Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
GREAT point! Thanks for the suggestion. (and a potato knish to make it complete!)

Now here is an oxymoron everyone who appreciates New York cuisine will understand.
We used to have a little pastrami place in the southern part of Arcadia, Ca. They were super cheap and I think better than those I have had in NYC, but doesn't make any difference, they are good everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We used to have a little pastrami place in the southern part of Arcadia, Ca. They were super cheap and I think better than those I have had in NYC, but doesn't make any difference, they are good everywhere.
I just worry about California pastrami because out there, it could find itself combined with mayo, or avocado or served on white bread. For me, if it's pastrami, it's on rye with a nice crust and a good mustard (and a potato knish and a Dr. Brown's cream soda). Hmmm ... maybe my upcoming trip to New York won't be so bad after all. Note to self: Add "find a deli" to the trip list.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Quote:
I just worry about California pastrami because out there, it could find itself combined with mayo, or avocado or served on white bread. For me, if it's pastrami, it's on rye with a nice crust and a good mustard (and a potato knish and a Dr. Brown's cream soda). Hmmm ... maybe my upcoming trip to New York won't be so bad after all. Note to self: Add "find a deli" to the trip list.
You're making me hungry! And I just went to get a Dr. Brown cream soda because of the craving (the best thing about working at a Jewish-founded university is that I can emotionally eat very easily on campus - Dr. Brown's, bagels and lox, falafel flavored bissli...). And good mustard is a given! The first time my boyfriend cooked at my house, he opened up the fridge and asked, "So, you and your roommates each have your own mustard?" to which I replied, "Oh no, they're all mine!" Mustard is serious business, you know. Can't have a proper pastrami on rye without a thick layer of Ba Tampte.

I'm trying to work up the courage to schedule my (overdue) next PET scan and follow up. It's always the most stress inducing call to make. I feel fine, but the winter weather makes my skin itchy and hurts my lungs which were some of the symptoms I had before I was diagnosed. I know I'm just having scanxiety, but you all know the drill. It's my 2 year post dx scan, and my oncologist is demanding I suck it up and get my port out. :P I think half of the reason I keep avoiding the scan is because I don't want to lose my safety blanket of the port!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You're making me hungry! And I just went to get a Dr. Brown cream soda because of the craving (the best thing about working at a Jewish-founded university is that I can emotionally eat very easily on campus - Dr. Brown's, bagels and lox, falafel flavored bissli...). And good mustard is a given! The first time my boyfriend cooked at my house, he opened up the fridge and asked, "So, you and your roommates each have your own mustard?" to which I replied, "Oh no, they're all mine!" Mustard is serious business, you know. Can't have a proper pastrami on rye without a thick layer of Ba Tampte.
Yes! Yes! I have four or five different mustards. You must match the right mustard with the right occasion. Today's lunch is probably a sandwich with cold cuts and cheese. I know we have sliced turkey, so cranberry mustard is probably today's choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm trying to work up the courage to schedule my (overdue) next PET scan and follow up. It's always the most stress inducing call to make. I feel fine, but the winter weather makes my skin itchy and hurts my lungs which were some of the symptoms I had before I was diagnosed. I know I'm just having scanxiety, but you all know the drill. It's my 2 year post dx scan, and my oncologist is demanding I suck it up and get my port out. :P I think half of the reason I keep avoiding the scan is because I don't want to lose my safety blanket of the port!
I understand the safety blanket. Do you think that maybe the removal of the port could be liberating? My next PET/CT is in March and I'm hoping for a clean scan. That thing in my neck (probably an enlarged lymph node) does have me concerned, but the oncologist doesn't seem worried about it in it's present size and location - and the fact that he can move it. I do trust him ... but I want to see the pictures too! I like the phrase scanxiety. I had not seen it before.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
When I think of the place I remember it was rye, mustard and great pastrami, no avacodos, no mayo just good qualtiy, but that was years ago...as for the Dr Browns, that I don't remember!!!! I am saying No.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM

How many of you have cried because of pure joy lately? Well I just did, hubby got a call from the ocologist: his MRI is clear, no recrrance on his kidney and nothing anywhere else, not stomach, liver, or anywhere. I am so excited I can't keep from crying and laughing at the same time. He wasn't nearly as concerned as I was. And for those who don't believe in prayer, I respect your views but I can tell everyone, I think God just answered mine.

Nita

Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How many of you have cried because of pure joy lately? Well I just did, hubby got a call from the ocologist: his MRI is clear, no recrrance on his kidney and nothing anywhere else, not stomach, liver, or anywhere. I am so excited I can't keep from crying and laughing at the same time. He wasn't nearly as concerned as I was. And for those who don't believe in prayer, I respect your views but I can tell everyone, I think God just answered mine.

Nita
Wonderful news! May we ALL receive reports as favorable as is possible given our variety of issues.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Wonderful, Nita!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,088,888 times
Nita that is great news.

Charo you are CRAZY I am practically counting the days to get my port out. I don't have it scheduled yet but my last infusion should be around 2/21. My oncologist asked if I wanted to at least keep the port in for reconstruction surgery in July. NO THANK YOU!!! Get it OUT girl!!! And get that scan done!

CA4now I want that shirt!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
That is great news nita!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer