Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 01:34 PM

47 posts, read 32,252 times
Man #1: "Oh, I'm not worried about a thing. Just wait 'till we get Trump back in '24. We're gunna git plenty of reinforcements then!

Man #2: "Hold the line!"

Man #1: "Hold the line boys!"

A conversation I overheard about an hour ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I hate to say this, but the truckers are looking like freedom fighters and Justin Trudeau is looking like a dictator right now.

Those are the optics of the situation.
I agree. What is going on in this country? This whole situation has become about Justin Trudeau's ego.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Which groups, doing what, and where?

All this pointless posturing and power grabbing could be avoided if he just talked to the protesters or, better yet, followed the rest of the western world and pulled back on the restrictions. It's a game of chicken now with a power/ego on one side and a bunch of people who don't know what's happening on the other.
And obviously you haven't bothered to read up on the topic under discussion.

Trudeau is not posturing.

Trudeau cannot withdraw mandates enacted by the Provincial Legislatures in the same way Biden cannot remove or override State statutes.

Trudeau cannot remove a mandate enacted by the U.S. government that prohibits truckers crossing into the U.S. who have not been fully vaxxed and can PROVE it.

These idiots do NOT represent 85% of Canadian truckers already fully vaxxed and among those CROSSING the border every single day. These select group of idiots are comprised of many who AREN'T even truck drivers, do not have the required USDOT FMCA issued numbers on their trucks, do not have the required CVOR certificates to operate in commerce in the various provinces of Canada sooooo those of us who did bother to educate ourselves are not spending any more time worrying abut the opinions of these idiots or those who would offer an opinion without knowing the first dang thing about the topic of this thread.
i

Old 02-17-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Big American flag displayed in front of the Legislature. Yeah, that’s going to win support from Canadians./s

Morons!
They are flying American flags because many working class men & women feel like Trump represents them better than any Canadian party.

In fact I don't think any Canadian party represents them. The Conservatives are hoping to take up that role.

The Canadians who are still in denial about this really need to wake up and realize that there is a massive, permanent, Quebec independence movement and a burgeoning independence movement in Western Canada.Tthey also need to understand that for the younger generations they see a bleak future without any liberties or chance to have a family and live in actual home. These aren't trivial matters. Usually the cowards in government try to steer focus onto how Canada is of course so much better than evil America or some other ridiculous distraction.

The government has tried to pretend these movements and people will just go away, and now here is the result, and it will only get much worse due to the way Trudeau has fanned the flames.

If the Canadian government doesn't get her act together I guarantee that the result will be a significant percentage of Canadians clamoring to join the United States.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:19 PM

225 posts, read 152,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
It's only a guess, but I'd suggest that local Windsor and area towing companies are worried about losing future business. If you agree with the blockaders, and you see Joe's Towing (fictional name) towing your car or pickup truck away, against your wishes, then you are less likely to call Joe's Towing if you break down in Windsor or area.

Detroit and Michigan towing companies wouldn't be worried about repeat business from Canadian drivers. They can come in, do the job, get paid, and go home, without worrying about any future business from Windsor.
That sounds like a great theory to me! It is interesting to think about the economics.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:31 PM

225 posts, read 152,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirehose View Post
Man #1: "Oh, I'm not worried about a thing. Just wait 'till we get Trump back in '24. We're gunna git plenty of reinforcements then!

Quote:
If the Canadian government doesn't get her act together I guarantee that the result will be a significant percentage of Canadians clamoring to join the United States.
How exactly is the Trump supporter element? In your opinion. Are Canadians looking for someone who will stand for them?

Last edited by Quebec Is My Country; 02-17-2022 at 02:41 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 02:36 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
The Coutts 13: New details on the men and women arrested at border blockade

Quote:
Of the four southern Alberta men accused of conspiring to murder RCMP officers, two have ties to a man who founded a neo-fascist, white supremacist group that aims to accomplish its goals through violence.

Chris Carbert, 44, of Lethbridge, Anthony Olienick, 39, of Claresholm, Jerry Morin, 40, of Olds and Christopher Lysak, 48, of Lethbridge all face charges of conspiracy to murder, a weapons offence and mischief over $5,000.

Carbert and Lysak both have ties to Jeremy MacKenzie, the Nova Scotia founder of Diagolon, a group described by University of New Brunswick professor David Hofmann as an American-style militia movement.
Quote:
Those who believe in the Diagolon movement feel a civil war is needed to create a new state that would run diagonally from Alaska, through western Canada's provinces, all the way south to Florida.

"And they want to accomplish this through violence," says Hofmann. "Their motto quite simply states gun or rope."

Two Diagolon patches were found on body armour seized by police during the execution of the Coutts search warrants. MacKenzie is currently in Ottawa and has posted at least one video in support of the arrested Coutts protesters in the last couple of days.
Edited to add: Just to keep everything together:

-my previous post about the original Convoy organizers: //www.city-data.com/forum/62879731-post451.html

- my previous post about a threat assessment of the Coutts blockaders: //www.city-data.com/forum/62909547-post655.html

Last edited by cdnirene; 02-17-2022 at 02:49 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 02:57 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's what I said about the pillow guy. Or else he didn't REALLY want to give up 10,000 pillows for free. But he had to know what the rules are to cross the Canadian border, of course.

RE your question, if Americans stay on their side of the border, then it doesn't matter if they are vaccinated/have a test. Everyone crossing has needed to show a PCR test since early last year, and since July, has had to show they are vaccinated.
My question was since it's illegal to even travel to these protests under the Emergencies Act, shouldn't any Americans trying to enter Canada for the purpose of supporting or attending any of the protest automatically be denied entry, regardless of vaccination or test results? My understanding of the Emergencies Act is that any Americans traveling to the protests are in violation of Canadian law, as soon as they cross the border. So they are traveling to Canada for illegal purposes. I would think, that should be an automatic denial right there.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:02 PM

3,464 posts, read 2,794,010 times
Quote:

Trump’s not a Canadian citizen. He’s not eligible to stand for PM.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:03 PM

3,464 posts, read 2,794,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post
How exactly is the Trump supporter element? In your opinion. Are Canadians looking for someone who will stand for them?

Are these photos possibly faked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada