Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times

Advertisements

The internet! You sometimes hit it really right, and other times (like multiple personality roommate) you hit it really wrong. But I'm 25 and have loved the Partridge Family since I was a kid! And the Monkees. He did introduce Mork and Mindy to me which has quickly elevated to one of my favorite shows of all time. They don't make comedy like that anymore. I'm lucky - he can't talk about the whole situation because of some trauma in his past and he's dealing with serious health (advanced glaucoma) and financial issues himself - but last night he made time to make me dinner and watch hours of 70s/80s commercials on Youtube while I adjust to some of the new anxiety meds I finally admitted to myself that I need.

I'm hoping the weather cooperates for you! We're getting nailed up here this weekend as well.

Off topic-ish: But for some of you adventurous types, First Descents (the charity I have spoken of that sends young adult survivors on adventure therapy trips outdoor rock climbing, white water kayaking, and surfing) is having a climbathon in locations across the country: 2013 Climb-A-Thon | First Descents. There's no age limit and it would be a great way to learn about climbing in a very safe environment and put yourself out there! $25 gets you a nifty tshirt, gear, help from the staff (they expect beginners!), and as many climbs as you'd like. There are locations all over the country including NY, Boston, RI, Colorado, Utah, California, Iowa, Tennessee, and more!

If you're in the Boston area, please come climb with me! I'd love to meet some of my CD family and share something that I've learned to love with you all! Not to mention, it's something that I love that I'm HORRIBLE at so you can rest assured that you won't make as big of an idiot as me. :P Team First Descents - Allie Morse This is not a pressure for money - I really would love to see some of you try out climbing! If you're physically able to, it's SUCH a good thing for cancer survivors on so many levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I can't just throw a mentally ill person to the street in the middle of a Boston winter. He's been calm - staying in his room (which we searched when he was out....To try to force him out before March 1 might push him more toward the instability.
You're so much more mature than your mid-twenties peers. Hope you realize that. Glad to hear that this roommate situation is now moving forward.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Hard to know what to do with this crazy weather coming in. DH is taking off of work to make sure I get to my appointment okay, in case the roads are bad. Just getting to spend the day with him is celebration enough for me.
Good luck and I hope the weather cooperates for you!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
We made it there and back. DH took the day off to drive me. We had a lot of trouble getting home but we made it! So happy to be done with treatments.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
So happy to be done with treatments.

Congratulations. May you never have to go through it again!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
We made it there and back. DH took the day off to drive me. We had a lot of trouble getting home but we made it! So happy to be done with treatments.
All you all getting dumped on down there? I am sick of these storms passing us. We need lots of snow.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Take our snow! We're supposed to get a foot this weekend!

Congratulations, christina!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 AM

My 3 AM colonoscopy prep is complete. Please keep a good thought that the test goes well so that I don't have do to this again for another 10 years. (Thanks)

Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
My 3 AM colonoscopy prep is complete. Please keep a good thought that the test goes well so that I don't have do to this again for another 10 years. (Thanks)
All done. All good. Come back in ten years!!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Great news Charley!!! Ugh that prep is something special, isn't it!

We got about an inch of sleet/ice, very little snow. We are staying home; had to reschedule my port removal for 3/8. No big deal. I'm enjoying watching the birds at my feeders, and have a roast and veggies simmering in the crock pot. Smells good already.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer