Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2022, 04:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times

Advertisements

I think the Ottawa Chief of Police resignation is a story within a story and will be worth hearing later on. The class action suit against the city and it's police force will be interesting to follow with testimony probably revealing a multitude of sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 05:05 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,598,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As I posted above I don't agree with the truckers on the vaccine mandate issue. The protests have mushroomed to a general "no" regarding pandemic restrictions. I agree in general on pandemic restrictions. As far as vaccines we took for granted, as children, starting school with required vaccines. I just don't see it as a big deal even if they only protect against serious illnesses. A cold epidemic never shut down society even if, in the odd case, a common cold progressed to something an awful lot worse.
I can’t agree with the truckers either, naturally I agree that it’s up to the individual as to what medication one accepts into ones body, but I have difficulty getting my head around anyone prepared to give up a lucrative job rather than have a couple of jabs.
I read everything I could that was published by immunologists and virologists, and I thought, ‘Okay, they might not know the best route from Madrid to Valencia, but they do know the vaccine business.’
I drove 18 wheelers all over Europe for 10 or 11 years and I was pulling down a hell of a lot more than my compatriots who only worked in U.K.
I haven’t driven an 18 wheeler for a long time now, but I still have friends that operate around Europe, I asked one what he needed to show when he boarded or drove off a ferry to France, he showed me this;

We remind you that all HGV and van drivers and their passengers travelling with Eurotunnel must adhere to the following requirements as instructed by the relevant authorities:

From UK to France:

All drivers and passengers need to:

• present the two forms below to the French authorities duly completed and signed:

Travel Certificate to France from the United Kindgom and Sworn statement of absence of Covid-19 symptoms.

• provide evidence of an authorised negative COVID-19 test that has been conducted in the UK within a 72 hours period before the crossing.

UK Government has confirmed that Information and Advice Sites provide free Covid-19 testing for HGV and van drivers across the UK.

He added, “For £5000 p.m., ($6800 p.m.), I can suffer filling in a couple of forms and having a Covid test, it’s a no brainer.”

Old 02-20-2022, 08:26 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,540,051 times
Gerald Butts:
Quote:
It was always about the (money). The convoy existed for fundraising and propaganda purposes. This is one of many examples. When people looked like they were doing weird things, they were often posing for pictures that will be used to raise money and radicalize.

(Photo in tweet.)
https://twitter.com/gmbutts/status/1495306167597285377

Old 02-20-2022, 09:07 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,540,051 times
Unbelievable. Randy Hillier, MPP in Ontario, is urging protestors to jam up emergency phone lines with calls in Ottawa, as an expression of “freedom”.

https://twitter.com/RevivalCare/stat...15918439407619

The above tweet provides a screenshot. So I went to the source, Hillier’s Twitter page. The original Tweet there appears to have been replaced with this note, “This Tweet is no longer available because it violated the Twitter Rules.”

Old 02-20-2022, 11:59 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,341,316 times
The Bright Freedom Fighters of Canada awaiting their "1st amendment" rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...clear-blockade

"King told protesters the warnings from police weren’t official because they didn’t have signatures on them or that the city didn’t have a police chief so no one could give the order,” said Kurt Phillips of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network. “And he was telling this to people who don’t really understand how government works.”

Old 02-20-2022, 12:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

"King told protesters the warnings from police weren’t official because they didn’t have signatures on them or that the city didn’t have a police chief so no one could give the order,” said Kurt Phillips of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network. “And he was telling this to people who don’t really understand how government works.”
is it just me, or are some of you also concerned with the level of gullibility being displayed by these protestors?

Old 02-20-2022, 12:36 PM

15,427 posts, read 9,113,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Political theater, at it's finest. It's just sad that they allowed it to go on for so long. But in the end, they didn't really accomplish one thing. In a few weeks most people will completely forget about it.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:41 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,580,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
is it just me, or are some of you also concerned with the level of gullibility being displayed by these protestors?
Or some of the posters about the convoy in another thread.

They seem to be the same type.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 743 times
I think that peaceful protests do not work against this brand of evil because evil now has control over the laws and the enforcement of the rules. You cannot play by their set of rules and expect to win.

Old 02-20-2022, 01:09 PM

15,427 posts, read 9,113,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

Sometimes people just need a good reality check. The laws do apply to everyone, and the government must do whatever is necessary to make that clear at all times. Otherwise there is no rule of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada