Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times

Advertisements

Woo hoo. I never had a port, I took my chemo through an IV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Shelby you enjoy that shampoo!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 12:28 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
Wooohooooo! Congrats christina!

Yay for shampoo!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
First post-chemo haircut scheduled for Saturday! Almost 2 years to the day since I buzzed it. There was a Groupon for a salon that specializes in curly hair and I think I might actually go short again if they can help me with styling! And a color package thrown in just to treat myself a little more.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
First post-chemo haircut scheduled for Saturday! Almost 2 years to the day since I buzzed it. There was a Groupon for a salon that specializes in curly hair and I think I might actually go short again if they can help me with styling! And a color package thrown in just to treat myself a little more.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
you treat yourself all you want and let us know how everything comes out.

Nita

Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM

lol @ charley

charo enjoy the haircut! How nice!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 PM

857 posts, read 975,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Shelby you enjoy that shampoo!!!
Thanks! My next milestone is to pull my hair back into a ponytail.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby1half View Post
Thanks! My next milestone is to pull my hair back into a ponytail.
Oh that sounds wonderful. I will tell you this - today is the first time in well over a year that I had to buy razorblades. I was so excited! Until I saw the price tag. Then I wasn't excited anymore. LOL

Bad weekend, cancer-wise. First of all, I've got a very itchy rash around where the surgeon took my port out. Despite taking benedryl and using benedryl cream, it seems to be spreading. If it is not at least a little better by tomorrow I am going to go to the urgent care clinic and beg for something prescription-strength. Second of all, I got terrible news x2 Friday. A coworker of mine offered me a lot of moral support after I was diagnosed; she had been diagnosed with breast cancer about a year before me, was just finishing up treatments and doing really well. Well, on Friday I heard that she has mets to the brain, with a 3-6 month life expectancy. I feel awful for her, and I know this will sound selfish but I felt like someone punched me in the gut. I thought she was safe, but it got her - what if it gets me too? So I go home and get an email from my grandmother. My stepgrandfather had colon cancer maybe 6-7 years ago and dealt with it. Well he's been having pains and they thought it was scar tissue from the cancer surgery, so they went in to remove it. Turns out it was more cancer and it's spread terribly. My grandmother says he is not expected to last very long.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:38 PM

857 posts, read 975,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Oh that sounds wonderful. I will tell you this - today is the first time in well over a year that I had to buy razorblades. I was so excited! Until I saw the price tag. Then I wasn't excited anymore. LOL

Bad weekend, cancer-wise. First of all, I've got a very itchy rash around where the surgeon took my port out. Despite taking benedryl and using benedryl cream, it seems to be spreading. If it is not at least a little better by tomorrow I am going to go to the urgent care clinic and beg for something prescription-strength. Second of all, I got terrible news x2 Friday. A coworker of mine offered me a lot of moral support after I was diagnosed; she had been diagnosed with breast cancer about a year before me, was just finishing up treatments and doing really well. Well, on Friday I heard that she has mets to the brain, with a 3-6 month life expectancy. I feel awful for her, and I know this will sound selfish but I felt like someone punched me in the gut. I thought she was safe, but it got her - what if it gets me too? So I go home and get an email from my grandmother. My stepgrandfather had colon cancer maybe 6-7 years ago and dealt with it. Well he's been having pains and they thought it was scar tissue from the cancer surgery, so they went in to remove it. Turns out it was more cancer and it's spread terribly. My grandmother says he is not expected to last very long.
It's all around us. I feel worse for someone else than I do for myself. When my mother was diagnosed with S4 colon cancer, that was the punch to the gut for me. When it came to myself, I thought I had mastitis, my doctor informed me that it was S3 HER2 positive breast cancer, I was like. ......really........no way. Cancer sucks, no matter who has it. I try to have a positive attitude, but some days are tougher than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer