Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 07:03 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,361 times

Advertisements

I have to say, "Kudos" to those of you who have been caregivers longer and more intensely than I have been. I don't know how you do it. I'm at the very beginning of this. Little things that aren't important anger me (like the moron at work who put all sizes of paperclips in the box of large paperclips). I'm easily fed up with people, with my lawn mower, with business owners who can't even flippin' call me back (who must be independently wealthy).

It wasn't supposed to be this way, was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 03:24 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,841,543 times
Joining in, if thats ok? Im the person with cancer (ovarian).

Old 05-13-2016, 04:53 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Joining in, if thats ok? Im the person with cancer (ovarian).
Sorry for the delay. Yes, join in. If you need to vent, ask questions, or need support this is the place.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:35 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,400,038 times
today marks 6 years since i finished my 48 daily radiation treatments! i did have some serious issues from the treatments and meds in the first few years that followed, but, now, i am getting great ck ups and back at work 4 1/2 days a week. i have even quite worrying every time i have an ache, pain or abnormality of some kind.

my wish is that all the "evil c" patients and caregivers can get their life back like i have.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:53 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
Congrats! So happy for you.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM

50,345 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I am a bit worried today.
I'm 9 years past breast cancer and a mastectomy, chemo and radiation, but have had zero issues since then. Until last week's mammogram which showed something different from last year. Today I go for another mammogram.
Since I've experienced the bad news before, I'm well aware that I could be starting down that same road again. Pretty nervous right now, but I think the radiologist is going to read the pictures while I'm there, so I won't need to stew much longer.
Just venting, really.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:13 PM

419 posts, read 387,522 times
Gentlearts, I hope all goes well for you today. I am so thankful for getting diagnostic mammograms yearly because they will actually read those while we're there. After going through breast cancer, I don't think I could wait a week or so for results anymore. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you'll get good news today.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:23 PM

50,345 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillRoaming View Post
Gentlearts, I hope all goes well for you today. I am so thankful for getting diagnostic mammograms yearly because they will actually read those while we're there. After going through breast cancer, I don't think I could wait a week or so for results anymore. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you'll get good news today.
Thank you for the encouraging words. Today, I had the follow up mammogram, and an ultrasound, and the result was GOOD. So thankful.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:33 PM

993 posts, read 766,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am a bit worried today.
I'm 9 years past breast cancer and a mastectomy, chemo and radiation, but have had zero issues since then. Until last week's mammogram which showed something different from last year. Today I go for another mammogram.
Since I've experienced the bad news before, I'm well aware that I could be starting down that same road again. Pretty nervous right now, but I think the radiologist is going to read the pictures while I'm there, so I won't need to stew much longer.
Just venting, really.
Hi Gentlearts. I'm sorry. It's stressful. Sigh. I was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive breast cancer (ILC) 2 weeks ago. Both breasts. My life has been turned upside down. I'm scheduled for a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction on the 24th. Possibly chemo and then radiation.

I'm ok. It's still considered early stage cancer. I have a lot of support and excellent medical care. But I'm still scared.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:45 PM

419 posts, read 387,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Thank you for the encouraging words. Today, I had the follow up mammogram, and an ultrasound, and the result was GOOD. So thankful.
That is wonderful news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer