Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 12:53 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
I think that was inevitable I just have to rely on the fact they and their supporters, whilst loud are in a minority and this will not effect future elections, Trudeau may not return as leader of the Liberals, we will have a new Conservative leader, Bernier will have picked up a small % of support ( from the cons) but at the end of the day the vast majority of Canadians will cast votes based on an underlying desire to maintain our democratic values. I simply dont believe the hot air from the likes of Pat King that claims this to be the start of a revolution
Revolution? No. Reveal-ution ( made up a new word! ) yes.

This pandemic has revealed how easy it is, to manipulate people, and have them stop using common sense.

You can't reason with people who refute facts, even when presented with them.

There was one Ottawa resident in an interview, mentioned something along the lines, that it was difficult trying to deal with people who failed Civics class.
It's not just Civics, but history. Comparing themselves ( the unvaccinated ) to Jews in the Holocaust is SO ignorant, and extremely offensive.

Like you say though, they are a minority who make a lot of noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 12:54 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Are they going to ban poutine up there? In the US 600,000 pep,e die every year from bad diets. How many people does poutine kill?
None. It's chock-a-block full of vitamin C and protein and it's good for you. People in US should start eating lots of poutine for their good health.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:05 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,331,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I am concerned about western Canada though, particularly Alberta and Saskatchewan. As a result of these protests and relationships forged, I think the separatist movement will grow in popularity and accentuate the rural/urban divide.
Yes, I was going to say that. There is an east-west divide in this country and there is a rural-urban divide and those things will only grow. The west has felt, rightly or wrongly, misunderstood too long. And the Liberal government will not win over the west for a 100 years. If politicians could just think past the next election, and think to the long game, that would help.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:07 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Revolution? No. Reveal-ution ( made up a new word! ) yes.

This pandemic has revealed how easy it is, to manipulate people, and have them stop using common sense.

You can't reason with people who refute facts, even when presented with them.

There was one Ottawa resident in an interview, mentioned something along the lines, that it was difficult trying to deal with people who failed Civics class.
It's not just Civics, but history. Comparing themselves ( the unvaccinated ) to Jews in the Holocaust is SO ignorant, and extremely offensive.

Like you say though, they are a minority who make a lot of noise.
Lots of people of all stripes compare their "plight" to Jews in the Holocaust.

Just sayin'.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Lots of people of all stripes compare their "plight" to Jews in the Holocaust.

Just sayin'.
Yes, but not sure of your point here.

Can you clarify?

Old 02-14-2022, 01:12 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
None. It's chock-a-block full of vitamin C and protein and it's good for you. People in US should start eating lots of poutine for their good health.

I had never eaten it until recently, but where I am now there is an excellent fish and chips restaurant that delivers, and when you order a certain amount, you get a free poutine. Very tasty.

Many moons ago, I hung out at an Irish pub that served French fries with cheese and gravy at the bar. Reminds me of that.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:41 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes, but not sure of your point here.

Can you clarify?
That it's far from being a unique trait of these clowns.

And it's always odious no matter who says it.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:45 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Brian Platt:
Quote:
Convoyers have put up a tent at the war memorial now. Police on site trying to negotiate its removal. A resident walks by with his dog, angrily asks one officer why they haven’t taken it down yet: “This isn’t a campground”
Quote:
Police are gone, tent has stayed. A guy on site tells me it’s to keep the monument’s security detail warm and fed. (Remember that after the fence got taken down, convoyers took over watch of the monument.)
https://twitter.com/btaplatt/status/1493268343591157764

Old 02-14-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That it's far from being a unique trait of these clowns.

And it's always odious no matter who says it.
Ok.

I didn't mean my post to suggest that they were unique.

I think we all have heard this type of nonsense before.

Odious is very apt.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:36 PM

https://www.wonkette.com/christian-c...by-disney-fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada