Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 04:39 PM

184 posts, read 438,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
To be frank but you don't have any idea what you are talking about. The upper Midwest does in fact get humid just like the entire nation from the Mississippi river eastward [actually from the Great Plains eastward]. But unlike Florida, the Midwest get cold fronts during summer that sweep in cool Canadian air that dries out the mugginess very nicely. But all you have to do is look it up and you will realize that Florida is the number 1 state for humidity [has the most thunderstorms for example] because it is surrounded by water on 3 sides and that water is quite warm [it is called the gulf stream]. To even suggest that Florida is less humid than the Midwest shows you don't know what you are talking about!
Well guy/woman, you're wrong. Go live in Florida for a year and you'll find out! The upper midwest does not get dry Canandian air, lol, Cold but not dry. Trust me sweetie I've lived there for 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 04:41 PM

22 posts, read 36,953 times
That's 163, 696 sq. mi.

BTW Curmudgeon - When you left the great state that is California did you take one of our pensions with you?

Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 PM

You people can have california, a state that's broke all the time and buy a house that's a living dump for $400k and then have no money for "freedom"! LOL. It's not freedom at all, it's a more like a BORE with SMOG, earthquakes and fires. Fun!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's Amazing View Post
That's 163, 696 sq. mi.

BTW Curmudgeon - When you left the great state that is California did you take one of our pensions with you?
No! We took two and we're glad we did ! We worked hard, contributed to them and deserved them.

Next?

Old 06-27-2010, 04:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That's Amazing View Post
That's 163, 696 sq. mi.

Chances are if he took a pension with him, it was HIS pension. That's what happens when you work a career. You EARN things like a pension. Not a popular concept in California, where taking from someone who has worked and earned and giving it to someone who has not is a prevailing sentiment.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,648,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
This is not a troll thread or meant to start a war but it's more about what people think. okay so Native Californians like myself, claim that when an outsider from another state bashes California or stereoypes it, that they are really just jealous and tired of whatever state their from. I want to know if this is true. Like what's your experience?
California born. I miss the geography and weather options of California, ocean coastline, high Sierras and low desert are only hours apart. The 34 million people in it, not so much. Weighing in pros & cons. I've been very happy in the PNW(spokane wa.) for 22 yrs. California has lost it's shine. P.S. I think this is a valley girl question. OMG!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
Well guy/woman, you're wrong. Go live in Florida for a year and you'll find out! The upper midwest does not get dry Canandian air, lol, Cold but not dry. Trust me sweetie I've lived there for 30 years.
You are only showing how ignorant you are of climate but who wants to argue with ignorance? Not me!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
No! We took two and we're glad we did ! We worked hard, contributed to them and deserved them.

Nexct?
Well, at least you jumped on the boat while the getting was good.
All of us that were unfortunate enough to be born after the 70s are gonna have quite a fight ahead of us.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You are only showing how ignorant you are of climate but who wants to argue with ignorance? Not me!
Right! You'd much rather argue from immaturity, lack of experience and ignorance!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Right! You'd much rather argue from immaturity, lack of experience and ignorance!
Thanks Curmudgeon, You are so right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California