Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times

Advertisements

Congrats SD!

There's no need to send the bus up Boston way, my roommate is putting his stuff in a cab as we speak. All of our showings thus far have been a bust and my other roommate is out of town this weekend, so we're hoping to find someone tonight or tomorrow, otherwise we have to wait til next week to pick back up the search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Congrats SD!

There's no need to send the bus up Boston way, my roommate is putting his stuff in a cab as we speak. All of our showings thus far have been a bust and my other roommate is out of town this weekend, so we're hoping to find someone tonight or tomorrow, otherwise we have to wait til next week to pick back up the search.
Good luck!

Shipping up to Boston. Isn't that a song or something? Feeling some Dropkick Murphys coming on.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Congrats SD!

This is going to be your winning weekend: it is a new month, the winter is winding down and I just know you will get someone before Monday..good luck!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am glad for research and proven methods. From 40 years ago the mortality rate was close to 90% now, survival is 90 to 95% at five years.
Glad to hear that you're doing so well. Before I started chemo, I was in the waiting room of my doctor's office; that day, many of us had a long wait. Someone started talking about recovery and several people joined in who had been in remission for many years. I just listened. It was encouraging to hear, especially in the beginning when everything seems overwhelming and you have no idea, other than what you read or hear from others, how chemo will affect you.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Roommate is gone, we found a new roommate who is a bit older and will be using the place as a home near work during the week and will go home to Western Mass on the weekends (but still split utilities and such 3 ways - totally has her life together and is working in the field I want to break into). On the flip side, my boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me this morning following a really dumb argument that occurred over Google chat at 2AM when I woke up in the middle of the night. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...

Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Roommate is gone, we found a new roommate who is a bit older and will be using the place as a home near work during the week and will go home to Western Mass on the weekends (but still split utilities and such 3 ways - totally has her life together and is working in the field I want to break into). On the flip side, my boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me this morning following a really dumb argument that occurred over Google chat at 2AM when I woke up in the middle of the night. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...

I recognized the lyrics. Happy for your good news ... and not so happy for the other! Hang in there.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Loved that show!!!
Charo I am so glad that guy is gone and that you found a good roommate! Sorry about the bf though.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
Sorry your boyfriend dumped you. Glad you found a roommate though!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Being dumped is no fun. The best revenge is living well.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Being dumped is no fun. The best revenge is living well.
So true. Sorry Charo about the ex but he just freed you for someone better.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer