Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 09:55 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada...ting-swastikas

And now he’s accusing members of parliament of supporting Nazis.
Pat King, one of the organizers and the popular face of of the protest, is a racist and white supremacist who has talked about violence being inevitable and overthrowing our democratically elected government.

Last edited by cdnirene; 02-16-2022 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 09:58 PM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
I hate to say this, but the truckers are looking like freedom fighters and Justin Trudeau is looking like a dictator right now.

Those are the optics of the situation.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:50 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I hate to say this, but the truckers are looking like freedom fighters and Justin Trudeau is looking like a dictator right now.

Those are the optics of the situation.
Maybe from where you are. They are looking like clowns here.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:08 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Agree.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:21 PM

3,625 posts, read 3,414,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post
Does anyone know why Justin ended up changing to get American tow trucks to clear the blockade at Ambassador's Bridge?

Weird. It's a fringe minority though? So why didn't Canadian tow truck companies take advantage of this huge opportunity?
It's only a guess, but I'd suggest that local Windsor and area towing companies are worried about losing future business. If you agree with the blockaders, and you see Joe's Towing (fictional name) towing your car or pickup truck away, against your wishes, then you are less likely to call Joe's Towing if you break down in Windsor or area.

Detroit and Michigan towing companies wouldn't be worried about repeat business from Canadian drivers. They can come in, do the job, get paid, and go home, without worrying about any future business from Windsor.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:56 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,331,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Personally I think RT has a lot more credibility than Fox News. Yes, RT's reports of the West are pretty negative, but not necessarily inaccurate IMHO. Sometimes the truth just hurts.
I wasn't referring to the content of RT, but rather the subversive tactics Russia uses in other forms, to dupe your average person and undermine democracy by sowing confusion about what is true and what is not
https://www.vox.com/world/2019/10/24...er-pomerantsev

Old 02-17-2022, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
A heartfelt story about immigrating to Canada and supporting the Freedom Convoy. Edmonton police officer's video thanking the truckers:

https://m.facebook.com/The-Middle-Cl...eprecated&_rdr
Just to add, there are tons of eastern European immigrants in my area. Some of them have the exact opposite reaction because of their background in a soviet state, and find it ludicrous that anyone who knows what a dictatorship is actually like could dare to connect vaccinations in Canada to some slippery slide to a police state.

Others don't trust the government. They don't trust the police. That's just how it is. They don't trust. And they have contributed significantly to very low vaccination rates here in southern Manitoba.

I listen to them sympathetically and correct them where there is a correction to be made, if i feel it is welcome. And since my background is eastern European, sometimes because they know I know their point of reference, they'll take what I say on faith where they wouldn't take it on faith from someone not of a similar background.

But there are so many similar stories here, it's impossible for me to find it moving.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Totally.

Old 02-17-2022, 04:32 AM

1,812 posts, read 902,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Pat King, one of the organizers and the popular face of of the protest, is a racist and white supremacist who has talked about violence being inevitable and overthrowing our democratically elected government.
So that means all protestors share his extreme views? I’d say 99.95% of them do not.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:09 AM

How do I find the donor list of givesendgo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada