bustle of urbanized living. But, there's something else beneath all that which I can't seem to put my finger on. Here's what I mean:

Just this week, my folks moved out of California for good! After visiting several states within the U.S. they finally settled for a rural community within an east coast state. Wednesday afternoon, I picked them up from their home and took them to a nearby restaurant. We struck up a conversation with the waitress and told her how this was their last day in California. The blond/blue eyed doll told us she was born and raised in California and could not wait for the minute in which she could permanently leave the state.

What's happened here? What is that one underlying issue that is making most of us turn our backs on the once pristine state of California???
Ahhh the left wing libs have taken over

Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 PM

212 posts, read 476,249 times
Quote:

Great Idea.

Proposal?

Enforce the border. A few people are a talking about it.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
All i can say is let a illegal mexican family live in your home with you & your family for one week. THEY DONT EVEN FLUSH THE TOILET PAPER DOWN THE TOILET. NASTY!!!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well, Army Ranger training consisted of a bit more than just rudimentary mountaineering but that's neither here nor there.
we were discussing ski mountaineering, that was my statement, you claimed to have received mountaineering training, you didn't no one in the service does. At least not at the level of good liberal mountaineers.
Quote:
All i can say is let a illegal mexican family live in your home with you & your family for one week. THEY DONT EVEN FLUSH THE TOILET PAPER DOWN THE TOILET. NASTY!!!!!
What you have done here is point out your ignorance of Mexican life. There is a reason why they don't, and it is not based on your ideas of what is nasty or not. Now, you have said to let an illegal Mexican family live in your home with you. Is there a way to know which are illegal Mexicans and which are not? I would like to know.

Quote:
Proposal?

Enforce the border. A few people are a talking about it.
You do understand that the border is enforced, and the number of illegals crossing it has dropped over the past ten years, ,, don't you?

Ok, so now the border is enforced, which leaves us with 12 million or so illegals in this country, now what?

Old 08-09-2010, 04:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Drugs, welfare, unemployment, illegals and bad government not fixing the problems, sad for such a great state to be going down the tubes so fast and no hope in site.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM

212 posts, read 476,249 times
Quote:

You do understand that the border is enforced, and the number of illegals crossing it has dropped over the past ten years, ,, don't you?

References?

I mean no disrespect. Like the number of ILLEGAL aliens in our prisons, jails and using our social services, I can not find data on absolute numbers of ILLEGAL aliens crossing the southern border. So if you can make such a strong statement, I'd like to know where you got the data.

?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California