Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 12:10 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm talking about a more meaningful, total lifting, as in restoration of 2019 conditions. If someone chooses to be idiots like those truckers are and not vaccinate, their lack of health is on them.
I don't believe total restoration of 2019 conditions is ever going to happen now. The genie is already out of the bottle and can't be put back in. Everybody needs to adjust their mental outlook to accepting that there are going to be increased restrictions that weren't in place before the pandemic started and they will be staying in place from now on. There's no going back to all the ways things were and that's not necessarily a bad thing if everyone is learning a lesson from our previous carelessness and taking our safety for granted.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 12:21 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think when people claim false credit for stuff they knew would happen anyway they're doing it to gain personal credit for themselves from ignorant supporters in other non-local places who haven't got a clue what's really going on and don't have the sense to research or make enquiries about the truth. They're all only fooling themselves.

They are all the ones that I earlier likened to Howler Monkeys. All honking, hooting, woofing and howling a lot of hot air and big noise but they're so caught up in making noise that their intellectual and sensibility substance is shoved aside. That's what the organizers are counting on.

There is a lot of false credit going on in the Truckers Strike Canada and United States thread.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:37 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,331,766 times
Weapons seized at Coutts.

I have been meaning to mention this - don't think for one minute that those truckers in Ottawa don't have weapons somewhere. Dumb Old Boys always do.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...nday-1.6351112

Old 02-14-2022, 12:41 PM

2,401 posts, read 1,572,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
There is a lot of false credit going on in the Truckers Strike Canada and United States thread.
I think that was inevitable I just have to rely on the fact they and their supporters, whilst loud are in a minority and this will not effect future elections, Trudeau may not return as leader of the Liberals, we will have a new Conservative leader, Bernier will have picked up a small % of support ( from the cons) but at the end of the day the vast majority of Canadians will cast votes based on an underlying desire to maintain our democratic values. I simply dont believe the hot air from the likes of Pat King that claims this to be the start of a revolution

Old 02-14-2022, 12:44 PM

2,401 posts, read 1,572,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Weapons seized at Coutts.

I have been meaning to mention this - don't think for one minute that those truckers in Ottawa don't have weapons somewhere. Dumb Old Boys always do.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...nday-1.6351112
as has been mentioned by US posters how on earth could we allow trucks that big to park so close to the democratic institutions of government without knowing what was inside, where else on the planet would that be allowed, I think we have to re-visit some of the security measures within the parliamentary precinct

Old 02-14-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
I think that was inevitable I just have to rely on the fact they and their supporters, whilst loud are in a minority and this will not effect future elections, Trudeau may not return as leader of the Liberals, we will have a new Conservative leader, Bernier will have picked up a small % of support ( from the cons) but at the end of the day the vast majority of Canadians will cast votes based on an underlying desire to maintain our democratic values. I simply dont believe the hot air from the likes of Pat King that claims this to be the start of a revolution
Pat King is another "Tokyo Rose".

Old 02-14-2022, 12:47 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,331,766 times
Foreign money funded this convoy, including donors with email addresses in the US ending in .gov

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...da-says-hacker

Old 02-14-2022, 12:48 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't believe total restoration of 2019 conditions is ever going to happen now. The genie is already out of the bottle and can't be put back in. Everybody needs to adjust their mental outlook to accepting that there are going to be increased restrictions that weren't in place before the pandemic started and they will be staying in place from now on. There's no going back to all the ways things were and that's not necessarily a bad thing if everyone is learning a lesson from our previous carelessness and taking our safety for granted.

Are they going to ban poutine up there? In the US 600,000 pep,e die every year from bad diets. How many people does poutine kill?

Old 02-14-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
LOL. Yeah. It's actually laughable. I wanted to post a response of that video of the Howler Monkey on that thread but I know it would get howled down and deleted.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:52 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
I am concerned about western Canada though, particularly Alberta and Saskatchewan. As a result of these protests and relationships forged, I think the separatist movement will grow in popularity and accentuate the rural/urban divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada